Alice Cooper - Road

Stefan

While I didn't dislike the "modern" sound Alice adopted from Brutal planet onwards, I love the fact that for the last few albums he went back to his classic sound, amalgamating his 70s and 80s sound. Still sounds great.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just watching the blu ray of the 2022 Hellfest set that came with the CD. It's crazy how this guy is 75 (74 at the time of the concert) yet still sounds exactly how he always has, and still has a great stage presence.

I have seen him live in 2002, 2012 & 2015 and he has always been a fantastic performer, but shows no signs of slowing down.

And he knows how to surround himself with fantastic musicians as well.

• Like 1

Crackin' album...for me you'd be hard pressed to find a release this year that rolls off those first 9 tracks from the start...and the others arn't too shabby either...gonna watch the blu ray myself later after the boxing Captain :drink2:

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

Just watching the blu ray of the 2022 Hellfest set that came with the CD. It's crazy how this guy is 75 (74 at the time of the concert) yet still sounds exactly how he always has, and still has a great stage presence.

I have seen him live in 2002, 2012 & 2015 and he has always been a fantastic performer, but shows no signs of slowing down.

And he knows how to surround himself with fantastic musicians as well.

Yup. I never miss him when he comes to town. It's pretty much the same show every time, but it's so good. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Not the reaction I was expecting in this thread, but I guess all y’all probably dig his full discography. As someone only interested in two of his albums, this one is a bit of a horror show for me, personally. Maybe about on par with my thoughts on new King Kobra album. 😬

• 2023 Gold Donors
On 10/31/2023 at 8:05 PM, Geoff said:

Not the reaction I was expecting in this thread, but I guess all y’all probably dig his full discography. As someone only interested in two of his albums, this one is a bit of a horror show for me, personally. Maybe about on par with my thoughts on new King Kobra album. 😬

While I’m a huge Alice fan this is definitely a poor release ( King Kobra is better ).  The Who remake, his own remake of Road Rats and the first song are bad and pointless. The band might do a great job playing live but should not be allowed to help write any new songs.

• Haha 1