First Signal (Harry Hess) new album coming soon

AlphaMale

12 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Or are these just the first Signal backing vocals?

I don't think Pete would be doing backing vocals for an album released 30 years ago. 

I like all 3, but needs to be more like the 1st

2 hours ago, The Rocker said:

I like all 3, but needs to be more like the 1st

Yes. Please get Dennis Ward back on this.

I'll listen to anything Harry sings, but First Signal is one of the few Frontiers projects I legitimately still have respect for so it would be a real gut punch if they throw this one down the shitter too.

Edited by Eric3
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Press release from Daniel Flores:

Hi folks!

It’s that time again! Harry Hess and I have finished the fourth First Signal Band album!!!

Im extremely proud of this record, and it’s just crazy what HARRY delivered on this record, such a treat for his fans, I know because I am one!of course this could not have been done without the help of amazing musicians.

Michael Palace on guitars, Jonny Trobro on Bass and Introducing the amazing Andi Kravljaca on guitars (Yes the singer) who plays on half of the songs along with Palace .Again, all songs were written by the great Alessandro (No sleep) del Vecchio! truly outstanding delivery by Ale! Also, I would love to give a huge thanks to the backing vocalist on the record: Darren James Smith, Steve Newman, Pete Newdeck and Alessandro who contributed amazingly to this record, mixing in perfectly with Harry’s amazing backing vocal arrangements. Still pinching my own arm just to see if I wake up from this AWESOME dream! I’m actually working with one of my childhood heroes and he is still as good as he was when I discovered Harem Scarem band (while I was waiting to see DREAM THEATER, for the first time, perform IMAGES and WORDS live in Stockholm). Good times! The cover will once again be done by Nello Dell’Omo as well as the booklet, for you hard core music lovers! For further info on release date and other details, check Frontiers Music srl facebook page or just go to www.Frontiers.it

Thanks again to Serafino Perugino and Mario de Riso for making this all possible! You guys ROCK!”

• 3 months later...
On 9/14/2021 at 8:36 AM, Stefan said:

Press release from Daniel Flores:

Hi folks!

It’s that time again! Harry Hess and I have finished the fourth First Signal Band album!!!

Im extremely proud of this record, and it’s just crazy what HARRY delivered on this record, such a treat for his fans, I know because I am one!of course this could not have been done without the help of amazing musicians.

Michael Palace on guitars, Jonny Trobro on Bass and Introducing the amazing Andi Kravljaca on guitars (Yes the singer) who plays on half of the songs along with Palace .Again, all songs were written by the great Alessandro (No sleep) del Vecchio! truly outstanding delivery by Ale! Also, I would love to give a huge thanks to the backing vocalist on the record: Darren James Smith, Steve Newman, Pete Newdeck and Alessandro who contributed amazingly to this record, mixing in perfectly with Harry’s amazing backing vocal arrangements. Still pinching my own arm just to see if I wake up from this AWESOME dream! I’m actually working with one of my childhood heroes and he is still as good as he was when I discovered Harem Scarem band (while I was waiting to see DREAM THEATER, for the first time, perform IMAGES and WORDS live in Stockholm). Good times! The cover will once again be done by Nello Dell’Omo as well as the booklet, for you hard core music lovers! For further info on release date and other details, check Frontiers Music srl facebook page or just go to www.Frontiers.it

Thanks again to Serafino Perugino and Mario de Riso for making this all possible! You guys ROCK!”

Tuesday Morning Reaction GIF by The Secret Life Of Pets

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AlphaMale said:

I expect that the album killer will strike again.

Does Frontiers realize ADV doesn't have to write every song for every album??

zero expectation.

4 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

I expect that the album killer will strike again.

Does Frontiers realize ADV doesn't have to write every song for every album??

I really just don't fucking understand!

• 1 month later...

capture-20220203-081059.png

New video for 'Don't Let It End' from the new album.

From Frontiers:

First Signal, a musical union between Canadian vocalist Harry Hess (Harem Scarem) and Swedish drummer/producer Daniel Flores (The Murder Of My Sweet, Find Me), have announced the forthcoming release of their new album, “Closer To The Edge” on April 8, 2022. The new record, their fourth overall, offers up another outstanding collection of songs that continues the fine tradition they've now established over the course of their discography. The first single and video from the album, 'Don't Let It End, is out today. 

Hess is, as always, on fire here and this is another outstanding production job by Flores. As with previous releases, this will be another must hear for fans of the AOR/Melodic Rock genre as, in 2022, it does not get any better than this. Pete Alpenborg (Arctic Rain), Guillermo Del Medio (Inner Stream), Alessandro Del Vecchio, Kristian Fyhr (Seventh Crystal), Herman Nori, and others have contributed their songwriting talents to this latest opus with spectacular results. “Closer to the Edge” is once again a total delight for AOR and melodic rock fans and an easy contender for AOR album of the year.

Started in 2010, First Signal started as a musical partnership between vocalist Harry Hess (Harem Scarem) and German producer Dennis Ward (Pink Cream 69, Khymera). The seeds of this union were planted that same year when Frontiers President and Head of A&R, Serafino Perugino presented Hess some melodic rock songs which had the same vibe and magic as Harem Scarem, whom, at the time, were on a hiatus. The self-titled debut album was greeted with excellent reviews from the Melodic Rock faithful, so even when Harem Scarem rebooted to record an excellent comeback album, “Thirteen”, Hess was still keen to record some more excellent melodic rock songs that he had gathered from various songwriters under the First Signal banner.

So, the idea of another First Signal album continued to float around and with the help of Swedish producer/drummer Daniel Flores now stepping in for Ward, the second record, "One Step Over The Line" (2016), started to take shape. Once again, the inspiration behind the songs were the first two Harem Scarem albums, two absolute Melodic Rock classics, but, as with the debut, some new twists were thrown in the mix with the songs covering everything from AOR to Arena Hard Rock. The album was also greeted with much excitement from the Melodic Rock / AOR fanbase, especially in Europe. With that kind of reception, recording a third album, "Line Of Fire" (2019), was a no-brainer. With songs provided by Stan Meissner, Harry Hess, Henrik Hedström, Lars Edvall, Anderz Wrethov, Andreas Johansson, Carl Dixon, Bruce Turgon, Sören Kronqvist, Morgan Jensen, Hal Marabel, Daniel Palmqvist, Ulrick Lönnqvist, Nigel Bailey, and production duties handled again by Daniel Flores, “Line of Fire” was another awesome slab of great AOR/melodic rock for the 21st century.

And now, in 2022, the band continues the traditions they've established with their previous three releases on the fourth entry into their catalog, "Closer To The Edge".

Tracklist:

1.  Don't Let It End

2.  I Don't Wanna Feel The Night Is Over

3.  Show Me The Way

4.  Don't Look Away

5.  Irreplaceable

6.  One More Time

7.  Closer To The Edge

8.  Angel With A Rose

9.  Mystery

10. The Hurting One

11. Got To Believe