Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

Rosemary`s Baby

Road House

Two excellent films :tumbsup:

AGREE! on both titles.

"Don't eat the big white mint."

On topic: Take Me Home Tonight

Now this was a good little movie, very akin to classics like 3 O'clock High and any other John Hughes film. Nicely done topher Grace! :bowdown:

X-Men: First Class (2011)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yq7Za1JnZg

Prequel to the X-Men saga takes us back to the early 60s, when Charles Xavier and Eric (Magneto) Lensherr were friends and eventually teammates. With the help of the U.S. government, they recruit the first squadron of X-Men and then battle against the Hellfire Club, who want to use the Cuban Missle Crisis to kick off a nuclear war.

I had my doubts about this one since it had an entirely new cast (except for Hugh Jackman, who gets a brief, hilarious cameo as Wolverine that lasts about ten seconds) and a new setting but this turned out to be a damn cool flick. It may be the best X-Men movie yet.

Few more blu rays added to the queue:

Tango & Cash

Transformers

Transformers:Revenge of the fallen

Walk hard:The Dewey Cox story

Red

Hot tub time machine

Just watched Tango & Cash ... always loved that one, so it had to jump the queue even though I have never seen the last two before.

X-Men: First Class (2011)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yq7Za1JnZg

Prequel to the X-Men saga takes us back to the early 60s, when Charles Xavier and Eric (Magneto) Lensherr were friends and eventually teammates. With the help of the U.S. government, they recruit the first squadron of X-Men and then battle against the Hellfire Club, who want to use the Cuban Missle Crisis to kick off a nuclear war.

I had my doubts about this one since it had an entirely new cast (except for Hugh Jackman, who gets a brief, hilarious cameo as Wolverine that lasts about ten seconds) and a new setting but this turned out to be a damn cool flick. It may be the best X-Men movie yet.

Yeah, was surprised how good it was.

Only thing that annoyed me is that they dont seem to be able to have any sort of continuity between films.

Emma Frost was in the Wolverine movie which was set in the 80s as a teen, yet was a full grown woman in the 60s (ok, she was never named specifically as Frost, but it was her, powers and all).

The meeting between Jean Grey and Xavier/Magneto in X3 also doesnt jibe, as Xavier was in a wheel chair when that happened, but according to this film he split with Magneto before he was crippled.

Scott Summers was a teen in the 80s Wolverine, so would have been much older in the X Men films, and his brother appears to be about 20 years older than him according to this one.

Really dont understand why they cant have continuity in these spin offs.

^^^^X-Men continuity (in comics and in films) has always been a tangled web...

Anyway, another comic book movie tonight: "Green Lantern" (2010)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-GO9fo9DtM

Based on the DC Comic, Ryan Reynolds stars as hot shot test pilot Hal Jordan, the first Earthling ever chosen to join the fabled intergalactic peacekeepers, the Green Lantern Corps. Shortly after his induction he has to save Earth from the alien baddie Parallax. Fun stuff, lotsa action and cool special effects.

I usually can't stand Ryan Reynolds but I gotta give him props, he pulls G.L. off nicely. I was never much more than a casual Green Lantern fan and I seem to remember this flick got a lot of fanboy hate when it was released, so maybe my expectations were low, but I was pleasantly surprised at how much I dug this.

Over the weekend we've watched ......

Scary Movie

The Smurfs

Big Mommas House 2

I usually can't stand Ryan Reynolds but I gotta give him props, he pulls G.L. off nicely. I was never much more than a casual Green Lantern fan and I seem to remember this flick got a lot of fanboy hate when it was released, so maybe my expectations were low, but I was pleasantly surprised at how much I dug this.

The problem with those fanboys was that they never even gave it a chance as they all started bitching the minute Reynolds signed on, and decided from that moment on that it was shit.

I can bet you that a load of them never even watched it, and those that did probably actually liked it but wouldnt admit it.

Another problem is a good portion of them didnt know jack shit about the GL history. I heard people bemoaning that Jordan wasnt cocky or that he wasnt a ladies man, yet the reboot they did with the Emerald dawn mini clearly showed how cocky he was (he even ended up in jail for drunk driving), and he had always been a ladies man since he started.

Personally I actually dont mind Reynolds and GL has always been my fave character.

There were a couple of weaknesses in the film (I felt Hammond was not needed and should have concentrated on Parallax alone), but I felt it was not only a faithful interpretation, but was also a damn good film all in all.

Seriously hoping they follow through with a sequel so we can see the yellow powered Sinestro story continue.

"Below" (2002)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeLUGhCLQkc

Claustrophobic little thriller set on a WW II submarine. Strange things begin to happen onboard after a Navy sub picks up three mysterious survivors of a boat disaster. Kinda like a mish mash of "Poltergeist" and "Hunt for Red October." Pretty good stuff.