H.E.A.T. - Will You Be (New Single)

Mr.AOR

Like that...so will Extra Force be an a cd of leftovers/unused material from the last one?

Never mind...just read this...

Following hymns of praise for their 2022 album “Force Majeure”, H.E.A.T promise to deliver more of the same energy in 2023. It was the band’s idea to celebrate the bond to their loyal fans and to create a strictly limited collector’s item: “Extra Force” is set to be released on September 1st, and includes a collection of new studio tracks, unreleased live recordings, and H.E.A.T classics previously sung by Erik Grönwall, now for the first time with original singer Kenny Leckremo on vocals! The specially priced LP comes as limited CD Digipak and limited 1LP Black Vinyl. “Extra Force” is a must-have addition to any H.E.A.T fan’s collection!

Edited by lettard

1 hour ago, Kristian said:

Oh Yes! Sounds like old school H.E.A.T, absolutely love it :-)

It does sound like a song that could've been on their first 2 albums...but that's not great for me as I didn't much care for those albums.  

It's okay though and sounds way better than Feeedom.

I see they also have a semi-new album coming out that has these songs and a bunch of live songs.  Can't say I have much desire to hear Kenny doing Erik's songs live though when Erik did them better.

21 minutes ago, lettard said:

Like that...so will Extra Force be an a cd of leftovers/unused material from the last one?

Never mind...just read this...

Following hymns of praise for their 2022 album “Force Majeure”, H.E.A.T promise to deliver more of the same energy in 2023. It was the band’s idea to celebrate the bond to their loyal fans and to create a strictly limited collector’s item: “Extra Force” is set to be released on September 1st, and includes a collection of new studio tracks, unreleased live recordings, and H.E.A.T classics previously sung by Erik Grönwall, now for the first time with original singer Kenny Leckremo on vocals! The specially priced LP comes as limited CD Digipak and limited 1LP Black Vinyl. “Extra Force” is a must-have addition to any H.E.A.T fan’s collection!

Tracks:

1. Freedom
2. Will You Be
3. Rise (with Kenny)
4. One By One (with Kenny)
5. Rock Your Body (Live)
6. One By One (Live)
7. Dangerous Ground (Live)
8. Back To The Rhythm (Live)
9. Nationwide (Live)
10. Living On The Run (Live)

Kenny era is awesome 

Erik era is awesome

Kenny trying to recreate Erik era has not been good at all for me. 

I much prefer the last two tracks with Kenny sounding like the first two albums than last year’s release that did nothing for me. 

50 minutes ago, lettard said:

and H.E.A.T classics previously sung by Erik Grönwall, now for the first time with original singer Kenny Leckremo on vocals!

Not being a particular fan of early H.E.A.T. this does not sound like a good idea.

• Like 1

Love this song. Stretching out two new songs into a 10 track album seems a bit silly, though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Love this song. Stretching out two new songs into a 10 track album seems a bit silly, though. 

Well I would hope that "specially priced" means "fucking cheap" :lol:

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So decided to order this even though I still have not bought Force Majeure, mainly because of the price.

I must admit I wasn't exactly blown away with HEAT II, even with Erik being on it and I think that was because they were attempting to recapture the sound of the first two albums, which I really don't care for. I will only get the last album when I can find it cheaper. This one though is pretty "meh" though. I don't hate Kennys vox but they are so generic compared to Erik.

Most of the songs they re-recorded and the live tracks are from HEAT II so that goes against it too for me.

Overall only really bought it for collectors sake.

• Like 1

Gave it a brief listen.  The original Kenny songs ate okay and the live versions of songs he did are fine.  

But for me, the Erik songs he tries to do just doesn't work.  Erik did them better....just leave those alone.

I saw they're coming out with reworked 2023 versions of the first 2 albums.  I think that'll be more interesting to me than this.  I'd like to hear those first two albums with a puncher, more modern production.  I wonder if Kenny will redo his vocals on those albums?  I think he sings with more power now than he did then.  They'll probably just end up being pure remasters though.

1 hour ago, tts42572 said:

Gave it a brief listen.  The original Kenny songs ate okay and the live versions of songs he did are fine.  

But for me, the Erik songs he tries to do just doesn't work.  Erik did them better....just leave those alone.

I saw they're coming out with reworked 2023 versions of the first 2 albums.  I think that'll be more interesting to me than this.  I'd like to hear those first two albums with a puncher, more modern production.  I wonder if Kenny will redo his vocals on those albums?  I think he sings with more power now than he did then.  They'll probably just end up being pure remasters though.

Unless they no longer have the rights to those albums, I really do not see the point of reworking them. I get it when bands are signed to bigger labels and the label owns the rights to them, but I don't see how this benefits anyone with a band like H.E.A.T.

I have no issue with bands regaining the rights to their material this way, but just re-recording for the sake of it ... nah.

I also understand why a band might re-record stuff with a different singer (although as you say, the re-records on this do not work).

Remaster by all means if you think it will improve the sound, but even that can actually end up with a worse version than the original if not done properly.

Just touching on a couple of the recent comments. 

I also really don't understand redoing Erik's songs with Kenny's vocals. Doesn't make sense to me at all. Yes, they sound good (to me) because they're excellent songs and I like Kenny's voice. But Erik Gronwall is one of the best, or even arguably the best voice in hard rock at this moment in time. So why anyone thinks there's any need to re-do those songs, I don't understand. Obviously Kenny will do them live, and that's cool... but I don't understand the need for re-recorded studio versions and don't think it really aids anyone, to be honest. 

As for re-recording the first two albums; I would absolutely love to hear that. For many bands this is a bad idea, but in HEAT's case, those first two albums are a far cry from what HEAT have evolved into. And don't get me wrong, I love the albums as they are. But I'd also be lying if I said I wouldn't love to hear them featuring their current beefy, heavier sound and a big thick production job. I think those albums redone could be a killer idea. Hope it happens, but guess we'll see... 

• Like 1