Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

"Death Wish" (1974)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ivD1BAaFY8

Charles Bronson stars in his most iconic role as Paul Kersey, a mild mannered architect who turns New York vigilante after his wife and daughter are victimized by muggers. Compared to its sequels, which quickly devolved into by-the-numbers action-movie self parodies, "Death Wish" is more of a gritty crime drama, set in a New York City that was a lot darker and scarier than it is today. Still gripping even after all these years.

Useless trivia, watch for a young Jeff Goldblum as one of the punks who attacks Kersey's family, and Christopher "Nigel Tufnel" Guest as an NYPD patrolman.

• My Little Pony

Sherlock Holmes - Game Of Shadows

(this was excellent! Enjoyed every minute)

Yessir. Guy Ritchie did an excellent job, again.

Sherlock Holmes - Game Of Shadows

(this was excellent! Enjoyed every minute)

Love both!

Ted

Fucking funny!

Yes it was. I lthought it was great that Sam Jones is in it. I love Flash Gordon.

Very funny!!!

• My Little Pony

A Good Day To Die Hard

A great romantic romp, if your idea of a romantic romp is Bruce Willis driving through Moscow blowing shit up and killing terrorists. Highly recommended.

A Good Day To Die Hard

A great romantic romp, if your idea of a romantic romp is Bruce Willis driving through Moscow blowing shit up and killing terrorists. Highly recommended.

Sweet, LOVE the other 4!!!

A Good Day To Die Hard

Sweet, LOVE the other 4!!!

Why do I not know about any of these movies until I read it here. Had no idea this was even a consideration.

Skyfall ; oh dear - how do people do it? I seriously don't mind sitting through it because my wife likes these films and I'm happy if she's happy. But these movies, in my opinion, are just terrible - mind numbingly terrible. Painfully boring, stupidly predictable in every single scene and even every bit of dialogue. Completely non-existent story at all. Seriously, what are you even left with at the end of it all? Pointless action sequences? Yay! How fun. Excuse me as I fall asleep from a suicidal case of boredom. And need I point out the fact it's about 4 days long too? As if this shit isn't bad enough in an hour and a half format, they extend it for 7 and a half hours? And in this particular movie, it's all moving along at an action packed snail's pace leading to the predictable conclusion, then all of a sudden Bond takes the old lady out to the castle and WHOOSHKA! Lets put the movie on hold for half an hour with some of the most boring, pointless and drawn out scenes we can create, to take all momentum away from whatever action we were trying to bore the audience with. Seriously, was that whole chapter of the film purely designed to drag it out for 3 more hours? Jeez I hate this stuff...

The Impossible ; been so keen to see this one since I saw the preview and I finally did today. Well shot movie, and really quite moving and impossible not to put yourself in the place of the family portrayed in this true story. Based on the 2004 Boxing Day tsunami that destroyed Thailand, this is a great film... very touching in a couple of places, actually. Eyes welled up a little here and there, but it's very good stuff. I always get carried away when I see movies that really impact me, and as a result I spent tonight watching a captivating series on youtube. It's 8 episodes long, each episode 10mins, and is all real footage and stories from the tsunami that devastated Indonesia, Thailand, Sri Lanka etc. It's quite confronting at times, but if you're interested in the whole thing, I do recommend it. It's called 'Tsunami - Caught on Camera':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9DMiy_DVok

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• 2024 HH Donation Drive

Please support Heavy Harmonies! The donations goal is the out-of-pocket expenses to run the main site and this board for calendar year 2024.

26% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
    • Seems these guys are no more   https://sleazeroxx.com/r-i-p-cobrakill-lead-guitarist-randy-white-announces-band-no-longer-exists/
    • I grew up listening to Cuntry, and have kinda wanted to get back into it. But not the typical New Cuntry shit. So I'll give this a try. 
    • I always forget about this band, and then I listen to them and am like, "Oh, yeah, they're good!" And then forget about them for another year. 
    • I was a pretty big fan. Nature Of The Beast is a killer song. Saw them with Dave Gleeson from the Screaming Jets singing and he did an amazing job, but pretty sure they have a new singer now  I recently went through the two most recent albums before this one and there were a couple of ok tracks, but mostly mid. Fun fact: I saw the Angels a couple of years before Doc died at the Middle hotel in Ferntree Gully and they seemed to hate each other. Pretty sure Doc said nothing to the crowd all night. Fun fact 2: when they were building the transit bar in Melbourne, a mate and I found a service elevator that went to the roof, which was under construction. After peeing off the roof, which is always fun, we realised that we could clearly hear the music 5 or 6 floors below from a DJ I think. He was playing Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again. We started yelling down the No Way Get Fucked, Fuck Off bit thinking we were hilarious. Then soon we noticed people looking up, and for some reason they seemed to be clearly hearing us. Another mate then called us to tell us security were on the way up the stairs so we took the service elevator down and managed to laugh it off. Stoopid drunk story I guess, but fun days.
    • Cheeky, getting your artwork in there. I wonder how you did that.  I like the vocal track on #1 and that'd be my pick. I personally don't dig the female versions of songs, because I'm not a female (yet?) and as these are songs written by ourselves I personally feel the best interpretation is an AI dude voice taking the place of your dude voice. 
    • Yeah, that's great but this is obviously an accomplished musician probably completely in control of this output... not done with Suno, I'd bet. There's definitely dudes out there who are perfectly capable of doing their own music, like this dude, but for whatever reason might not be able to put a project together, again, for whatever reason... but this definitely feels a lot more like AI feeling in the missing gaps for someone otherwise in complete control of what he wants.  Either way, it is very cool indeed.  As Darkstone says, I'm not sure paying is the way to get the best results. I'm also not saying it isn't, especially with other platforms that are not Suno. I think already knowing what you're doing, musically, is the best way to get best results, personally. Suno, for example, is just perfect for someone who might enjoy writing lyrics but is not in any way shape or form an accomplished (or even adequate, lol) musician.  But yeah, it's pretty cool for some fun. I'm not sure if you checked out my links above. Keeping them pretty quiet due to lyrical content, lol, but you might dig some of the stuff in my links. 'As the moment passes by' and 'I'll wait for you' are two of my personal faves. Along with 'Faith to fall.'
    • Yeah, musically it's what you want, but vocally... Maybe Alex should take some vocal lessons from Ken Tamplin. ;}
    • Your Eyes - Darkstone (2024) Two versions of my song number 6     https://suno.com/song/e8c1e85b-21ee-4d35-a64b-e786f00944d2   https://suno.com/song/9144c77a-bd7c-49c1-9508-f724d0832fdb
    • Yep, although I was never a massive fan.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.