Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

"Deception" (2008)

A jet set lawyer (Hugh Jackman) befriends a dorky corporate accountant (Ewan McGregor) and introduces him to life in the fast lane. Of course, eventually Accountant Boy learns that his new pal nas a dark side.

Stylish thriller w/decent performances even if it did drag for a bit in the middle.

"Men in Black" (1997)

A grizzled veteran (Tommy Lee Jones) of a secret organization that monitors extraterrestrial life on Earth recruits a young NYPD hothead (Will Smith) into the fold, then the pair have to solve an intergalactic mystery to prevent our planet's destruction. A fast, funny, action packed mega-hit that pretty much cemented Smith's status as a bankable movie star and spawned two sequels.

'Scarface" (1983)

Brian DePalma's glossy, epic length 80s update of the Howard Hawks gangster classic is a twisted take on the American dream, as it follows the rise and fall of Tony Montana (Al Pacino) who goes from Cuban refugee camp to small time thug and finally to Miami cocaine kingpin.

Controversial in its day, some of it hasn't aged very well (like the uber-cheesy synth score by Giorgio Moroder) but the performances are excellent and the violence is still pretty dang brutal even by today's standards.

"SAY HELL-O TO MY LEETLE FRIEND!"

"Scooby-Doo" (2002)

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80xWiJ-0j94[/media]

Live action version of the cartoon classic reunites the Mystery Inc. crew to solve a mystery on Spooky Island, a horror-themed tropical amusement park. Lots of garish sets, loud noises and cheap-on-purpose (at least I hope it was on purpose) CGI follows.

This flick is total kid stuff, of course, but I have to admit that it wasn't nearly as painful as I'd expected. Thankfully the filmmakers were thoughtful enough to provide some eye candy for Dad, in the form of Sarah Michelle Gellar as a butt kicking Daphne and Isla ("Wedding Crashers") Fisher as an island cutie who befriends the Mystery Machine gang.

Oh, and I swear that Matthew "Scream" Lillard was born to play Shaggy. rofl2.gif

My kids thought it was a hoot and I've seen worse. Let's leave it at that.

Oh, this one and the other Scooby Doo movie are my secret favorites. Don't tell anyone. :D

I like it to, grew up with Scooby in the 70's-80's. But having a 6 and 4 year old,We've seen the 2 of them SOOOOO many times!

I like it to, grew up with Scooby in the 70's-80's. But having a 6 and 4 year old,We've seen the 2 of them SOOOOO many times!

My kids liked this one so much that they want me to get them "Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed" next. Thankfully I'm borrowing them from the public library, therefore the number of repeat viewings will be minimal.

"Hot Fuzz" (2007)

[media=]

[/media]

In this genre-twisting parody from the "Shaun of the Dead" crew, a tightly wound London supercop (Simon Pegg) is transferred to a country village whose deceptively sleepy exterior hides a dark secret.

Starts out as a pretty standard takeoff on police procedural flicks, then suddenly goes all dark 'n' hilariously twisted around the three quarter mark before an explosive, all out orgy-of-gunplay finale that would make Michael Bay proud.

A total hoot!!

My kids liked this one so much that they want me to get them "Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed" next. Thankfully I'm borrowing them from the public library, therefore the number of repeat viewings will be minimal.

The second movie is better imo. Maybe you will like it too. ;)

Yeah, the second one is okay. My son loves Scooby Doo more than anything and while the (original) cartoons are a lot better, I didn't mind the films. And as stated above, Matthew Lillard is unbelievable as Shaggy.

Yeah, the second one is okay. My son loves Scooby Doo more than anything and while the (original) cartoons are a lot better, I didn't mind the films. And as stated above, Matthew Lillard is unbelievable as Shaggy.

you know what is next right? the mystery that brought the gang together. It was a good watch

you know what is next right? the mystery that brought the gang together. It was a good watch

[media=]

[/media]

This one was made for the Cartoon Network wasn't it? I think my kids have already seen it. I was bummed cuz I thought it was gonna be the version with Sarah Michelle as Daphne. :D

"The Runaways" (2010)

Joan Jett and L.A. impresario Kim Fowley manufacture the ultimate all girl rock band in the 1970s, who make a brief splash and then quickly implode in a haze of drugs and egos.

Interesting (if slightly dry) bio-pic that supposedly isn't very historically accurate even though it's based on Cherie Currie's autobiography. After a while I got the feeling that the movie should've been called "The Joan and Cherie Story," because the other Runaways are basically background characters who have very little to say or do.

Great performance by Kristen "Twilight" Stewart as Jett and Dakota Fanning as Cherie Currie, though, and of course the soundtrack rocks. Good stuff.

The Seeker: The Dark Is Rising

On TV last night, pretty standard sci fi film with just about every cliche in the book. The ending was so obvious it could be seen a mile off. Quite enjoyable easy watching though.

Not a movie but we just watched the first, and I don't know maybe the only season of the mighty cheesy, but OH so tasty:

Todd and The Book Of The Pure Evil

Camp to the Nth degree, with corny dialogue and d level special effects, but the fact that the whole thing revolves around heavy metal and of course a town of devil worshippers, makes for a good watch for me...

"Hot Fuzz" (2007)

[media=]

[/media]

In this genre-twisting parody from the "Shaun of the Dead" crew, a tightly wound London supercop (Simon Pegg) is transferred to a country village whose deceptively sleepy exterior hides a dark secret.

Starts out as a pretty standard takeoff on police procedural flicks, then suddenly goes all dark 'n' hilariously twisted around the three quarter mark before an explosive, all out orgy-of-gunplay finale that would make Michael Bay proud.

A total hoot!!

Love it!

Lucky you! lol We own them both.