Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

"Agent 505: Death Trap Beirut" (aka "From Beirut With Love," 1966)
agent-505-death-trap-beirut-movie-poster

More swingin' 60s Eurospy fun. A smooth Interpol agent (Frederick Stafford) stationed in Beirut romances a lovely lady photographer (French beauty Genevieve Cluny) while tracking a super-villain known only as "The Sheik," who plans to unleash a new kind of chemical weapon on the world.
The story in this German/Italian Bond knockoff was a hopeless muddle but there were lots 'n' lots of pretty girls in it, therefore I was entertained.

Tucker and Dale VS Evil gall darned excellent!

One of my favourite films. Alan Tudyk is too good.

True that.

Watched that second Maze Runner film, excellent btw and Alan had a great part in it.

Introduced the kids to Zoolander last night as well in preparation's for the new movie and it was of course well received as I tis ridiculous and quite funny.

• My Little Pony

Bullitt - still holds up well after all these years...

One of the greatest car chases of all time. Of all time!

Waterboy - as good as it ever was.

Happy Gilmore - love this one also. Danny Glover has a great role.

Bad Santa - still had a few moments when I laughed out loud a lot

"Deepstar Six" (1989)

The crew of an undersea research station is menaced by a giant, hungry something-or-other in Sean "Friday the 13th" Cunningham's cheap looking but entertaining aquatic "Alien" variant which was one of several underwater horror flicks that tried to beat James Cameron's "The Abyss" to the punch in 1989.

• My Little Pony

Been on a horror kick. I found this site called Reel Scary, that gives films a rating in three categories: Gore, Disturb, and Suspense. Ideally, you search exactly for what you're in the mood for. I'm not sure how accurate it is.

Spoorloos (The Vanishing) (1988)

This one was rated very high on both Disturb and Suspense scales, but it was really neither of those. I still enjoyed it, though. It's a Dutch film about a woman who is abducted, without trace, while on vacation, and her husband/boyfriend (the subtitles were never clear on what their relation was) obsesses over finding her for three years.

We Are What We Are (2013)

Again, this one failed my needs for horror. But, again, it was still a good film. I'm not sure how to describe this one without giving away the plot. It gets real disturbing at the end.

El Ofanato (The Orphanage) (2007)

This was another good film, and a bit more traditional horror. It's a proper ghost film, but they didn't try going for the 'scare factor.' A woman moves into an old orphanage she grew up in, with her husband and adopted son. Son starts talking to the kids that used to live in the house thirty years ago. Typical shit, but well done. Produced by Guillermo del Toro, if that influences your decision; though, I think he just threw money at it. I'm not sure he had any other involvement.

I'mma try again today. Might just have to go with some classics.

Been on a horror kick. I found this site called Reel Scary, that gives films a rating in three categories: Gore, Disturb, and Suspense. Ideally, you search exactly for what you're in the mood for. I'm not sure how accurate it is.

Spoorloos (The Vanishing) (1988)

This one was rated very high on both Disturb and Suspense scales, but it was really neither of those. I still enjoyed it, though. It's a Dutch film about a woman who is abducted, without trace, while on vacation, and her husband/boyfriend (the subtitles were never clear on what their relation was) obsesses over finding her for three years.

We Are What We Are (2013)

Again, this one failed my needs for horror. But, again, it was still a good film. I'm not sure how to describe this one without giving away the plot. It gets real disturbing at the end.

El Ofanato (The Orphanage) (2007)

This was another good film, and a bit more traditional horror. It's a proper ghost film, but they didn't try going for the 'scare factor.' A woman moves into an old orphanage she grew up in, with her husband and adopted son. Son starts talking to the kids that used to live in the house thirty years ago. Typical shit, but well done. Produced by Guillermo del Toro, if that influences your decision; though, I think he just threw money at it. I'm not sure he had any other involvement.

I'mma try again today. Might just have to go with some classics.

I loved The Vanishing, maybe you'd prefer the US remake? Prolly not given u know what happens. The Orphanage is a great flick.

Spectre....what a pile of steaming shit. No wonder Daniel Craig doesn't want to do another! Did anyone actually like this?

Thought it was pretty average, and moving pretty far from any interpretation of James Bond.

Spectre....what a pile of steaming shit. No wonder Daniel Craig doesn't want to do another! Did anyone actually like this?

Thought it was pretty average, and moving pretty far from any interpretation of James Bond.

Definitely Craig's worst one

• My Little Pony

A couple more winners.

The Descent (2005)

Six women go spelunking, and discover they're not alone in the cave. Some very claustrophobic scenes, and some other scenes I won't mention as to not spoil the film. Really cool.

Cube (1997)

A Canadian indie film about people waking up in a cube-shaped room with six doors, each leading to other identical rooms. Only some are booby trapped. More of a psychological horror. This one apparently has a cult following, and I can see why. There's some shoddy acting, but the film is really well done.

"Lightning Bolt" (1966, aka "Operazione Goldman")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWkCdFKYo8I
Yet another low budget Italian-made James Bond knockoff starring an American actor (Anthony Eisley of the Sixties TV show "Hawaiian Eye") as a suave federal agent.
In "Lightning Bolt," Tough-guy playboy spy Harry Sennet is investigating the sabotage of several U.S. rocket launches at Cape Kennedy. He eventually discovers a plot by a super-villain type who wants to control the world (of course) from a secret base at the bottom of the ocean.
I've been watching a lot of these "Eurospy" Bond wanna-be's lately and this one was the best so far. It's a ripoff of "Dr. No" on a cheese-and-crackers budget but it's got plenty of action, tons of pretty girls and some cool set pieces. Lots of fun!!

"Killers are Challenged" (aka "Bob Fleming: Mission Casablanca," 1966)

More Eurospy fun with Richard Harrison reprising his Agent Bob Fleming role from 1965's "Secret Agent Fireball." This time he's impersonating a scientist who's been targeted by a trio of gorgeous femme-fatale assassins.
I liked this one better than the original film, due mainly to Harrison toning down his performance as Fleming - he was such a smirky, leering prick in the first movie that I was kinda rooting for the bad guys (haha) but here he sticks mainly to a man-of-few-words, two-fisted-tough-guy approach. Plus the action scenes are better and the female eye candy is outstanding!