Cricket !

Wotty

To my English compadres :: A good day :P:P

To my Aussie compadres :: Hmm !! :angry::angry:

Mind you,I thought Ponting was really going to do some damage.But we'll see what the weather has in store,I think it will have a major bearing on the English win,err I mean result !!!! <_<

After their batting and Englands bowling today - I would be very concerned!!!Still a way to go, but England definately on top at the moment. McGrath was a shame, we had the same problem in Australia last tour when Simon Jones was injured badly and was out for the whole test series. You can't keep relying on one player all the time though. What will the Aussie attack be like when he and Warne retires, which is not that far away???He was the main difference in the first game really, apart from some poor batting and a dodgy pitch at times.I must admit I raised a smile when it was announced that he was out of the game, but wouldn't anyone in the same situation (you would be Killing yoursef if Pietersen or Harmison got injured!!). At this moment England have got the fire and are really on top of this, but things can change rapidly in this game!!!Hope McGrath recovers but not too soon.

Jez , i have to agree with you on alot of your points here.Make no mistake , players of the calibre of McGrath and Warne can't be replaced and with Gillespie seemingly on a downward spiral and Kasprowicz just a toiler , this is something that is seriously going to have to be looked at and quickly.I think Tait should be brought into this side sooner rather than later and at who's expense? i'm not sure yet. In regards to spin bowling , there ain't much after Warne which is a worry!!

The Aussie batting was a discrace that smacked of arrogance and the likes of Hayden , Ponting , Martyn and most of the others in which they went out was pathetic.They went out to bat thinking that 500 plus was not going to be a problem and batted like so.

IMO , having to bat last and 100+ runs already behind and 9 wickets still to get , this game is as good as over :crying:

The point i was making about McGrath is that make no mistake , their whole bowling structure is built around him and so it should as he is the best bowler in the game and when he was suddenly not there , they were in total disarray and have been shown up pretty bad , what it is like, without him.

To sum this up , yes we had no McGrath but other than that , we have been convincingly flogged :yikes: and alot of our players are going to have to extract the digit and quickly otherwise the serious prospect of being 2-1 down looms very largely and i honestly believe McGrath will not be available for the fourth Test aswell and that means a double :yikes:

$0.02 from an American... you guys are incredibly good sports! :drink:

Okay Bluey ,may i ask what you would have done if you were in their shoes?

Been a good sport or go for the jugular????

;)

To my English compadres :: A good day :P  :P

To my Aussie compadres :: Hmm !!  :angry:  :angry:

Mind you,I thought Ponting was really going to do some damage.But we'll see what the weather has in store,I think it will have a major bearing on the English win,err I mean result !!!!  <_<

Yeah Yeah Yeah , okay you are going to win this one now a long period of non posting would be most welcome on your part!!!!! :lol:;)

Dave - the game ain't lost for the Aussies yet. If they can get England out for around 200-250, then they are only 350 behind with 2 days left. A very gettable total on this pitch. You just need a good solid day in the field today and get England out, then it's game on. Warne will be the difference today!!!If he gets his act together, unlike the first innings, then it could totally change the outlook. If England get off to another flyer then I think it's goodbye. I will be watching with interest. A fantastic match so far whoever you support.

Dave - Shite, see how things can change in an hour or so. Carry on like this and you will have won by lunch tomorrow. Complete disaster this morning. Lame ducks!!!!

Dave - Shite, see how things can change in an hour or so. Carry on like this and you will have won by lunch tomorrow. Complete disaster this morning. Lame ducks!!!!

I still think a lead of 250 and we will struggle.We don't chase well and the pitch is starting to do funny things. :drink:

Now then,who's arse is twitching now ??? <_<  :P

"Yeah Yeah Yeah , okay you are going to win this one now a long period of non posting would be most welcome on your part!!!!! "

To Lord Ian {Title has gone up from Sir to Lord because you won} Which part from the quote above , are you having difficulties in understanding ???????????? <_< .

Anyway , take out some of the bowling from some of our guys in your second innings and other than that , we were comprehensively flogged in the 3 other innings.No excuses here and i even have a touch of the :yikes: about how we are travelling at the moment and as i said before , i also have double :yikes: without McGrath. :help: .

Now normally i would leave with a parting shot fired directly back and this will be no exception!!!!!!!!!!

Okay , celebrating is one thing , but someone should tell your pants to stop pointing at people.It's rude !!!!!!!! :lol:

Geez , i bet your undies need a good wash now :lol:

Dave -Oh my god , talk about a close game. Cricket doesn't get much better than that, whoever is playing, what a game. In all my years of watching, that goes down as the best game I have ever seen. Well done all round. A shame there had to be a winner in the end, but I honestly think the better side won in the end. My undies definately need a wash (understatement of the month). At the begining of the day I thought you may get 30-40 and most people had written the Aussies off. This was Proof of why you have been the best team in the world for the last 10 years, but also Kudos to the English side aswell for never giving up even when you only needed a few to win- A team I think that can finally give you a run for your money. Brilliant stuff indeed and a perfect advert for the game in general.

Now then,where do I start ?? Shall I be as articulate as Jez or as bananatastic as Tim?? Oh, the agony of choice.Well,all I can really say is unlucky.you could have won but English superiority shone through <_< .We reeled you in,got you to the winning line,than the gonads were kicked.AND WE BLOODY WON !!! COME ON !!!! It's now building nicely.....

