Song of the Day

66 mustang

• 2023 Gold Donors

Geoff - what can i say. Masterpiece a song from a masterpiece album.

Really enjoy seeing what you post everyday mate.

This is a gem from one of those bands that was caught in the black hole of the mid 90's.

• 2023 Gold Donors

This...freakin great song and solo

https://youtu.be/2Rm5XYnrLKc

Good stuff mate.

There's so much great modern rock out there, i'm almost reluctant to open up that can of worms. I have enough trouble trying to keep up with everything else.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Everything we love about this music,

Great song,

Great vocals,

Great guitars and

Great chicks!

Mick Marrs looks like something out of "The Walking Dead".

Great song,

Great vocals,

Great guitars and

Great chicks!

That's a great song.

Thanks

Okay, mark it in your calendar kids, a Van Halen song was my song of the day. In it's defence, I have always loved this song and wish they could have done more like it (meaning good);

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD2iYFR_WLU

Great song,
Great vocals,
Great guitars and
Great chicks!

... and if you were as entranced as I was by the girl in that video, this is DEFINITELY NOT safe for work, but here are some nice photos of her;

http://redblow.com/jessa-lynn-hinton-in-bathroom/

Great song. I don't know of that one prior to today.

FUCK was amazing for me at the time, but like many records over time (Hysteria, Rock Of Life, Screw It! spring to mind) - looking back they are a but too well rounded and a little overproduced. Missing a bit of rawness I guess.

Maybe my tastes change, as I love early D2, even Paul Laine D2 as well, but am not taken at all by The Defiants.

Anyway, The Dream Is Over is one of the tracks that holds up best over time for me. Right Now and Judgement Day are two of the others.

FUCK was amazing for me at the time, but like many records over time (Hysteria, Rock Of Life, Screw It! spring to mind) - looking back they are a but too well rounded and a little overproduced. Missing a bit of rawness I guess.

Maybe my tastes change, as I love early D2, even Paul Laine D2 as well, but am not taken at all by The Defiants.

Anyway, The Dream Is Over is one of the tracks that holds up best over time for me. Right Now and Judgement Day are two of the others.

The thing I "like" about it more than other Van Halen albums is that it sounds like a complete album with a purpose. I would never deny them their success and good luck to them - they obviously knew what they were doing and ended up as one of, if not the biggest band to come out of that whole era. That doesn't happen by fluke.

But for me, I just think those early albums were such disjointed cluster-fucks of rubbish. I have no single other band in my collection, ever, where I think their singles are their best songs. But in Van Halen's case, I genuinely pretty much only like their radio songs at all, from the whole 80's period. The rest of those albums is a mishmash of styles and song structures and I know people would have been lapping it up thinking "man these guys are far out, which makes me far out for liking this shit," but to me it's just that; shit. Messy, pointless shit.

I don't mind 'FUCK' because it did finally feature a production job where the band sounded a bit ballsy and tight. Previously they sounded individually brilliant, musically, but 'FUCK' was the first time I thought they sounded good as a band. And it's more or less just hard rock from start to end. Boring, cliche and average to some... but as a fan of hard rock music, this is what I wanted to hear from them. Still heavily flawed, but their best album, imo. I also really like 'Top of the world.'

See I love the radio songs. And I love songs like 5150.

But it's all good.

I think I am partly biased by Sammy Hagar, who seems like an awesome dude.

The tequila, the money it made after the VH brothers lost interest and he bought them out, the Cabo lifestyle.

He's one pretty happy guy who does what the hell he likes.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Having a bit of a Kelly Hansen day, so i'll submit two if that's cool.

Always loved his voice, unfortunately i think he's wasted with Foreigner.

He deserves better than basically being the new Lou Gramm.

This has been done a few times, but this is the best rendition.

I can't choose between this and the original. Both are magnificent.

Had this one pumping in the car today.

One of the worst album covers ever.

Cool song, and timely as I will be spinning that tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

Hard to single one of these out for today, so I'll just say all of them;

• 2023 Gold Donors

I love all three of these guys albums. Although Carsten Schultz's voice can be hit and miss at times (i didn't think much of his CLSS album), i think he nails it with these boys.

Obvious comparisons to Michael Borrman, but i think overall his voice is better than Borrman's. It seems more polished and not quite as forced.

Could have chosen several from this album.

Went with this one.