FRICTION - Baby Talk eBay auction

MIKE S

Secondly, you don't have to take that to the bank....but it is true. 100 First Pressing Reissues. And that's a fact. If you don't believe that...than I'm sorry.

Reading those words carefully, does this mean that there is a possibility of a 'second' pressing of re-issues that will not be limited?

cheers,

Lindsay

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MelodicRockOz is not me!! Leave me out of this. I hope both labels do extremely well if they are above board. All I have said on the issue is the way you (Sam) have conducted business in the past was not right, you have told me this via email. I still have the email if you would like me to send it to you.

Just because MelodicRockOz is from Australia doesn't mean that we are the same. Australia is as big as America but I wouldn't expect you to know that considering you are an American.

Good luck with Retrospect Records.

P.S. One thing I can confirm is that we will certainly miss Joe, he was a real top bloke!!!

Dave

Suncity Records

MelodicRockOz is not me!!  Leave me out of this.  I hope both labels do extremely well if they are above board.  All I have said on the issue is the way you (Sam) have conducted business in the past was not right, you have told me this via email.  I still have the email if you would like me to send it to you.

Just because MelodicRockOz is from Australia doesn't mean that we are the same.  Australia is as big as America but I wouldn't expect you to know that considering you are an American.

Good luck with Retrospect Records. 

P.S. One thing I can confirm is that we will certainly miss Joe, he was a real top bloke!!!

Dave

Suncity Records

Cool it Dave! Saying stuff like that will have you burning bridges to your label before they're even built.

Secondly, you don't have to take that to the bank....but it is true. 100 First Pressing Reissues. And that's a fact. If you don't believe that...than I'm sorry.

Reading those words carefully, does this mean that there is a possibility of a 'second' pressing of re-issues that will not be limited?

cheers,

Lindsay

My thoughts exactly...if the first pressing is in fact limited to 100 copies & that sells out, I would say it's a safe bet that Sam will do a second pressing...that I WOULD take to the bank! :)

This is just an email I received from Sam. This is not very peofessional at all!!

"aka MelodicRockOz

Dude , how is it you are civil to me in the emails but you are a fucking prick on Heavy Hypocrites?

You start in with the Friction being a bootleg?? You never even contacted them you lying asswipe. Man , your jealousy is just shining through.....are you bitter because I got to these bands before you??? Dude , I have over 100 bands signed to my label compared to your 2. I'd say i was kicking your ass......now STOP taking pre-orders and START sending out discs.

Everyone knows your game.

oh , and shut the fuck up and concentrate on your own label , which hasn't even released any product yet , and quit being a 2-faced fuckhead.

If you aren't MelodicRockOz then I apologize for this pissed off email but my gut tells me that I am 99% correct and a few phone calls would confirm yes or no."

Dan is there anyway you can prove that I'm not MelodicRockOz?? Or can MelodicRockOz fess up to who he or she is?

Thankyou

Dave

Suncity Records

Just because MelodicRockOz is from Australia doesn't mean that we are the same.  Australia is as big as America but I wouldn't expect you to know that considering you are an American.

Uh.....I believe I read that Sam and (Recordjnky) Dan are originally Brits....now in America.

And.......fyi, not all of us in America are big dumb Ahhhmericains.

WAY off topic, I know......but I kinda resent that comment. :usa:

hmmmmm.........I tried to be insulted by that comment but I just can't stop laughing......... :rofl2:

I didn't mean to be bagging off Americans but it is universally known that most Americans don't know to much about anything non-American.

Dave

An easy one for you then:

What is the capital of Australia??  No searching the net mate!!

Dave

Yikes...didn't expect to get called on that one. My first instinct is to say Melbourne, but I don't think that's right...too obvious. It's been WAY too long since I studied geography. Something like Caberra? Hell I don't know. I retract my former statement...I guess I'm one of those ignorant Americans after all! :)

Well, well, well.  I'm gonna have a pay that.  The answer is Canberra but I will expect Caberra.

Well done, to the top of the class for you.  :tumbsup:

Dave

By the way...is Peter Garrett (formerly of Midnight Oil) still involved in politics over there? I heard he won some sort of election a couple years ago. Man, I was sorry that band broke up...absolutly LOVED them.

I didn't mean to be bagging off Americans but it is universally known that most Americans don't know to much about anything non-American.

Dave

I'm sure Americans as a whole know just as much or less or more about non-America as non-Americans know about America.

