Song of the Day

66 mustang

• 2023 Gold Donors

Shannon - Let the Music Play.

Not everyone's cup of tea I'm sure, but I heard it today in the supermarket and was transported back to the eighties, as I am every time I hear it.

Always loved this track.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Georgia Satellites - Keep Your Hands to Yourself. 

This was quite the hit down here in 1986.

I have to admit that for quite a while after this song was released, I thought the band was called "George and the Satellites".

Edited by Darkstone

On 12/28/2020 at 3:23 AM, Darkstone said:

Witness - Show Me What You Got.

Witness - When it Comes From the Heart.

Here's two from a beyond killer album! Female Fronted Melodic Hard Rock at it's best from '88.

Man what an album that is! 

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors

Unruly Child - Do You Ever Think of Me.

Unruly Child - Forever × 2.

"Unruly Child" is Marcie Free's baby, but the "Waiting for the Sun" album featuring Kelly Hansen is an absolute killer.

I've posted both Kelly's and Marcie's version of "Forever". Production aside, I don't know which one is better. 

Edited by Darkstone
  • Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors

ZZ Top - Doubleback.

"Back to the Future III" is from 1990, so this is a possible "At the Movies" contender.

I know it's already a Hard Rock track, but it could do with a nice Melodic Metal revamp. 

• 2023 Gold Donors

James Reyne - Motor's Too Fast.

James Reyne - Hammerhead.

James Reyne from the Legendary Aussie band "Australian Crawl", released his debut solo album in '87.

One of the great Aussie AOR albums. I just posted another track from it in the Election thread and it reminded me of these two.

I'll have to post some "Australian Crawl" stuff. Their 80's stuff is as iconic as it gets when it comes to Australian music and there's plenty of it. He has a very unique voice, but it worked.

• 2023 Gold Donors
17 minutes ago, yamaha94 said:

i couldnt find his albums but i managed to find his greatest hits CD. great musician, in the veins of Jimmy Barnes with more pop elements. 

If you're not familiar with them already, check out the "Australian Crawl" greatest hits.

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors

Swanee - Temporary Heartache.

Talking about Jimmy Barnes, this is a track from a band Fronted by Jimmy Barnes' brother, John Swan.

"Swanee" were quite popular when I was a little tacker. I had this track on a compilation cassette called "Rocktrip '82".

I posted this particular video for Doggy. John Swan may have been a great artist, but he had shit taste in Football Clubs.

17 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Swanee - Temporary Heartache.

Talking about Jimmy Barnes, this is a track from a band Fronted by Jimmy Barnes' brother, John Swan.

"Swanee" were quite popular when I was a little tacker. I had this track on a compilation cassette called "Rocktrip '82".

I posted this particular video for Doggy. John Swan may have been a great artist, but he had shit taste in Football Clubs.

Thanks for thinking of me. John is very ill at the moment. Could be all that hard living in the seventies and eighties have catch up on him.

There is or was box set coming out of Swanee.

With Eddie leaving at the end  next season, would his lap dog, Buckley, follow.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Here's two tracks about my favourite subject.

One, a Rap song and the other, a Country track.

It goes to show that a deeply profound and meaningful subject such as this transcends all musical genres.