Religion

AlphaMale

16 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

Brain fart on my part. I meant George Soros... another billionaire with not enough to do with his monies.

I'd like to see all billionaires banned from media ownership and influence....of course some have built their own media empires from scratch but they could be forced by law to have a hands off approach to the media content....

On 6/11/2021 at 12:10 AM, auslander said:

Tell me about it, but the same was true when Bush was in power. Our Aussie media is so biased against the American Republican party, and they fawn over Democrats. It is sickening. But at least there is no "it's the end of the world" hysteria about the US president anymore. They have the pandemic to keep us in fear and under control now anyway. Should be good to keep us afraid for at least 2 more years then they can go back to rising oceans etc. or something else new or recycled, peak oil or nuclear war or old school - God's judgement ha!

I quit listening to the news early/mid last year and it was the best decision I ever made. Every snippet I ever hear these days is still drilling fear into us about the pandemic, even though, as I understand it, the vaccine has killed two more people in Australia than covid has in the last year. 

And if it's not covid it's someone being offended because someone spoke. Fuck it all. 

I actually went through about 35 years of life not listening to or watching the news, but went through a period there where I was listening to talkback most the day (as a courier), reading news apps and generally making myself miserable. Just see no benefit in it at all, so glad I re-found what I'd always known was a better way. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Geoff said:

I quit listening to the news early/mid last year and it was the best decision I ever made. Every snippet I ever hear these days is still drilling fear into us about the pandemic, even though, as I understand it, the vaccine has killed two more people in Australia than covid has in the last year. 

And if it's not covid it's someone being offended because someone spoke. Fuck it all. 

I actually went through about 35 years of life not listening to or watching the news, but went through a period there where I was listening to talkback most the day (as a courier), reading news apps and generally making myself miserable. Just see no benefit in it at all, so glad I re-found what I'd always known was a better way. 

I agree mate. You want to feel better about life, avoid the news. Reality is most people we actually deal with are good folks. 90% of people you meet each day are friendly and just want to get along. The media just sew division and strife. It's getting so hard to escape nowadays though with everyone on social media and just having to get offended about something and riled up about unimportant things that don't concern them. Like how other people think. What business is it of anybody what someone else thinks about an issue? Who cares if someone says something they don't like. How does it really affect them? It's not healthy for people to be constantly upset about things that don't concern them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, auslander said:

I agree mate. You want to feel better about life, avoid the news. Reality is most people we actually deal with are good folks. 90% of people you meet each day are friendly and just want to get along. The media just sew division and strife. It's getting so hard to escape nowadays though with everyone on social media and just having to get offended about something and riled up about unimportant things that don't concern them. Like how other people think. What business is it of anybody what someone else thinks about an issue? Who cares if someone says something they don't like. How does it really affect them? It's not healthy for people to be constantly upset about things that don't concern them.

Couldn't agree more. Being offended these days seems to be something to strive for. If you're not offended by something, find a way to be offended by it, and then tell the world about it.

But your first point is spot on. You watch the news and you think the world is a hellhole full of dreadful things and people. You turn off the news and go about your business and notice that its not actually so bad. 

Anyway, to each their own. All I know is I feel a lot better not putting myself through that garbage every day. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Geoff said:

as I understand it, the vaccine has killed two more people in Australia than covid has in the last year. 

Gonna have to call bullshit on that.

As for the news, I quit it around 5 years ago.
So negative here, probably the same as most other countries.
If there is any real news happening, it will pop up on my Facebook feed.

I dont have any issue watching the news in UK. I don't find it overly biased tbh. 

newspapers are entirely different. I never read them 

5 hours ago, Glen said:

I dont have any issue watching the news in UK. I don't find it overly biased tbh. 

newspapers are entirely different. I never read them 

It's not just the bias that is unappealing (and yes, news outlets are very PC and "left" in nature)... it's what you get out of the news. For the last 600 days or so in a row, you get a mind numbing daily covid update, you hear about the most recent murders and tragic story of the day, and you get an update on what we should all be offended about for the day. What's the actual appeal in there? 

6 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Gonna have to call bullshit on that.

It's probably not correct to the exact date, but I assumed my point was made. I can't actually remember the last fatality from covid in Australia, but I believe we're up to two now from the vaccine? I'm not across it as much as you no doubt are, but that was my impression. 

8 hours ago, Geoff said:

It's not just the bias that is unappealing (and yes, news outlets are very PC and "left" in nature)... it's what you get out of the news. For the last 600 days or so in a row, you get a mind numbing daily covid update, you hear about the most recent murders and tragic story of the day, and you get an update on what we should all be offended about for the day. What's the actual appeal in there? 

It's probably not correct to the exact date, but I assumed my point was made. I can't actually remember the last fatality from covid in Australia, but I believe we're up to two now from the vaccine? I'm not across it as much as you no doubt are, but that was my impression. 

What about Rape?? you forgot Rape!

