Song of the Day

66 mustang

I ve picked this..

Lifehouse - Take Me Away:

Really great song from a pretty bad band.

A banquet of choice from a class act, but for me today it was this;

I ve picked this..

Lifehouse - Take Me Away: http://youtu.be/kFUFRMEALkQ

Really great song from a pretty bad band.

A banquet of choice from a class act, but for me today it was this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJmq5gfd6R8

I ve picked this..Lifehouse - Take Me Away: http://youtu.be/kFUFRMEALkQ

Smoke & Mirrors is their best I think. There re some good ones in the album. The song Falling In is another fav.

• 2023 Gold Donors

No it actually came down to politics - welcome to the twisted world of Eurovision

Haha. I'm actually a bit relieved we didn't win.

I don't know if we could pull off the hosting duties.

No it actually came down to politics - welcome to the twisted world of Eurovision

Really? is that what happens? The winner hosts the next year? As in Australia could host Eurovision?? How does that work? What is Eurovision? Why are Aussies even in it in the first place?

Really? is that what happens? The winner hosts the next year? As in Australia could host Eurovision?? How does that work? What is Eurovision? Why are Aussies even in it in the first place?

Eligibility to participate is not determined by geographic inclusion within the geographical limits of the continent of Europe, despite the naming (because it started there). I'm assuming "Eurovision" is more like a brand name. It has to do more with broadcasting rules and limitations (and obviously Aussies paid to be able to participate).

Congrats to Aussies for taking the 2nd place, just above UK. :tumbsup:

What is all this chit chat????

Right what actually happened is that Australia were 'invited' to join the 60th anniversary last year cos Aussies are basically massive fans of the event and have a viewing audience of about 3 million - believe it or not.

Euro took the decision to invite then back agsin this year cos they saw it as bridge building and a possible move to making it more of a global event.

If Oz had won they would have co hosted it with a chosen euro partner otherwise it would have been broadcast in the middle of the night for the rest of Europe.

OK ?

For the record this year was a massive disappointment after 2 pretty good years in 2014 & 2015 - nearly every song was poor and for the first time i actually think some of them were miming which is unforgivable.

What is all this chit chat????

Right what actually happened is that Australia were 'invited' to join the 60th anniversary last year cos Aussies are basically massive fans of the event and have a viewing audience of about 3 million - believe it or not.

Euro took the decision to invite then back agsin this year cos they saw it as bridge building and a possible move to making it more of a global event.

If Oz had won they would have co hosted it with a chosen euro partner otherwise it would have been broadcast in the middle of the night for the rest of Europe.

OK ?

For the record this year was a massive disappointment after 2 pretty good years in 2014 & 2015 - nearly every song was poor and for the first time i actually think some of them were miming which is unforgivable.

Buddy, I was trying to explain that Eurovision is not a geo-restricted institution as its name may insinuates.

Being probably one of the most watched non-sports events ( I don't have any statistics to support my claim, so I may be wrong) it's obviously a lucrative event for Murdoch and similar media proprietors.

Actually, the only chit chat is yours (the whole politics thing you started) :tumbsup:

Of course politics plays a major role in events like this, otherwise the majority of the composers would sing these stuff in their bathroom. :tumbsup: And I'm loosely adopting here the broad definition of "politics" as it was first mentioned in Aristotle "Politics". According to this, politics is "the things concerning the polis". Polis is the citizens of a city. :tumbsup:

Well at the end of the day its only politics which decides the winner not song quality.

And i was just explaining that Aus did not 'pay' to get in.

Tis all.

Well at the end of the day its only politics which decides the winner not song quality.

And i was just explaining that Aus did not 'pay' to get in.

Tis all.

I never wrote that they had to pay to participate.

"Like other European participants, SBS has paid a hefty participation fee, on top of its broadcasting fee, to ensure that our entrant, Guy Sebastian, can go straight into the final round, along with other countries such as France, Britain, Spain and Italy, who are given an automatic berth in the coveted final."

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/why-sbs-paid-for-guy-sebastian-to-be-in-eurovision-final-20150522-gh6wnl.html

Good band.

Super hard choice today... could basically pick half of this album to put in this thread. I narrowed it down to these two;

• My Little Pony

This is on constant repeat, AWESOME!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2D4iCzRW7E

Yep. So good. Really loving Forêt de Vin, too.