Or something like that. :joust:

I don't know much about either of these labels, but isn't everybody jumping the gun a little bit? As for David and Suncity, it's a new company people. Sometimes there are kinks to work out. Things don't always go as planned and deadlines aren't always met. As for Sam and Retrospect, wait and see. Maybe he does fall flat on his face. Maybe he rips everyone off. Who knows? We don't. If he does do something wrong, then jump his shit. In either case we could have 1 maybe 2 labels releasing the music we all love. That's a good thing.

David's cds are taking a little longer than he said. They are the first he's released. Trial and error people. Sam is only selling his through Ebay. That may be the outlet he has right now. Jim clearly stated that will more than likely change when the Website is up and running. Isn't it a little early to dump on these guys? I will grant you that Sam has rubbed a lot of people here the wrong way, me included. Maybe I am one of those people he won't sell to. Let's wait and see how things go. Yes both of them have something to prove. Honesty says they are competitors. Whether they admit it or not, they want to fight for the better releases. But in the long run, this is good for the music, and the fans. This bickering just seems like a waste of time.

Thanks Jay....I think you may be the only one who actually 'read' my posts!!

Nothing new there. Same ole' Sam stuff.

It's getting old now.

JLPRocks and Recordjnky, I'm going to respectfully request that you no longer post on Sam's behalf here. It's the same old namecalling and childish "I won't let you guys buy my CDs because you're not nice", just routed through you instead of him posting it.

This discussion serves no purpose other than to give him free publicity, and he doesn't deserve it.

-Dan

I will abide by your request. But remember one thing....NOTHING was routed from Sam through me to this website. I may have 'inside' knowledge of the situation...but at no time was I asked...or directed...or coached, to say anything on Sam's behalf.

I speak my own mind.....quite freely I might add.... :lol:

I think its a great thing to have all this music now coming out and available to everyone. Retrospect is new and we should give it a chance. This site is supposed to be about the music. And the music is what brought everyone here. Let's hope both retrospect and Suncity along with the other indie lables can keep bringing us the music we so love. And we can all Keep Rocking!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:drink:

This is the best post of the day.....I couldn't agree more Brian! :)

I think its a great thing to have all this music now coming out and available to everyone.  Retrospect is new and we should give it a chance.  This site is supposed to be about the music.  And the music is what brought everyone here.  Let's hope both retrospect and Suncity along with the other indie lables can keep bringing us the music we so love.  And we can all Keep Rocking!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know we can all get along LOL

Here's to ya Mike

This is the best post of the day.....I couldn't agree more Brian! :)

I think its a great thing to have all this music now coming out and available to everyone.  Retrospect is new and we should give it a chance.  This site is supposed to be about the music.  And the music is what brought everyone here.  Let's hope both retrospect and Suncity along with the other indie lables can keep bringing us the music we so love.  And we can all Keep Rocking!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to all concerned, I'm not dave or david nor am I involved in any way shape or form with suncity records. I do not know him personally but I'm certian we've met or seen each other around radical records at some point or another :)

I now wonder if radical records will stock sunciuty records releases?

I will email sam shortly.

ANDY :):band:

Thankyou Andy for identifying yourself. I didn't know you lived in Melbourne, I thought you lived in Adelaide for some reason?? Maybe I'm getting you mixed up with Lindsay.

I haven't been into Radical Records for a while but I talk to Doggy quite a bit over the email and PM. I'll have to pop in again sometime soon, I always spend to much money when I go there!!

P.S. I asked Doggy if he thought they would stock our cd's and he said he didn't think so.

Andy, email me at david@suncityrecords.com and we can maybe catch sometime.

Kind Regards

Dave

And.......fyi, not all of us in America are big dumb Ahhhmericains.

I for one, am an average sized dumb American....

Are you calling me fat? I think you are dammit... I am NOT fat! Okay, so I finished that whole bag of chips the other day, like you haven't ever done that?!? They were Guacamole flavored for God's sake, how can anybody resist that?!? And for the record, I didn't know that was a dish of butter, I thought it was non-fat yogurt! God damn if a guy can't gain a couple pounds over the holidays without thin people from all over the world telling him he's a chunky monkey! :angry:

For the record (and to stay somewhat on topic), I agree with Metal Jay. Let's wait and see what shakes out. It's almost too easy to get caught up in the fact that Sam has zero social skills and makes some less than perfect decisions, but let's see what the end result is. It could be a good thing for the Hard rock/AOR community...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.