Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

Watched a cheap piece of '80s sci-fi crap called "The Vindicator" last night. A scientist gets killed in a lab accident and his crooked boss puts his brain into a super strong mechanical body. Naturally things go horribly wrong, Mechanical Guy goes nuts and escapes from the lab, lotsa stuff blows up, Evil Scientist Guy hires a commando team led by Pam Grier (!) to hunt Mechanical Guy down, yadda yadda yadda. It was sorta like what "RoboCop" might've looked like if it were written by a 4th grader.

Watched a cheap piece of '80s sci-fi crap called "The Vindicator" last night. A scientist gets killed in a lab accident and his crooked boss puts his brain into a super strong mechanical body. Naturally things go horribly wrong, Mechanical Guy goes nuts and escapes from the lab, lotsa stuff blows up, Evil Scientist Guy hires a commando team led by Pam Grier (!) to hunt Mechanical Guy down, yadda yadda yadda. It was sorta like what "RoboCop" might've looked like if it were written by a 4th grader.

PAM GRIER :wub:

Don't go renting this one just for Pam's sake. She didn't even look as hot as she usually does and she's only in the movie for a short bit. Plus, she's supposed to be this super-duper commando killer but her character goes out like a BITCH. :angry:

Don't go renting this one just for Pam's sake. She didn't even look as hot as she usually does and she's only in the movie for a short bit. Plus, she's supposed to be this super-duper commando killer but her character goes out like a BITCH. :angry:

You really love those $1.00 supermarket movies, don't you?? :popcorn:

You really love those $1.00 supermarket movies, don't you?? :popcorn:

Thankfully "The Vindicator" didn't cost me nuthin' -- it was on the Fox Movie Channel in the middle of the night so I recorded it... and I will soon be erasing it!! :lol:

'Knowing' ; I kind of liked it, but the sci-fi ending (I HATE sci-fi) kind of turned me off a little bit. The actual movie itself was pretty cool, I guess, but still not sure exactly what I thought of it.

EDIT: Wow, WTF?! I just read this was filmed in Melbourne!!!

'Knowing' ; I kind of liked it, but the sci-fi ending (I HATE sci-fi) kind of turned me off a little bit. The actual movie itself was pretty cool, I guess, but still not sure exactly what I thought of it.

EDIT: Wow, WTF?! I just read this was filmed in Melbourne!!!

I really like Sci-Fi but the ending just ruined the movie for me.

"The Black Hole" - a childhood favorite. The story is kinda goofy nowadays but the sets and special FX still hold up surprisingly well for a 30 year old movie. And ya gotta love that evil robot "Maximilian!"

'My Bloody Valentine' ; wow, this was pretty awesome. Possibly the best slasher/horror flick of this type I've seen in a long, long time. Great amounts of carnage with little f*cking around - I was amazed when it just started and got straight into it. Sexy girl in a huge full frontal nudity scene, which I haven't seen for ages... everything just fell into place. SPOILER ALERT: the only one small issue I had with the movie - and honestly it wasn't so bad in the end - was the modern twist with the killer being one of them, rather than just a simple resurrection of the original creep. But it was done well enough that it was actually pretty cool, and totally unpredictable because they trick you early on. Either way, great film for horror/slasher fans.

'My Bloody Valentine' ; wow, this was pretty awesome. Possibly the best slasher/horror flick of this type I've seen in a long, long time. Great amounts of carnage with little f*cking around - I was amazed when it just started and got straight into it. Sexy girl in a huge full frontal nudity scene, which I haven't seen for ages... everything just fell into place. SPOILER ALERT: the only one small issue I had with the movie - and honestly it wasn't so bad in the end - was the modern twist with the killer being one of them, rather than just a simple resurrection of the original creep. But it was done well enough that it was actually pretty cool, and totally unpredictable because they trick you early on. Either way, great film for horror/slasher fans.

Was it the original or the remake? :unsure:

Oh, definitely the remake. Didn't realise this one was a remake. :lol:

Just read up on wikipedia and I'd like to see the original, I think. Just for interest's sake. Is it terrible?

OK. I haven't seen this version yet, but the original (1981) is one of fave slashers. Watch it if you can. But I guess there isn't any full frontal nudity in that one, just nice killings and cool atmosphere. :tumbsup:

OK. I haven't seen this version yet, but the original (1981) is one of fave slashers. Watch it if you can. But I guess there isn't any full frontal nudity in that one, just nice killings and cool atmosphere. :tumbsup:

Yeah, I'll definitely try to check it out... I'm 99% sure my brother will have it. :)