Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

The Room (2003) Saw this little treasure for the first time, had known about it for a few years but the latest hype surrounding the movie due to James Franco's Disaster Artis had me intrigued so I finally checked it out. I anticipated it to be hard to watch but not at all. I could see myself watching this again sometime

"Santa's Slay" (2005)

A demonic Santa Claus comes to town to teach everyone the meaning of yuletide FEAR in this tongue-firmly-in-cheek holiday horror comedy. A tasteless laugh riot with a great cast incl. Dave Thomas from "SCTV," wrestler Bill Goldberg as the badass St. Nick, Robert "I Spy" Culp (who makes up for his appearance in the dismal "Silent Night Deadly Night 3" with this flick) Fran "The Nanny" Drescher, James Caan (!), and lots more.

Yeah, I'll be watching Santa's Slay :)

I saw Transformers (the new one whatever it's called)
No longer impressed with the effects, which makes this movie one for the nerds.
Even with Mark Wahlberg in it.

2 1/2 fucking hours is far too long, story is just a rehash of others.
Only really good movie was the first one, and maybe the second one.

They can rinse now, I'm done.

I have the latest Planet Of The Apes to watch. Hope that one is better.

All the damn 'blockbuster' movies these days are franchise movies.
Marvel, DC, Transformers, Apes, Star Wars, etc.

Give me something new and interesting.
It's been a pretty shit year for movies...

"Silent Night, Deadly Night 5: The Toy Maker" (1991)

A child and his mother are targeted by a manufacturer of lethal playthings in this bizarro Yuletide mash up of "Pinocchio" and "Puppet Master."  The "Silent Night, Deadly Night" franchise limped to a (merciful) end with this fifth direct-to-video installment, which may actually be the best-made one of the lot.
Interestingly enough, the mysterious "Toy Maker" of the title is played by slumming Hollywood legend Mickey Rooney, who'd been one of the most vocal celebrity critics of the original "SN, DN" film. Way to stick by your principles there, Mick.

Big (1988) with Tom Hanks. Came on TV and didn't feel like changing it lol. I enjoy most of his movies regardless though.

So I saw War For The Planet Of The Apes.

2 hours 20 minutes.

Another marathon.
This one felt like Planet Of The Apes blended with Dances With Wolves.
Long drawn out scenes to relay a story that could easily have been done as effectively in 1 1/2 hours.

Nothing new here.
Woody Harelson was good.
I liked how they linked this to the actual first POTA movie with Charlton Heston.

Aside from that... meh...

"The Hebrew Hammer" (2003)
Adam Goldberg is Mordechai Jefferson Carver, aka "The Hebrew Hammer" - a pimped-out, bad-ass Orthodox protector of all things Jewish, who's called into action when Santa's evil son (Andy Dick at his coked-out best) takes over operations at the North Pole and plans to wipe Hanukkah off the calendar. 

This very funny holiday themed blaxploitation/action parody ala "Undercover Brother" or the "Austin Powers" flicks skewers pretty much every ethnic and racial stereotype you can think of.  

I guarantee, this is the only movie you'll ever see where the hero walks into a skinhead bar, pulls out two giant guns and says "SHABBAT SHALOM, MOTHERF***ERS!" 

Was looking for Women (Extended) - Def Leppard for the Killer Intros thread and this movie trailed popped up.
Haven't seen it, but I watched the trailer and it's kinda sad to see Nic Cage in it lol

A couple of my kids have decided to watch The Walking Dead.

I'm up to date, but decided to sit in from the start again.

Enjoyed it the first time, but much more the second time.
If you're a fan I recommend taking the time to relive the first 6 seasons.
We're nearly through season 2.
Daryl is way funnier than I remembered.

As mentioned we binged on some X-mas themed films: Elf and Nat Lamp's Xmas Vacation.

Also as requested watched a good number of movies while digesting holiday cheer:

Love Guru- if you haven't seen it do so if you like Austin Powers films.

Dukes of Hazard- Reboot. Fun, harmless (except for Jessica Simpson, hubba hubba) fluff.

50 First Dates- Adam Sandlers version of Groundhogs Day but with brain trauma.

Valerian- A second run through as this was a present. Still good imho.

Despicable Me 3- Super funny as usual. Worth a watch or two.

Binge watched Billions season 1. 

On 12/27/2017 at 2:24 AM, CureTheSane said:

Was looking for Women (Extended) - Def Leppard for the Killer Intros thread and this movie trailed popped up.
Haven't seen it, but I watched the trailer and it's kinda sad to see Nic Cage in it lol

Nicolas Cage will appear in just about any piece of shit that's thrown his way nowadays. .. he must owe a lotta people a lotta money :rofl2:

"Bright" (2017)

Will Smith stars in this strange, Netflix-original mashup of the "buddy cop" action and fantasy genres, set in a modern day Los Angeles where humans live alongside Orcs, elves, and other fairy-tale creatures. Smith's a burnt-out L.A.P.D. cop saddled with the first-ever Orc police officer as his new partner, and together the mismatched pair try to keep a powerful source of magic out of the hands of a vicious street gang as well as an evil creature who needs it to take over the world. 
Reviews of this flick have been pretty brutal but I mostly enjoyed "Bright." It reminded me a lot of the '80s favorite "Alien Nation," and Smith is always fun to watch even if the movie isn't very good. It runs on a bit too long but lotsa stuff gets shot and blown up along the way so at least I wasn't bored. 

• 2023 Gold Donors
20 minutes ago, Fat Freddy said:

Nicolas Cage will appear in just about any piece of shit that's thrown his way nowadays. .. he must owe a lotta people a lotta money :rofl2:

It's not a real movie. It's a fake trailer made by Rob Zombie for the Rodriguez/Tarantino "Grindhouse" double feature. I thought you would have known that Freddy.

7 hours ago, Darkstone said:

It's not a real movie. It's a fake trailer made by Rob Zombie for the Rodriguez/Tarantino "Grindhouse" double feature. I thought you would have known that Freddy.

Ahh, dammit they got me, haha! 

I wasn't big on the "Grindhouse" two-fer, honestly. I didn't see it as a combo/double-feature in a theater, just as separate features when they released 'em on  DVD later on, so I never saw any of the fake trailers.

Seriously tho, considering some of the crap Nic Cage has appeared in over the past decade, it looked legit enough to me. :D  

Finished out my 2017 movie slate with this primo slab of glorious VHS trash:

"Terror In Beverly Hills" (1989)

Arab terrorists kidnap the President's daughter, and only one man can save her - martial artist/former Marine/all around bad-ass Hack Stone, played by Frank Stallone, Sly's younger lookalike brother. Yup, that's the entire plot. 
This dollar-store wonder features wooden performances, cardboard sets, a mushy sound mix and general ineptitude from beginning to end. You'll laugh, you'll cheer, you'll cry tears of Z-Movie joy.