If I haven't put words in a thread it just means I haven't go to it yet, but yeah, this is cool. I'd be interested to hear the album. Solid "old school" sound. 

What is a rockit fly?

Just checked out their webstore and it is the same one used by Gunshine. Square site.

When I enter my address to see how much the postage is (and yeah I know its gonna be more than the CD itself), it does exactly the same as the Gunshine store and says there is a problem with the address. Considering it is auto filled when you start typing your address there is either a bug with the site or they don't do international shipping.

So guess that is another album I won't be able to buy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Just checked out their webstore and it is the same one used by Gunshine. Square site.

When I enter my address to see how much the postage is (and yeah I know its gonna be more than the CD itself), it does exactly the same as the Gunshine store and says there is a problem with the address. Considering it is auto filled when you start typing your address there is either a bug with the site or they don't do international shipping.

So guess that is another album I won't be able to buy.

Same here, I had to contact Gunshine and buy from them direct...the £12 cd cost £38  :( great disc though

9 minutes ago, lettard said:

Same here, I had to contact Gunshine and buy from them direct...the £12 cd cost £38  :( great disc though

That is ridiculous. I would expect to pay about £25 or so from the USA these days, £38 is a joke. What did they do, send it by golden eagle surrounded by angels?

• My Little Pony

Yeah, I'm not fully corked. I'm kinda getting tired of this style of vocals. The drummer's got a great sound, though. I'll def check out the full album. 

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, Darkstone said:

:(

I'd love to give it a listen, but sadly, I wasn't invited to.

I've never felt so betrayed. 

You're not missing out. I listened to the other song they have on the Spotifies... it was pretty bad. 

• 2023 Gold Donors
25 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

You're not missing out. I listened to the other song they have on the Spotifies... it was pretty bad. 

I thought as much, considering the source.  ;)

It's just nice to be included.  

:crying:

;) ;)

Edited by Darkstone
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

That is ridiculous. I would expect to pay about £25 or so from the USA these days, £38 is a joke. What did they do, send it by golden eagle surrounded by angels?

Yeah it was ridiculous, I used birthday money I received for me 50th :) it just came in a plain bubble envelope...signed though...it was $40 dollars all in direct from the band... had to paypal em :( 

I see one for sale on ebay atm..its £33..plus £12.50 postage...then you'll get hit with an import charge before you get it...unreal...our hobby is being priced out slowly but surely  :(

43 minutes ago, lettard said:

Yeah it was ridiculous, I used birthday money I received for me 50th :) it just came in a plain bubble envelope...signed though...it was $40 dollars all in direct from the band... had to paypal em :( 

I see one for sale on ebay atm..its £33..plus £12.50 postage...then you'll get hit with an import charge before you get it...unreal...our hobby is being priced out slowly but surely  :(

Earlier this year I bought the Mother Rockers CD direct from the band who are in Canada.

For CD and postage they charged me $20 cad. Thats just over £12.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2022 at 5:15 PM, Captain Howdy said:

Earlier this year I bought the Mother Rockers CD direct from the band who are in Canada.

For CD and postage they charged me $20 cad. Thats just over £12.

Thats more like it :drink:

2 hours ago, lettard said:

Thats more like it :drink:

I am really not sure how the US postal system works as it is totally different to what we are used to in the UK, but their pricing seems to be all over the place depending on who you order from. I expect that a big company like Amazon gets a reduction in charges so can offer cheaper postage, but I ordered a blu ray from a market place seller on the US siter early last year and the postage was only $5.39 and charged $4 import fee. I know a lot of market place sellers don't ship outside the US on the American site as I think Amazon caps what they can charge in postage, which makes them actually lose out on postage.

That said, a friend in the US picked up a blu ray for me from Walmart (I think it was) as it was exclusive to them and they don't ship internationally, and she said postage for something that size and weight was around $12 and did not charge import fees.

If one person can send something a bit bigger than a CD for $12 I do not understand why some people charge $20 to $25. Maybe they are restricted with what services they can use.

And how can someone from Canada send something for a fraction of that price?