Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

Pirates of The Caribbean IV - On Stranger Tides (2011)

much better than the third installment. A great action/adventure movie, Depp is always a class act, Penelope Cruz is quite decent here, not as shining as she used to be, but maybe because of the costume and make up. Don't know why but the hunt for the fountain kinda reminds me to the classic Indiana Jones movie, like this one.

starship troopers 3 - ok, not expecting anything great here. the first is kind of a cult fav i guess. the 2nd was awful. the 3rd was ok. don't know if I'd ever watch it again but it was ok.

Didn't Johnny Rico return in that one?? LOVED the first one, never bothered with part 2 cause I heard it sucked.....

Brotherhood Of The Wolf

(This is one stunning movie, a must see)

Agreed. One of a kind movie.

Agreed X 2 with a twist of Madagascar cinnamon.

On topic: Frozen. 3 people trapped on a chairlift. To high to jump, no one around for 5 days... oh and watch out for the wolves. 2 words bo-ring!

starship troopers 3 - ok, not expecting anything great here. the first is kind of a cult fav i guess. the 2nd was awful. the 3rd was ok. don't know if I'd ever watch it again but it was ok.

Didn't Johnny Rico return in that one?? LOVED the first one, never bothered with part 2 cause I heard it sucked.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWB8ananp_g

Forgetting Sarah Marshall (2008)

watching this with an expectation of an endless laugh, especially with Segel (Marshall in 'How I Met Your Mother') as the leading actor, but turns out to be actually a romance drama with an occasional funny moments. For this type of movie, it's too long but Mila Kunis' character here is fun, charming, and lovable. Completely overrated, especially when everybody praised this on IMDB, not atrocious though but very average movie which soon I'll be forgetting.

"The Mechanic" (2011)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMklQNn0OH0

Decent updating of the Charles Bronson oldie stars Jason Statham as a bad-ass contract killer who takes his mentor's son under his wing and shows him the business. A few slow patches but once the ultra-violence kicks in and stuff starts blowin' up it didn't disappoint.

The Battle of Los Angeles - Killer movie, loved it!

Season of the Witch - An okay movie but could of been so much better.

Dylan Dog - About a supernatural detective that had horror, action and comedy. This movie was actually a lot of fun.

The Warriors Way - Samurai movie meets Western flick. Not bad with some nice Kill Bill style samurai bloody action scenes but again was just okay and could of been better.

Dylan Dog - About a supernatural detective that had horror, action and comedy. This movie was actually a lot of fun.

I enjoyed this one too. I was surprised to read that it actually had a brief (read: disastrous) theatrical run in 2010, cuz I'd never even heard of it till it turned up on video. I thought it was just a direct-to-DVD flick. The guy who plays the dorky werewolf on "Being Human" was a hoot as the dorky zombie. :D

The Help

It made me hate white people.... :2up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOksOsB-cBs

KILL ALL DE WHITE PEEPLE!

KILL ALL DE WHITE PEEPLE!

DEN WE'LL BE FREE!

DEN WE'LL BE FREE!

:lol:

I enjoyed this one too. I was surprised to read that it actually had a brief (read: disastrous) theatrical run in 2010, cuz I'd never even heard of it till it turned up on video. I thought it was just a direct-to-DVD flick. The guy who plays the dorky werewolf on "Being Human" was a hoot as the dorky zombie. :D

That guy is great everything he's in. Detroit Rock City and Veronica Mars come to mind. I think the movie came out in April of 2011 not 2010 but my memory sucks these days but you are right it did not do well at the theater at all.

That guy is great everything he's in. Detroit Rock City and Veronica Mars come to mind. I think the movie came out in April of 2011 not 2010 but my memory sucks these days but you are right it did not do well at the theater at all.

Whoops, yeah, you're right, I meant to say 2011. Either way, it must've came and went while I blinked. :blink: According to IMDb it had a $20 million budget and it made less than $2 mil in theatres. Ouch.

Seems that it's based on a very popular Graphic Novel series in Europe but the Dylan Dog character is almost totally unknown in the U.S., that probably didn't help. Rumor has it that the movie didn't do well in Europe either, because it made some silly changes to the character that the European fanboys hated. Nice to see that pointless geek backlash against comic book movies isn't purely an American phenomenon anyway. :lol:

Started watching "Sucker Punch" but bailed out after about 45 minutes. Nice eye candy but if there was a story to this thing, I couldn't follow it. It was an incomprehensible friggin' mess. I felt like I was watching someone playing a video game.

Mind you, I NEVER bail out on a movie (I gutted it through "Battlefield Earth" for Christ's sake!) so that should tell you how ridiculous this flick is. Avoid!!! :angry:

Started watching "Sucker Punch" but bailed out after about 45 minutes. Nice eye candy but if there was a story to this thing, I couldn't follow it. It was an incomprehensible friggin' mess. I felt like I was watching someone playing a video game.

Mind you, I NEVER bail out on a movie (I gutted it through "Battlefield Earth" for Christ's sake!) so that should tell you how ridiculous this flick is. Avoid!!! :angry:

My wife and I got a heap of cheap movie tickets early this year and this film was coming out soon when we went to see all our movies. And every time we got stuck with this preview. I almost walked out on the movie I was intending to watch just because this preview look so, so f*cking bad. So yeah, I can understand your post. I couldn't stand the preview, let alone the thought of trying to get through the full movie. :(