The Game you love to hate! Guess Dan's Top 5 of 2023

Ok, my top 5 finally in place, so...

It's time once again for folks to guess my top 5 albums of 2023 and then make fun of me for such ludicrous choices 

The contest goes like this:

1. Someone posts their guess in 1,2,3,4,5 order.

2. I reply saying how many of the 5 guessed albums are correct, and also how many are in correct spots (without stating explicitly WHICH ones are correct or in correct slots).

3. Next person guesses based upon prior guesses and my feedback.

4. Only one attempt per person... until we run out of active members participating.

Let the games commence!

-Dan

5. Mercenary - Soundtrack for the End Times

4. Hugo's Voyage - Inception

3. Streetlight - Ignition

2. The Defiants - Drive

1. Delain - Dark Waters

1. The Defiants - Drive

2. Hugo's Voyage - Inception

3. Temple Balls - Avalanche

4. Creye - III: Weightless

5. Midnite City - In at the Deep End

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, heavyharmonies said:

2 out of 5 correct, both in their correct slots.

I set the table for everyone. Now there’s only 3 left to guess 

Care Of Night - Reconnected

Streetlight - Ignition

The Defiants - Drive

Roxanne - Stereo Typical

ModX - Looking For Closure

I don't think Induction released their album yet...hmmm

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, heavyharmonies said:

To be fair, that isn't an album I heard last year.

To be even more fair, the album is called Secrets, so there's still a chance. ;}

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

To be even more fair, the album is called Secrets, so there's still a chance. ;}

Oops my bad :D

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

You don’t care but somehow you’ll add to your post total-well played 

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, nyoilers said:

You don’t care but somehow you’ll add to your post total-well played 

You're catching on. 

1. Fall Out Boy - So Much (For) Stardust

2. Streetlight - Ignition

3. The Defiants - Drive

4.  Fifth Angel - When Angels Kill

5.  Roadwolf - Midnight Lightning

Good attempt, but still stuck on the same 2 out of 5.

The Within Temptation was merely "ok". It wasn't really an album, just a group of singles they'd already released over the last 3 years plus a whole bunch of instrumental versions of songs.... meh.

P.S. Just so people don't think I've gone off the reservation entirely, the 3 remaining albums are IMO solidly within the musical genres of HH.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I mean Harmonic Generator??? This track is dripping with 70s sleazy goodness but legitimately I leave it to the masses and throw myself on the mercy of the court  :-) honestly, I'm just playing around. My whole point on submitting these bands is because I feel like they belong AND that the folks who frequent the site will enjoy them. If they don't/won't then by all means they shouldn't be included.    
    • https://youtu.be/o_DHCL2Q2d0?si=LLyuc4pH--tSFfMZ I don't think you'd ever hear a solo like this in a punk song but obviously this is your site and punk DEFINITELY doesn't belong, I just really don't see The Datsuns as a punk band but if that's where you think they fall then I withdraw my submission. 
    • Maybe because their singer has a snotty voice and some of their songs are fast but they're definitely more of a sleaze glam revival band. I mean The Donnas are on the site and they're basically a punk band with big riffs. 
    • Never heard of The Datsuns before but after listening to several songs on YT, I don't hear punk, I hear rock so while I don't think punk should be on the site, The Datsuns sound like they should be here...Maybe my def of punk is dated? I think of bands like the Ramones and Black Flag as punk...
    • Well I guess if you are gonna call The Datsuns punk rock that's a fair call. I mean, you might be the first person to ever refer to them as punk, but fair enough if that is your opinion.
    • Out of Time-REM
    • Hi. This is Peter from VICE. We are actually starting rehearsals for a 40th Anniversary show that is pencilled in for early August 2024 in Brisbane. All the comments have been thoroughly enjoyable to read. If you head over to Bandcamp  https://warnsha.bandcamp.com  you will find a whole catalogue of stuff. Thank you
    • Time Stood Still - 4 Sale.  Not the Stephen Lee band
    • Punk should 100%, absolutely NOT be added to HH. That's just my opinion. 
    • Ok, I just took a watch and listen to "The Datsuns" for the first time, as they are a band that was completely unfamiliar to me... and after that... I know why I never heard them before. This is neither hard rock nor sleaze glam to me... it's straight up punk rock IMO. Both musically and their imagery. Now if people feel that punk rock as a genre should be added to HH, I'm willing to listen, but with respect to current genre limitations, I don't feel it at all. I'd like to get input from a more broad cross section of regular HH members.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.