Cricket !

Wotty

Doggy.Let me revel in victory, and watching classic comedy fielding from your guys,gives me that "first-blood" to us feeling.P.S. Was it me or was Mr Ponting trying not to cry ???? <_<

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

With all due respect boys , :gives: about 20 / 20 cricket ??.

How sad it is when you have to gloat over that .

Boy this is going to be good :rofl2:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

With all due respect boys ,  :gives:  about 20 / 20 cricket ??.

Boy this is going to be good  :rofl2:

5 years ago we'd have been bowled out for 80 and you'd have got the runs in 10 overs.

Even Boof was impressed last night. Will we win the ashes.? Probably not but wouldn't it be nice to have a close series?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

With all due respect boys ,  :gives:  about 20 / 20 cricket ??.

Boy this is going to be good  :rofl2:

5 years ago we'd have been bowled out for 80 and you'd have got the runs in 10 overs.

Even Boof was impressed last night. Will we win the ashes.? Probably not but wouldn't it be nice to have a close series?

Pete , I'll tell you something as long as you promise not to tell Wotty. 20/20 Cricket is laughable , one day Cricket is really not that important now due to over kill of the game {Except World Cup} and Test cricket is the real deal {Especially the Ashes series}.

You ask "Would'nt it be nice to have a close series?" My answer is "No , I would love to see the Aussies grind your mob into the dirt" {That's natural though due to rivalry}. Will it be close? {This is the part you can't tell Wotty. If you do , i will strongly deny i said it}

This "Test" series will be alot closer than alot of people think !!

I must admit that our newspaper today was having a good laugh and joke about the euphoria in the English newspapers stating all the headlines from all your papers from that all important 20/20 victory.

Let's see how quick they will turn on the team , when things don't go well !!!!! :drink:

Dave,

Agree with you completely, test cricket is where it's at. 20/20 involves an awful lot of luck; whereas over a 5-day test you need more than just luck.

I do think the fact we've won the last 3 against you could be significant, and although we'd be gutted to lose (we always hate to lose to the Aussies) I'd hope that the 2 best teams in the world could put on an awesome game...

Dave,

Agree with you completely, test cricket is where it's at.  20/20 involves an awful lot of luck; whereas over a 5-day test you need more than just luck.

I do think the fact we've won the last 3 against you could be significant, and although we'd be gutted to lose (we always hate to lose to the Aussies) I'd hope that the 2 best teams in the world could put on an awesome game...

One thing Timmy boy, the one Test victory you had was when we already had the series won ! That we class as a "dead rubber" and we are known not to go full throttle in those games.

The sooner this series arrives , the better.At least we finally have some interest for a test series! :drink:

So lets keep the cheap shots firing back and forth as that adds to the build up. :butt: That goes for you too Sir Wotty ;)

Oh my god - The high flying Aussies can't even beat an English county side now. Not a good start!!!! :lol::D

who do I root for?

Whoa......watch it........."root" means something totally different in Aussie-Speak. :lol:

Dunno what you might be in for. :unsure::lol:

Well done MJ , you have picked up the Aussie Lingo very quickly and i'm impressed.

Metal Jay , if you are looking to do a little bit of "ROOTING", we hope you get lucky and let us know if you score{ I think it's called getting to fourth base in your lingo"}.

Now the only ones here who are going to be "ROOTED" are the English cricket team when the real stuff starts :crying: ... :drink:

Oh my god - The high flying Aussies can't even beat an English county side now.  Not a good start!!!! :lol::D

Firstly, who made the runs ?????????

Batsmen-1....A Sri Lankan !!!!!!!!!!!

Batsmen-2....A South African !!!!!!!

Can they play test cricket for England {You wish} ?......NO.

A bit like your soccer team when it comes to the world cup. {All the class goes back to play for their own country?}

Lap it up while you can and please ensure you whip yourselves into a frenzy over this amazing success you are having.

:respect:

Geez , i hope you guys aren't setting yourselves up for a big fall when the real stuff begins ? :lol:

A Big fall is what we always expect,so revelling in the Aussie's misery at this time is a real pre-curser to the test series.

C'mon Ian , don't be like that :lol: