Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

BRIDESMAIDS, enjoyed it a lot. Because of the all female cast, my buddy refused to watch it with me, he missed a solid comedy, it's not just a chic flick at all.

Yeah, my brother felt the same way, but I actually think the men would get more out of this than the women. It might be a little too crude for most women. Probably the best comedy of the year.

I am kind of befuddled by everyone's, not particularly you's 2's, but everyone's glorious praises of this film? I watched this with my wife last week and she chuckled and guffawed throughout and found it entertaining. Where as I found it slightly amusing in very few spots and would sum it up as: "Sisterhood of the traveling pants with a dick joke and a shit joke." Otherwise an unwatchable sappy chick flick.

On topic: Dead In 3 Days and Game 6. Both OK. Game six was set in 1986 around the Redsox' failure in the world series and starred everbodies buddy Mike Keaton. Dead in 3 Days was a "thriller" set in Germany (yes it has subtitles)about a miffed high school kid exacting revenge on his nemesis'.

Oh, and saw the new Arthur as well. Which was not even in the same universe as Dudley Moore's version...

"The Legend of Hell House" (1973)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MDF9vZVd_s

Very dry, early '70s ghost story in which a team of paranormal investigators travel to a renowned haunted house to unlock its secrets. They hear voices, things move around, they get freaked out, aaaaaaand...nothing really happens. Seriously, at first it looked they might be building up to something kinda cool but... nope. Boring.

I'm still a little high on BLOODWORTH, looking forward to the book. Here's a nugget from the movie commentary, Val Kilmer wears the exact hat he wore in TOMBSTONE, I guess he got to keep it!

Daybreakers. If you haven't seen it...do. one of the new horror movies that i acutally enjoyed and held my attention.

We have tha at work on bluray for $8. thinking about buying it some other $8 bluray promotions like U571, Friday Night Lights and a couple more that i seen I'd like to have.

Daybreakers. If you haven't seen it...do. one of the new horror movies that i acutally enjoyed and held my attention.

We have tha at work on bluray for $8. thinking about buying it some other $8 bluray promotions like U571, Friday Night Lights and a couple more that i seen I'd like to have.

for $8 buxx what the hell. cant go to the movies for $8 anymore. :)

for $8 buxx what the hell. cant go to the movies for $8 anymore. :)

Daybreakers was great and very original I think, I dug it.

I saw "Daybreakers" a while back, dug it quite a bit. An interesting twist on the vampire mythos.

Anyway, last night I saw "Orphan" (2009)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ywOPNNii9w

A couple adopts a seemingly-perfect little girl from a Catholic orphanage, only to find out that she might not be as perfect as she seems. Disturbing stuff, very well acted.

I saw "Daybreakers" a while back, dug it quite a bit. An interesting twist on the vampire mythos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ywOPNNii9w

A couple adopts a seemingly-perfect little girl from a Catholic orphanage, only to find out that she might not be as perfect as she seems. Disturbing stuff, very well acted.

Have you seen Case 29 with Renne Zellweger and Bradley Cooper?

Another movie about a young girl that isn't what she seems and it's extra creepy.

This one was crazy. One of the best horrors I've seen lately.

Yeah, it was disturbing on several levels wasn't it?

Sure. And there are some people who said the ending/twist was predictable. As for me I didn't see that coming... :blink:

Sure. And there are some people who said the ending/twist was predictable. As for me I didn't see that coming... :blink:

Yeah, that was crazy. Now that I'm a parent, "Creepy Kid" movies freak me out way more than they used to. I can't even make it all the way through "Pet Sematery" anymore. :D

Yeah, that was crazy. Now that I'm a parent, "Creepy Kid" movies freak me out way more than they used to. I can't even make it all the way through "Pet Sematery" anymore. :D

I absolutely understand the Pet Sematary thing and I'm not even a father.

I absolutely understand the Pet Sematary thing and I'm not even a father.

Funny thing about Pet Sematery, I saw it a bunch of times when it first came out and grooved on it just cuz I was a teenage gorehound. I hadn't seen it in forever till maybe two or three years ago when my wife and I watched it and I swear it hit me right between the eyes... it was like seeing it for the first time, it opened up a whole new set of fears that I don't think I'd realized I even had.

Great movie it is!

something suspicious about that kid, toward the end i kinda know that she's not what she is but yeah the movie is extremely good and shocking :popcorn:

Re ^ A recent movie that disturbed me as a parent is BIUTIFUL...

Just saw CAPTIAN AMERICA, enjoyed it more than I thought I would. It had enough bit Marvel characters (and STAN THE MAN) to satisfy the fanboy in me. Like other recent superhero movies though, it seemed only to set up a sequel. AVENGERS preview attached seemed unimpressive to me also. Still recommend :)

CONTAGION

Awesome stuff. Slightly slow after half-way but a definite must-see IMHO...

CONTAGION

Awesome stuff. Slightly slow after half-way but a definite must-see IMHO...

Stars the lovely Marion Cotillard, so I'll have to see it at some point.

Marion+Cotillard+Contagion+New+York+Premiere+sJigHfcn3l2l.jpg

marion-cotillard-contagion-premiere-matt-damon-03.jpg

:quagmire:

Pirates Of The Caribbean: At Worlds End

Didn`t enjoy this as much as the first two but still enjoyable

GLOBAL METAL (2008)

a documentary by Sam Dunn and a sequel to Metal : A Headbanger's Journey. Great thing to see him covered metal communities in a non-usual place, including Indonesia. Too bad after he covered Iron Maiden's first concert in India, Metallica's show was cancelled yesterday there and caused some riot, exactly like when Metallica came to Indonesia in 1993.

"Godzilla: King of the Monsters" (1956)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnZ6Ktjynh0

Classic "Americanized" re-edit of the first "Godzilla" film (aka "Gojira," 1954), in which square jawed U.S. news correspondent Raymond Burr recounts the story of The Big G's first monster mash through Tokyo. Still bad-ass!!