9 hours ago, Geoff said:

well its kinda important in the UK as over 100000 people have died so peeps have been interested about what the fuck is happening with COVID.

However most of our news is still about politics and brexit and Northern Ireland border. Its not stunning but ill watch it for 10-15 mins a day 

11 hours ago, Glen said:

well its kinda important in the UK as over 100000 people have died so peeps have been interested about what the fuck is happening with COVID.

However most of our news is still about politics and brexit and Northern Ireland border. Its not stunning but ill watch it for 10-15 mins a day 

And I'm not trying to make light of it, but 100,000 is a tiny percentage of the population in the UK and covid is not anywhere near the leading cause of death in the UK. Yet it has dominated every piece of news since March last year. Is there a daily count of Dementia cases, tests and deaths in every bulletin too? 

And as I've noted elsewhere before, covid has probably claimed somewhere near 0.0000001% of the Australian population, yet it's all you ever hear about. 

Apologies, I know a lot of folk think the news is must see, but I find it completely mind numbing. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, nyoilers said:

Blaming the media is an easy cop-out for these politicians who make a lot of money but accomplish very little.

Reminds me of your posts..... a lot of posts that say very little. 

• Haha 1

On 6/12/2021 at 10:26 PM, Geoff said:

One died just after this post was made I believe, which apparently takes the toll to 2.
Although I thought it was already at 2 before this recent death.

Anyway, Pfizer vaccine is on hold in Victoria.
State govt says they don't have enougha nd need to save some for second jabs (for those who have already had the first) 
Federal govt calls bullshit and says there is heaps of availability.

In the meantime I still can't drive interstate to my other business because we are getting 1 to 2 daily cases for people already in quarantine lol
It's fucked down here :(

On 6/10/2021 at 12:25 PM, Leykis101 said:

I just find it fun to argue about, cause theres no right answer, and nothing you can do about it, I mean I understand Biden and especially Harris are doing absolutely phenomenal jobs, and I have to say I was dead wrong about them, it still wouldnt have been as fun had people not hated Trump so bad, never let them see that it gets to you, words my dad told me at 5 years old, or they will just keep doing it.

Easy on the sarcasm Cody. Our newcomers may believe you're actually think so. :(

Edited by Stefan
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

Easy on the sarcasm Cody. Our newcomers may believe you're actually think so. :(

I did believe him lol. My sarcasm radar must have been malfunctioning. I think overall we credit politicians of any stripe or persuasion with too much. They actually don't do as much or influence outcomes as much as people believe. The fact that I allow this stuff to get to me sometimes is a failure on my part. But I am libertarian at heart.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

Sarcasm? There was no sarcasm in that comment, that was honest and straight from the heart...nice to see that for a change instead of the usually shit stirring...:)

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

Sarcasm? There was no sarcasm in that comment, that was honest and straight from the heart...nice to see that for a change instead of the usually shit stirring...:)

Yeah right. And I'm Santa Claus *ho-ho-ho* :christmas:

• 2023 Gold Donors
3 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

Once people look at the facts instead of the BS the truth sets them free !

Stock market up,over 2 million jobs created in a little over 5 months, unemployment rate down,etc...

Why believe what the pillow guy says ????:crazy:

10 minutes ago, nyoilers said:

Stock market up,over 2 million jobs created in a little over 5 months, unemployment rate down,etc...

You are seriously one of the most misinformed dumbasses I have ever come across. The whole country was shut down. Of course once the restrictions were lifted, more jobs would be available. None were "created". These are all jobs lost to the pandemic and just getting them back.

The Trump administration had the lowest unemployment in 50 years and the lowest black unemployment ever.

What has Biden done in 40 years for black folks?

Edited by AlphaMale

48 minutes ago, nyoilers said:

your not bad at sarcasm yourself!

39 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

You are seriously one of the most misinformed dumbasses I have ever come across. The whole country was shut down. Of course once the restrictions were lifted, more jobs would be available. None were "created". These are all jobs lost to the pandemic and just getting them back.

The Trump administration had the lowest unemployment in 50 years and the lowest black unemployment ever.

What has Biden done in 40 years for black folks?

He did give the eulogy at former KKK recruiter and US Senator Robert Byrds funeral, and voted against desegregating the schools!

• Haha 2

On 6/11/2021 at 11:10 AM, Dead Planet said:

I agree with you guys that it seems like there are way too many thin skinned people these days constantly looking for a reason to be offended...hence the PC and cancel crowds trying to alter the way the world spins....

Yeah bro, it's getting to be about the most irritating shit ive ever experienced in my life, and it's making me really give less of a fuck about offending anyone as I ever have, thats quite an accomplishment. I just want to get on all social media and start blasting off every last racial and offensive slur I can think of, just to watch them all cry, I know alot of people who are simply over it, the racist thing carries no meaning anymore, and they dont care if they are labled it, dont care if their homophobic, or transphobic, call dudes out regardless of what they are dressed like, all that shit, the shits old, and I for one am over it all.

• Like 1