Ronnie Atkins - Trinity

Stefan

• 3 weeks later...

New video for 'Trinity'.

From Frontiers:

Famed Danish hard rock singer/songwriter Ronnie Atkins (of Pretty Maids) announces the upcoming release of his third full length studio album aptly entitled, “Trinity”.

Since Ronnie was diagnosed with stage four lung cancer in 2019, he has not lost a second of his precious time which was spent composing and recording two very successful releases “Make it Count” and the debut “One Shot”, both very much acclaimed by critics and fans alike. He has also recently resumed live shows in Europe with his own band and with the Avantasia project all over the world. Later this year he plans to hit the road again in support of the new album.

“I guess I have a different perspective on life these days than I had 4 years ago and I embrace everyday with all that goes with it,” says Ronnie. “Let me add to this that working which in my case is writing songs and performing on stage is what keeps me going I guess. I like to focus on the positive aspects of life and indulge myself in things that I really wanna do by heart.”

“I think the album might have turned out a bit heavier than the previous ones, since most of the songs were written on guitar this time, but above all it’s still very melodic,” continues Atkins. “Lyrically it’s pretty much about what’s going on in the world today and that’s what inspires me. A lot of the songs are pretty personal too and I’m trying to squeeze in a bit of optimism into it as well.”
A winning team should not be changed, so once again the album was produced by Chris Laney with Jacob Hansen taking care of the mix and the mastering. 

'To me a good song is a good hook/topline and that’s pretty much what paves the way for the end result,” concludes Ronnie Atkins, explaining “it’s a damn good solid melodic hard rock album. I’m very happy about the final result. I hope the fans will embrace the new album and that I’ll be able to take these songs on the road. That’s my plan!”
Since the start of his rock‘n roll journey with Pretty Maids, Ronnie Atkins has consistently gifted fans with quality, melodic rock and “Trinity” delivers again in spades!

Tracklisting:
1. Trinity
2. Ode To A Madman
3. Paper Tiger
4. Soul Divine
5. Via Dolorosa
6. Godless
7. Shine
8. If You Can Dream It
9. Sister Sinister
10. Raining Fire
11. The Unwanted
12. What If

Line-up:
Ronnie Atkins- Lead and Backing vocals.
Chris Laney- Guitars and Keyboards
Pontus Egberg- Bass
Allan Sörensen- Drums
Linnéa Vikström- Backing Vocals

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 1

• My Little Pony

Nice. I am not upset at the notion of this album taking a heavier direction. I'm just happy this guy's still with us. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah good news. The new song is extremely "familiar," shall we say, but looking forward to a new album of undoubtedly strong material. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/12/2023 at 12:01 PM, gener8tr said:

That's a great song.  Perhaps a bit cliche with the lyrics, but it sounds fantastic.

Agree!  Little cliche but dig  the vibe of it.

Reminds me a bit of Face the World.

I do wish Pretty Maids would get back together for an album but happy that Ronnie is still putting material out.

Yeah, I was wondering that the other day… is Pretty Maids still an active consideration for the chaps anymore? The solo stuff is generally nice, but it is not Pretty Maids. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Geoff said:

Yeah, I was wondering that the other day… is Pretty Maids still an active consideration for the chaps anymore? The solo stuff is generally nice, but it is not Pretty Maids. 

Really doesn't seem like they want to be active.  Clearly Ronnie has a lot of music he's wanted to get out and doesn't seem like Pretty Maids as a group was interested.

Too bad as I feel like they had done some of their best stuff with their last album.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, lettard said:

Got this today...first spin through and its ok so far...nothing mindbending and not as good as his debut solo effort...more time needed though.

Planning to check it out.

Listened to samples and it sounds like it might be a bit heavier than his previous solo albums with a few songs at least.

Gave this a listen....And honestly not much here grabbing me.

It's definitely heavier than his other solo releases but doesn't songs don't have the catchiness of those other albums IMO.

For me, If You Can Dream It is easily my favorite song here probably followed by Soul Divine and Sister Sinister.

Edited by tts42572
  • Like 1

Sounding better the more I listen...still not as good (for me) as previous output but still good to my ears...favs for me are "Paper Tiger" , " Soul Divine" & "Sister Sinister"

Yeah, I hate to say it but it's not doing much for me either. I agree that 'If You Can Dream It' is easily the stand out track, for me. Nice, melodic and catchy. 'Shine' and 'Paper Tiger' would be my next favourites. Overall, though, it's all just okay to me.

Sure wouldn't mind hearing some new Pretty Maids at this point in time... 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2023 at 12:56 PM, Geoff said:

Sure wouldn't mind hearing some new Pretty Maids at this point in time... 

I see they are slated to play at the Sweden Time To Rock Festival on 5th-8th July 2024 so they are back..to play live once at least...maybe new material after that :) be nice if that happens.

Edited by lettard
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, lettard said:

I see they are slated to play at the Sweden Time To Rock Festival on 5th-8th July 2024 so they are back..to play live once at least...maybe new material after that :) be nice if that happens.

I remember seeing an interview with Ronnie somewhere within the past couple months where he hinted that Pretty Maids was working on things and might be getting back together for some shows.  He basically said that him and Ken had to work through some things to get the ship righted and that he'd like to tour as they never really had a chance to play songs from the last album live all that much. 

Good to see that's happened. 

Hopefully they get in a good number of shows and fingers crossed for some new material from the band. 

• Like 1

Very good. That's great news. It's weird and ironic, but for many years as a PM fan, I always wanted to hear more of the melodic songs from them. Now that we've had an abundance from Ronnie's solo albums (granted, to be fair, not really on par with PM's better songs), I just want to hear proper PM again. 

Was there ever a falling out between Ronnie and Ken, or was it just another thing the magnificent world reaction to covid ruined? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Very good. That's great news. It's weird and ironic, but for many years as a PM fan, I always wanted to hear more of the melodic songs from them. Now that we've had an abundance from Ronnie's solo albums (granted, to be fair, not really on par with PM's better songs), I just want to hear proper PM again. 

Was there ever a falling out between Ronnie and Ken, or was it just another thing the magnificent world reaction to covid ruined? 

LOL...I always said the same thing....Just wanted a bunch of more melodic tunes.  But I miss the heavy and melodic that Pretty Maids was able to mix so well.

I think there was some sort of falling out from what I gathered in the interview I saw with Ronnie.  He didn't say what it was about but did mention there were differences between him and Ken that needed to be worked out.  I think Ronnie said something like his health, Covid and differences with Ken all played a part in the time off.

Either way, hope they're able to get back at it over the next year or two, play some shows and record some music.  I know I'm in the minority, but for me their album Undress Your Madness is my favorite of theirs and still play it often.  Just a good mix of slightly heavier and more melodic stuff on that album IMO.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Kristian said:

Pandemonium is my favorite record by them.

How many bands in our genre of music has outdone their eighties/early nineties albums?

Pretty much none other, but Treat are pretty close too I reckon. There must be others but I can't think of them off the top of my head.