Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

'The Vow' ; truth is stranger than fiction, hey? Not an amazing film or anything truly moving, but a nice story and crazy to think it be based on true events. The film centres around a recently married couple involved in a car accident and she loses all memory of their relationship and time together. She remembers friends and family from before her husband, but nothing since. One must think what you'd do if this scenario happened to you. Intriguing. Yeah, cool enough film - I liked it.

'Hanna' ; hated this. I'd heard so many good reviews of this, but couldn't stand it. Shitty action movie about a father figure training his daughter figure as an assassin to murder the woman who killer their mother figure. Messy, shitty chase movie through Morocco, Spain etc. In short, it was just painful to watch garbage, even if it held parts of my interest for a decent length of time... just because I was trying to figure it out, and why I was watching it. :lol: Avoid.

"It Came From Beneath the Sea" (1955)

A giant octopus, disturbed by undersea H-Bomb testing, rises from the depths and attacks San Francisco. Fortunately the U.S. Navy is prepared with giant nets and explosive torpedoes!!

Charming retro 50s cheapie fun featuring cool stop motion creature effects by the great Ray Harryhausen.

'Retreat' ; pretty decent English film about a couple who retreat to a remote island somewhere in England (I assume) to reconnect, I assume. Whilst out there a stranger turns up and tells them (surprise surprise) that there is a worldwide disease that has murdered the whole world and that the 3 of them must stay locked in the house on the island to survive. The end end result is satisfactory and it's a pretty decent film. Seriously, though, every single English movie I see is on this deadly virus subject matter. Don't know who's fault it is, but literally every one is.

"Phantoms" (1998)

Fun, schlocky sci-fi/horror based on the Dean Koontz novel, in which a pair of sisters and a sheriff battle some kinda huge ancient Lovecraftian evil thing that's taken up residence under their small Colorado town.

"Phantoms" (1998)

[media=]

[/media]

Fun, schlocky sci-fi/horror based on the Dean Koontz novel, in which a pair of sisters and a sheriff battle some kinda huge ancient Lovecraftian evil thing that's taken up residence under their small Colorado town.

I saw that one in the theater when it was released and it wasn't bad but not great either.

"Phantoms" (1998)

[media=]

[/media]

I saw that one in the theater when it was released and it wasn't bad but not great either.

It's one of Koontz's better books (from what little I remember of it anyway; I read it years ago) but the movie is average at best. At least Rose McGowan's in it. She's hot. :lol:

Koontz's stuff has never really translated to movies very well (ever seen "Hideaway" with Jeff Goldblum? Yuck!). Even tho ol' Dean wrote the screenplay for "Phantoms" himself, the movie was probably doomed cuz the studio handed it to a director whose lone previous credit was "Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers" (aka "The Totally Shitty 6th Halloween Movie") ... which is kinda like taking expensive Prime Rib and making hot dogs out of it...

So at least the director didn't totally f*ck it up, but he certainly didn't hit it outta the park either.

"Dr. Strangelove, or How I Learned To Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb" (1964)

An insane U.S. general directs his bombers to attack the Soviet Union in Stanley Kubrick's cold-war black comedy, and the U.S. president (Peter Sellers, in one of three roles) and his generals have to figure out how to stop Doomsday before it's too late.

As usual for Kubrick, it's weird and quirky on purpose but a fun watch. Sellers is great, as is George C. Scott as a Commie-hatin' general and Slim Pickens as a redneck pilot.

Tesla's video for "Modern Day Cowboy" uses a ton of clips from this movie!!

SAFE HOUSE (2012)

Denzel's movie is always entertaining and this one is one of his good movies although I've seen lots of better movies. Nice thriller with some actions, but lack of clever plots.

Super 8

The evil brother of E.T. :)

Good film, I enjoyed that one.

Fell asleep watching The Incredible Hulk last night. Seemed pretty good, better than The Hulk with Eric Bana, but tiredness got the better of me.

"The Fantastic Four" (1994)

[media=]

[/media]

Roger Corman's ultra-cheap film version of the Marvel Comics series follows Reed, Johnny, Ben and Sue as they gain their super powers during a failed space mission, then battle the evil Doctor Doom and a subterranean supervillain known as "The Jeweler."

This flick was made on a shoestring budget and then was shelved permanently, merely so that the producers could maintain their film rights to the property. It's never been officially released and I've been wanting to see it for years, but I never had the chance till some lovely person uploaded the whole movie to YouTube. (God, I love the Internet...) It's pretty awful, but loads of fun in a Saturday morning cartoon sort of way. The Thing looks like a gorilla with a bad skin condition!!

Worth a look as long as you think of it as an elaborate "fan film" and don't even try to compare it to the mega budget FF movies from the '00s.