Vaccine. Yes or no?

Darkstone

5 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Meh.
may as well fight against enforcement of seat belts, or not being allowed to carry guns.
Sometimes people have to be ordered to do what is known to be safe to protect themselves and others.

Not looking for a debate into guns or the effectiveness /consequences of vaccines.
Simply, IMO, there is a vast greater good for accepting them compared to the rare complications.
covid vaccine is the same, tried and tested, safe, and I'm happy if people are obligated to get it to go about their normal lives.

Yeah, if the vaccine is tested, safe and actual works then people should take it...it's not as if you are only hurting yourself by not taking it, if that was the case then I would not care, just like euthanasia, if you want to die I won't stand in your way but you have no right to kill others because of your selfishness....liberty does have some limitations otherwise there would be no laws at all...

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/22/2020 at 7:27 AM, Dead Planet said:

Yes once it has proven effective and been tested by all the people who will be first in line....I figure 3-6 months after the vaccinations start....

I'll request a 3ple dose for my 3 hands. 

It's 95% effective. Are you also using statistics when gambling/betting or when getting in car/using other means of transport, eating red meat/drinking coffee/alcohol/drugs/Epogen/smoking Cohibas or  Arturo Fuentes?  :P

Edited by kourosofsteel3

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2020 at 3:24 AM, Dead Planet said:

Well here is one possible side effect that I would not want...

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/covid-vaccine-bells-palsy/

ye gods. Read the instructions on paracetamol- you can basically catch every disease known from taking it - has that stopped you? 

No. 

It appears some people don't want to hear about possible side effects of the vaccines as it may undermine their confidence in big pharma and the vaccines....everyone will have to decide for themselves whether they will take the vaccine and the more info they have the better IMO....as for Bells Palsy, I'd never even heard of it before but it seems that those who blindly support the vaccines think that 1 in 5000 people getting it is normal....this particular side effect is concerning....

1 hour ago, Dead Planet said:

It appears some people don't want to hear about possible side effects of the vaccines as it may undermine their confidence in big pharma and the vaccines....everyone will have to decide for themselves whether they will take the vaccine and the more info they have the better IMO....as for Bells Palsy, I'd never even heard of it before but it seems that those who blindly support the vaccines think that 1 in 5000 people getting it is normal....this particular side effect is concerning....

actually 1-4 in 10,000 is normal. Stop scaremongering- it's mainly caused by diabetes & pregnancy. The fact it's caused by diabetes would lead me to think it's more prevalent in the US bearing in mind nearly 10% of the population suffer with diabetes !!

Go figure eh. 

if people are so conceded about bells Palsy sort your bloody diet out instead of worrying about vaccines 

• 2023 Gold Donors

Yes, I agree 100% that all medications have possible side effects. As Glen pointed out, even relatively harmless drugs like Paracetamol, Aspirin, etc.

The big difference is that their side effects are KNOWN and were discovered after many years of rigorous trials and testing.

I know we don't have the luxury of time with this virus, but that still doesn't discount the fact that it's a big risk.

35 minutes ago, Glen said:

actually 1-4 in 10,000 is normal. Stop scaremongering- it's mainly caused by diabetes & pregnancy. The fact it's caused by diabetes would lead me to think it's more prevalent in the US bearing in mind nearly 10% of the population suffer with diabetes !!

Go figure eh. 

if people are so conceded about bells Palsy sort your bloody diet out instead of worrying about vaccines 

The more information people have the better...if that is scaremongering then so be it...as more people get the vaccine more info will come out about any issues and I will be paying attention...you are welcome to ignore that info...

31 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

The more information people have the better...if that is scaremongering then so be it...as more people get the vaccine more info will come out about any issues and I will be paying attention...you are welcome to ignore that info...

I'm not ignoring the info just pointing out that your chances of developing bells palsy is far greater if your diet is poor but no one seems to give a shit about that.

keep worrying about the safely trialled vaccine though ;)

15 minutes ago, Glen said:

I'm not ignoring the info just pointing out that your chances of developing bells palsy is far greater if your diet is poor but no one seems to give a shit about that.

keep worrying about the safely trialled vaccine though ;)

If this Bells palsy issue is the only one 6 months from now , it will not prevent me from getting the vaccine....but I think we all need to pay attention to what is going on because burying our heads in the sand and trusting big pharma and politicians is not wise...

So is this a Trump/Biden thing?
Seems the Trump fans are anti vax and Biden are pro.

Anyway, I won't rush to get the vaccine, but I'm fortunate in that I don't have to.
If shit gets worse, I'll be first in line.
And if by getting it I get to travel, I'll be first in line.
Otherwise I'll just wait my turn...

56 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

Anyway, I won't rush to get the vaccine, but I'm fortunate in that I don't have to.
If shit gets worse, I'll be first in line.
And if by getting it I get to travel, I'll be first in line.
Otherwise I'll just wait my turn...

not a Trump / Biden thing. what on earth is taking a vaccine to do with left or right lol.

plus trump is promoting the vaccine isn't he?? 

5 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Where did you get that idea?

My boss is foaming-at-the-mouth anti-Trump and she doesn't want the vaccine until it has a proven track record. My mother is died-in-the-wool vote blue and she wants nothing to do with the vaccine for at least 6 months.

Nothing to do with political ideology.

• 2023 Gold Donors
3 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

Where did you get that idea?

My boss is foaming-at-the-mouth anti-Trump and she doesn't want the vaccine until it has a proven track record. My mother is died-in-the-wool vote blue and she wants nothing to do with the vaccine for at least 6 months.

Nothing to do with political ideology.

From all of the polls that I've seen pretty much say that democrats are more apt to take the vaccine than republicans.Regardless by the time it gets down to us common folk it'll be 6 months and we'll know pretty much its track record so your mother and boss will be be covered in that aspect.

I think you're projecting the political ideology aspect of this. There doesn't appear to be a statistically significant correlation between politics and vaccine acceptance, outside of people with agendas WANTING there to be a correlation.

5 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

I think you're projecting the political ideology aspect of this. There doesn't appear to be a statistically significant correlation between politics and vaccine acceptance, outside of people with agendas WANTING there to be a correlation.

lol,
this comment was received exactly as I thought it would be.
I mean I have noticed here that Trumpers tend to me more antio and Bidenites more pro.

It is a vague observation, but really just a bit of fun.
Carry on :)

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
23 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

lol,
this comment was received exactly as I thought it would be.
I mean I have noticed here that Trumpers tend to me more antio and Bidenites more pro.

It is a vague observation, but really just a bit of fun.
Carry on :)

I don't see it.

I felt that when it came to Trump/Biden, the board was split pretty much down the middle.

With the vaccine however, I've noticed more of us are Anti vax than Pro vax.

2 hours ago, Darkstone said:

I don't see it.

I felt that when it came to Trump/Biden, the board was split pretty much down the middle.

With the vaccine however, I've noticed more of us are Anti vax than Pro vax.

I have seen the 'polls' about Republicans being less apt to take the vaccine than Democrats but polls are pretty much useless these days....is it possible? maybe....since the Trump administration has been pro doctors and science one minute and then shits on them the next, it is possible that some Trump supporters are suspicious of the vaccine...but once they are actually offered the vaccine I think reality will sink in and many will take it making any statistical difference between Dems and Reps meaningless...

Personally I'm in the undecided category.....

Edited by Dead Planet