Heaven's Edge premiered a new song during their last show!

SunsetHoliday

• 2023 Gold Donors

Yesterday I went to see Skid Row and Warrant during their Live to Rock Tour with Firehouse and Heaven's Edge supporting, and I had a great time!  I could go on about the entire show but I want to spread the word about Heaven's Edge because one, they rocked the opening spot and two, are gearing up for a new album sometime early next year.

Near the end of their set Mark talked about recording their new album over the summer and introduced this song as a potential first single.  This isn't my video, so thanks to the guy who filmed and uploaded it!  It's called Had Enough, check it out:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Heard a new Heaven's Edge song called What Could've Been on a Philly radio station tonight.  I think they played another song too called Had Enough which was mentioned above but I missed that one.  

It's a mid-tempo type song.  I wasn't quite sure what to expect from these guys but hearing this song has my interest peaked as it sounded very good to me.

I think the new album is out in May so I'd expect an official single dropping soon.  Had Enough will probably be the first single I'd guess.

• Like 1

Wow, that just blows my mind that you could hear a new Heaven's Edge song on a radio station in 2022, local band or not. Mind blowing. 

I recently heard interviews with Mark Evans and Reggie Wu (separately) on the Hard Rock / Metal Podcast channel on youtube. They were dated... maybe as far back as one pre-pandemic and the other just as things were opening up again. I have a shit memory, but both dudes sort of made the point that HE was kind of a weekend band, and that all the guys had jobs and families, but that they loved playing shows on weekends and stuff. I also got the indication from either one, or both of them, that if there were any new recordings that it would be in the style of the debut that they're best known for. 

Again, my memory is so shit, but the details on 'Some other place some other time' were interesting too. I always assumed that was a fully recorded second album, but I believe it is actually only an EP recorded for the label, and the other tunes are just demos from the debut era. 

I'd love to hear an album of new material in the style of the debut, but also, if they had a few minutes to spare, I'd love to hear 'Some other place some other time' re-recorded with a sharp 2022 production.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Geoff said:

Wow, that just blows my mind that you could hear a new Heaven's Edge song on a radio station in 2022, local band or not. Mind blowing. 

I recently heard interviews with Mark Evans and Reggie Wu (separately) on the Hard Rock / Metal Podcast channel on youtube. They were dated... maybe as far back as one pre-pandemic and the other just as things were opening up again. I have a shit memory, but both dudes sort of made the point that HE was kind of a weekend band, and that all the guys had jobs and families, but that they loved playing shows on weekends and stuff. I also got the indication from either one, or both of them, that if there were any new recordings that it would be in the style of the debut that they're best known for. 

Again, my memory is so shit, but the details on 'Some other place some other time' were interesting too. I always assumed that was a fully recorded second album, but I believe it is actually only an EP recorded for the label, and the other tunes are just demos from the debut era. 

I'd love to hear an album of new material in the style of the debut, but also, if they had a few minutes to spare, I'd love to hear 'Some other place some other time' re-recorded with a sharp 2022 production.   

Yeah, agree on the radio thing....pretty surprising to hear a band like them on radio at this point under any circumstances.  I think they had some long relationship with the DJ from the sounds of it.

New tune sounded like Heaven's Edge to me with maybe a current flavor to it in a Defiants sort of way.

I think you're right on that Some Other Place.  I feel like it was mostly just demos and leftovers from what I remember and wasn't really "new" music.  I'd think it would make some sense to revisit that album at some point and maybe re-record and update the production on those songs.  

Either way, I kind of have fingers crossed for this new album and hoping it's good and that it doesn't turn out to be like Roxy's Blue's comeback album or something lol.  I got the chance to chat with Mark Evans a bit when I was on the 2020 Monsters of Rock Cruise and he really was a super-nice guy.  I asked him then if we could ever expect a new album from Heaven's Edge and he said they were talking about it, had some songs written and were hoping to make it happen.  So it's nice to see it coming to fruition.

I think the station that played the song last night might be playing another tonight between 8 and 9 eastern so might try to catch it.

Jacky Bam Bam (Rena)  is the WMMR DJ who plays local Philly/NJ bands sometimes. He was in Scarlet Fever back in the day. He is also promoting a upcoming Heaven's Edge show in Philly. They play a couple times a year in the area and really draw a  crowd and still but on a great show.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Yeah, agree on the radio thing....pretty surprising to hear a band like them on radio at this point under any circumstances.  I think they had some long relationship with the DJ from the sounds of it.

New tune sounded like Heaven's Edge to me with maybe a current flavor to it in a Defiants sort of way.

I think you're right on that Some Other Place.  I feel like it was mostly just demos and leftovers from what I remember and wasn't really "new" music.  I'd think it would make some sense to revisit that album at some point and maybe re-record and update the production on those songs.  

Either way, I kind of have fingers crossed for this new album and hoping it's good and that it doesn't turn out to be like Roxy's Blue's comeback album or something lol.  I got the chance to chat with Mark Evans a bit when I was on the 2020 Monsters of Rock Cruise and he really was a super-nice guy.  I asked him then if we could ever expect a new album from Heaven's Edge and he said they were talking about it, had some songs written and were hoping to make it happen.  So it's nice to see it coming to fruition.

I think the station that played the song last night might be playing another tonight between 8 and 9 eastern so might try to catch it.

You must have chatted with Evans around the same time as the interview I heard, I reckon. Yeah, both guys sounded like nice, humble and down-to-earth chaps. I strongly share your desire for new material and for some reason I have a bit of hope that these guys could still put together something strong. 

19 hours ago, Geoff said:

You must have chatted with Evans around the same time as the interview I heard, I reckon. Yeah, both guys sounded like nice, humble and down-to-earth chaps. I strongly share your desire for new material and for some reason I have a bit of hope that these guys could still put together something strong. 

I heard another new song last night...."When The Lights Go Down".  Another big thumbs up from me.

Both tunes I've heard have sort of been mid-tempo type stuff though so will be interesting to hear how some more up tempo stuff sounds. 

Edited by tts42572

13 hours ago, tts42572 said:

I heard another new song last night...."When The Lights Go Down".  Another big thumbs up from me.

Both tunes I've heard have sort of been mid-tempo type stuff though so will be interesting to hear how some more up tempo stuff sounds. 

How's the production on them, out of curiosity? They still have that big, beefy sound? 

14 hours ago, Geoff said:

How's the production on them, out of curiosity? They still have that big, beefy sound? 

Hard to say listening to a radio broadcast through computer speakers.  

Sounded okay and guess I didn't notice it sounding terrible.  

• Like 1

• 7 months later...