Religion

AlphaMale

44 minutes ago, nyoilers said:

Abortion to me isn't a binary choice.

I agree. The issue is complicated IMO and there is no right answer... so many extenuating circumstances. One can easily create numerous scenarios to fit either a pro-abortion or anti-abortion stance.

With that being the case, as much as I personally dislike the notion of abortion being used as a convenience tool for people that can't keep their legs shut, or those that want to get more government benefits, I feel it has to remain legal.

But that's as far as I'll go in discussing the subject as it never turns out well.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

I agree. The issue is complicated IMO and there is no right answer... so many extenuating circumstances. One can easily create numerous scenarios to fit either a pro-abortion or anti-abortion stance.

With that being the case, as much as I personally dislike the notion of abortion being used as a convenience tool for people that can't keep their legs shut, or those that want to get more government benefits, I feel it has to remain legal.

But that's as far as I'll go in discussing the subject as it never turns out well.

Yeah ,I have considered myself pro abortion but once you look into it, there is no easy answer. It should be allowed for sure in cases of rape, incest and where the health of the child or mother is in question. I have always thought that women should be given 2 weeks from the time they find out they are pregnant to decide if they are going to bear the child or have an abortion but then I hear about women who drop a kid and they didn't even know they were pregnant!!!...WTF...maybe cut back on the food intake ffs...should have to have a reasonable IQ level before they are allowed to get pregnant..:lol:

Oooh, abortion, huh?

For me, life is sentience.
So as long is up to a reasonable time in pregnancy, I have no issues with it.

One could argue that the morning after pill is an abortion tool, radicals would say that condoms are abortion tools.

On 6/7/2021 at 6:20 AM, PeterS said:

There's research that shows when abortion came in 15-20 years later there was a drop in crime in the USA.  

If your being serious or not, I guarantee there's some validity to that.

On 6/7/2021 at 10:32 AM, nyoilers said:

I watch sports for enjoyment and because everything seems to get politicized I luckily can ignore all the BS.

I can listen to Roger Waters,Ted Nugent,etc... and enjoy their music regardless of their political views or whatever.

Same thing with actors,actresses ...

Well you know bro, it just depends on the degree of it, ya know when someone endorses, like lets say my favorite country artist David Lee Murphy, he endorsed Bill Clinton and took a lot of shit from the country community for it, Adam Levin endorsed George Bush, it didn't bother me, if someones a fucking buffoon I think its the personality that sours me, like I used to like Alec Baldwin, now I cant stand him, same with Ted Nugent, heres the thing, its a different issue with this shit, cause they are anti-white, well who buys the bulk of the tickets? obviously the majority of the country is white, so I do take offense bro, I see as white people are being demonized because we excel, well I don't have to spend my money at a place who says I am racist, and I have privilege, my fucking privilege was going into so much debt I was ruined when I was 18, nobody handed me fucking anything, and i resent being told that because I chose to not be a fucking deadbeat I should be ashamed of that, I do take it very seriously bro, nobody rides for free, that's my favorite Cheap Trick song BTW. I have a hard time with sports, they should've just kept it the fuck out there, DEATH TO COLIN KAPERNICK, a mediocre QB who is out of the NFL why? not because of his decisions, but because white people are racist, hes from a fucking well to do white family, he's a fucking load that should've been swallowed, but I will probably watch the Jazz, the other thing is that they never get into the finals, since 98 they've only made it to the championship game once, so I hate being disappointed. must be how my girlfriend feels huh?

• Like 1

On 6/7/2021 at 10:34 AM, nyoilers said:

Abortion to me isn't a binary choice.

why not? cause your non binary???

• Haha 1

On 6/7/2021 at 11:21 AM, heavyharmonies said:

I think it's a pretty easy topic but I think the dad should have a say, it's always the woman's right to choose, well yeah, its her right to choose if she's gonna take a little child support or take him to the cleaners, I think abortion should have to be a 2 parent decision, because bet your ass once its past that point, it's only the girl who gets to call the shots, that's fucked up, and also I like how it's legal to kill your baby, but if your done, and you want out, it's illegal to kill yourself, or have someone assist you in dying, how much sense does that make? so basically they want to control when you die as well, ridiculous. but I'm so pro abortion im grinning, I truly think people should be at the blm and antifa peaceful assembly's talking not only into abortion, but also in  pro vasectomy  rhetoric,,

1 hour ago, auslander said:

Next up in this fun thread: euthanasia yay or euthanasia nay?

Surely no one with a logical mind would even suggest euthanasia nay? Surely? All the other discussions I get there's two sides, but surely this one is clear cut? 

5 hours ago, Geoff said:

Surely no one with a logical mind would even suggest euthanasia nay? Surely? All the other discussions I get there's two sides, but surely this one is clear cut? 

This.

• 2023 Gold Donors
11 hours ago, auslander said:

Next up in this fun thread: euthanasia yay or euthanasia nay?

I'm not ready to move on to this issue because I have more  posts about abortion

• 2023 Gold Donors
20 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

I have a hard time with sports, they should've just kept it the fuck out there,

I feel this way about the people on Youtube who are against the mainstream media-whoop de fuckin' do !!

They prostitute themselves for money-who knows what they really think .So I avoid watching them.

Because I said it before-it's all about the money.

28 minutes ago, nyoilers said:

I feel this way about the people on Youtube who are against the mainstream media-whoop de fuckin' do !!

I bet you would feel differently about the mainstream media if it weren't in lock-step with your chosen ideology all the time, i.e., if it only parroted GOP talking points all day long, I don't believe you would feel the same about those "who are against the mainstream media."

• Like 2

When I was growing up everyone was suspicious about people who were too into politics or were too far Left or Right. I miss those days when politics weren't the be all and end all and Centrism ruled the roost.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, auslander said:

When I was growing up everyone was suspicious about people who were too into politics or were too far Left or Right. I miss those days when politics weren't the be all and end all and Centrism ruled the roost.

I just find it fun to argue about, cause theres no right answer, and nothing you can do about it, I mean I understand Biden and especially Harris are doing absolutely phenomenal jobs, and I have to say I was dead wrong about them, it still wouldnt have been as fun had people not hated Trump so bad, never let them see that it gets to you, words my dad told me at 5 years old, or they will just keep doing it.

• Like 1

Over here in Australia, we barely hear a peep about US politics now.

We lost all that fun entertainment, but on the other hand, it was all getting pretty fucking boring and old.

31 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

Over here in Australia, we barely hear a peep about US politics now.

We lost all that fun entertainment, but on the other hand, it was all getting pretty fucking boring and old.

Tell me about it, but the same was true when Bush was in power. Our Aussie media is so biased against the American Republican party, and they fawn over Democrats. It is sickening. But at least there is no "it's the end of the world" hysteria about the US president anymore. They have the pandemic to keep us in fear and under control now anyway. Should be good to keep us afraid for at least 2 more years then they can go back to rising oceans etc. or something else new or recycled, peak oil or nuclear war or old school - God's judgement ha!

• Like 1

Just now, auslander said:

Tell me about it, but the same was true when Bush was in power. Our Aussie media is so biased against the American Republican party, and they fawn over Democrats. It is sickening. But at least there is no "it's the end of the world" hysteria about the US president anymore. They have the pandemic to keep us in fear and under control now anyway. Should be good to keep us afraid for at least 2 more years then they can go back to rising oceans etc. or something else new or recycled, peak oil or nuclear war or old school - God's judgement ha!

Not so sure about that.
I'd say that our press is only really interested in gossip girl type stuff.
I mean channel 10, The Project, and the like will always be very pro left and broadcast anything in that interest.
Sky news leans heavily to the right, but they don't even have too much to say.
They have defaulted to criticising Labor in Australia primarily now.

Maybe Biden is just going about his job, well or not, without much fanfare.
Taking the safe route tends to do that, just slide on by with a bit of stealth lol

21 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

I bet you would feel differently about the mainstream media if it weren't in lock-step with your chosen ideology all the time, i.e., if it only parroted GOP talking points all day long, I don't believe you would feel the same about those "who are against the mainstream media."

Strange but I thought Fox was mainstream.....and the stupidity on social media just proves that everyone has an opinion on everything even if that opinion is uninformed and idiotic....

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
23 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

Where I live in NY most if not all talk radio is right wing.The local news is neutral.The national news all depends on what station you listen to.The main person that I listen to is Michael Smerconish.

• 2023 Gold Donors
2 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

Strange but I thought Fox was mainstream.....and the stupidity on social media just proves that everyone has an opinion on everything even if that opinion is uninformed and idiotic....

Fox is mainstream,just like CNN.But national news is basically about ratings.And the way to get ratings is to know your audience and cater to it.

6 hours ago, nyoilers said:

Where I live in NY most if not all talk radio is right wing.The local news is neutral.The national news all depends on what station you listen to.The main person that I listen to is Michael Smerconish.

6 hours ago, nyoilers said:

Fox is mainstream,just like CNN.But national news is basically about ratings.And the way to get ratings is to know your audience and cater to it.

Yes, but the devil is in the details. Percentagewise the raw population in the U.S. is close to evenly split left vs. right; I would put it at 55-45 left vs. right at worst. However traditional media (newsprint, TV, broadcast radio) at the national level is overwhelmingly left-leaning. Same with social media platforms.

The perception is that Fox is huge, but that is because there are fewer dogs taking a chunk of that 45% pie. The 55% majority is being cannibalized by CNN, CBS, ABC, NBC, PBS, NPR, Bloomberg, etc. Fox pretty much is the king of the heap on the right side with no major competition, which is why their ratings absolutely destroy the other platforms one-on-one: bigger fish in a smaller pool. If you aggregate all the left-leaning media outlets, they outnumber the right on a national stage cumulatively, but the brand identity is more fragmented... however the headlines are all in lock-step, funded by Rupert Murdoch George Soros and written/coordinated by the DNC.

Local and regional is a different animal entirely, and depending on where you live can be overwhelmingly right-leaning.

Also, journalism, by the very nature of the industry, is a left-leaning profession, so it attracts more people of a liberal mindset to begin with.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

Yes, but the devil is in the details. Percentagewise the raw population in the U.S. is close to evenly split left vs. right; I would put it at 55-45 left vs. right at worst. However traditional media (newsprint, TV, broadcast radio) at the national level is overwhelmingly left-leaning. Same with social media platforms.

The perception is that Fox is huge, but that is because there are fewer dogs taking a chunk of that 45% pie. The 55% majority is being cannibalized by CNN, CBS, ABC, NBC, PBS, NPR, Bloomberg, etc. Fox pretty much is the king of the heap on the right side with no major competition, which is why their ratings absolutely destroy the other platforms one-on-one: bigger fish in a smaller pool. If you aggregate all the left-leaning media outlets, they outnumber the right on a national stage cumulatively, but the brand identity is more fragmented... however the headlines are all in lock-step, funded by Rupert Murdoch and written/coordinated by the DNC.

Local and regional is a different animal entirely, and depending on where you live can be overwhelmingly right-leaning.

Also, journalism, by the very nature of the industry, is a left-leaning profession, so it attracts more people of a liberal mindset to begin with.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you but Murdoch is a right wing fanatic and has nothing to do with the DNC....he is responsible for a large percentage of the right wing media these days....

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you but Murdoch is a right wing fanatic and has nothing to do with the DNC....he is responsible for a large percentage of the right wing media these days....

Brain fart on my part. I meant George Soros... another billionaire with not enough to do with his monies.