Dave -Oh my god , talk about a close game. Cricket doesn't get much better than that, whoever is playing, what a game. In all my years of watching, that goes down as the best game I have ever seen. Well done all round. A shame there had to be a winner in the end, but I honestly think the better side won in the end. My undies definately need a wash (understatement of the month). At the begining of the day I thought you may get 30-40 and most people had written the Aussies off. This was Proof of why you have been the best team in the world for the last 10 years, but also Kudos to the English side aswell for never giving up even when you only needed a few to win- A team I think that can finally give you a run for your money.  Brilliant stuff indeed and a perfect advert for the game in general.

To be honest , i watched about the first 10 minutes because i thought maybe 15-20 runs maximum would be it and then went on to the computer waiting for Wotty and Tim to finish giving themselves a good workover to celebrate the victory and then fly off a few barbs in my direction but that was not to be so i went a done a few other things that needed doing.

I then sat down and watched a bit of TV and then just flicked it over to the station which had the cricket , thinking it would be well and truely over and :wtf: , Warne and Lee were still going and i just thought "You can't be serious" and then Warne stood on his stumps i thought this was now definately over.

Well , the last 4 overs i watched through my fingers over my face and my heart was pumping like a double bass drum and then Kasper went out with 3 runs to get.

Make no mistake , i would have love to have won but in all honesty England were by far the better team and even O.J Simpson would have been impressed with us if we had of got away with it :lol:

You say you have the team to finally give us a run for our money?? Make no mistake about that because you have.Harmisson and Flintoff with the ball are all over our batsmen at the minute and unless our guy's do something about that very quickly , we are in strife.

One other thing , even our newspapers were saying that you would have been extremely unlucky if you had of lost because you were the better team for most of this test.

How important is this 3rd Test going to be????? I hope not as close because i don't think my ticker could take to much more of that :drink:

Did I mention the fact that we won... :banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :P  :P  :P  :P  :rofl2:

Cheese N' Crackers you sunken ditches, got dandruff you dirty basket , you're not so muckin' fuch. :wacko: {How's that MJ :lol: }

This post is in another language. That language is called Marlanguage :lol:

To you Lord Ian , Tim and Jez , a well deserved victory :drink:

Did I mention the fact that we won... :banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :P  :P  :P  :P  :rofl2:

Cheese N' Crackers you sunken ditches, got dandruff you dirty basket , you're not so muckin' fuch. :wacko: {How's that MJ :lol: }

This post is in another language. That language is called Marlanguage :lol:

To you Lord Ian , Tim and Jez , a well deserved victory :drink:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

OMG....you're adorable!!! :lol:

Too funny.....

$0.02 from an American... you guys are incredibly good sports! :drink:

Okay Bluey ,may i ask what you would have done if you were in their shoes?

Been a good sport or go for the jugular????

;)

Following your commendable example I would most definitely have been a good sport! :drink: You doubt my fairminded nature? :o;)

Congratulations to all you Mad Dogs and Englishmen! :tumbsup: Sounds like it was quite the event. How long 'til this thread starts up again?

Roll on Thursday !!!!  :banana:  :banana:  :joust:  :whistle:

Well Dave. Looks like your in trouble. Lee is in hospital with a suspected infection of the knee. He , along with the sms kid, are your only players to have stood up and been counted.

I reckon they're just running scared. Pietersen's psyched them out. Without Lee & McGrath (& unless Warne is just unplayable) I think this can only go one way...

Speaking of the over-hyped serial shagger, did anyone see his delivery to Strauss? How much spin?! Strauss has been very unlucky so far, everytime he's been out it's been to something that no batsmen could've got near...

Well Dave. Looks like your in trouble. Lee is in hospital with a suspected infection of the knee. He , along with the sms kid, are your only players to have stood up and been counted.

Which sms kid ?????????????? Warne or Martyn :lol:

Yep , our backs are to the wall now so we will see what happens. Maybe our top and middle order batsmen might have to do something for once :angry: .

:drink:

I reckon they're just running scared. Pietersen's psyched them out. Without Lee & McGrath (& unless Warne is just unplayable) I think this can only go one way...

Speaking of the over-hyped serial shagger, did anyone see his delivery to Strauss? How much spin?! Strauss has been very unlucky so far, everytime he's been out it's been to something that no batsmen could've got near...

Running scared ???????????.

Why is Ian Botham urging England to doctor the Old Trafford Test wicket to nullify the threat of Warne and MacGill saying "If they don't , they will spin us silly".

Who's running scared <_<

Okay , i am going to do something that i have never done before and that is give a couple of "Too and From's" a big pat on the back for being as we call them in Oz , "Great Bloke's".

1- Freddy Flintoff going straight to Brett Lee when the last wicket fell ,before going to celebrate with the rest of the team and shaking his hand and praising him for his gutsy effort with the bat. :bowdown: To you Freddy.

2-Second one goes out to some unknown bloke {This is from our newspaper}.

Michael Kasprowicz tried to buy a quiet beer before dinner but each time he went to the bar he got cut off.

"No , no , no it's mine.I want to shout you for the courage you showed today", said the England supporter who kept intercepting Kasprowicz on the way to the bar. :tumbsup: to that great Bloke aswell. :drink: