Vaccine. Yes or no?

Darkstone

• 2023 Gold Donors
30 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

I have seen the 'polls' about Republicans being less apt to take the vaccine than Democrats but polls are pretty much useless these days....is it possible? maybe....since the Trump administration has been pro doctors and science one minute and then shits on them the next, it is possible that some Trump supporters are suspicious of the vaccine...but once they are actually offered the vaccine I think reality will sink in and many will take it making any statistical difference between Dems and Reps meaningless...

Personally I'm in the undecided category.....

It's got absolutely nothing to do with Trump or this particular vaccine. 

In my case anyway.

Edited by Darkstone

• 2023 Gold Donors

I get a good laugh out of people who say that they don't want to be the guinea pigs and let other people take it first to see how they react to it.Well,most people in the medical field are getting vaccinated first so if they have a bad reaction basically we're all screwed :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nyoilers said:

I get a good laugh out of people who say that they don't want to be the guinea pigs and let other people take it first to see how they react to it.Well,most people in the medical field are getting vaccinated first so if they have a bad reaction basically we're all screwed :lol:

ha ha true. 

• Like 1

My wife works in our local hospital...she's due to be vaccinated tomorrow...pretty much everyone of her work staff have already been this last few weeks...some due for their second next week...they all work in accident & emergency,ICU  and the covid wards...so what nyoilers is saying is true..if they all get ill who tends to the ill? Don't think they'd take that chance...well I hope not anyway!

9 hours ago, nyoilers said:

Yes, true, but also telling.
These are people who WORK IN THE MEDICAL FIELD
with all types of information at their disposal to assess, review and judge.
They ain't gonna take it to make everyone feel better, they will do so after considering everything with their medical expertise.

To me, the whole anti vax thing is as stupid as, well, anti-vaxxers.
I've never had time for those who refuse to immunise their kids, and realistically, they should carry over to people who refuse this approved vaccine.
There are a million counter arguments, one was made earlier with paracetamol.
But they are all a waste of time, as it becomes cult like and impossible to reason with.

So instead, I say to those who choose not to be vaccinated, good luck, and I hope you don't get the virus and die, or pass it on to more vulnerable loved ones.
Sadly, I don't see the media as being a big culprit in generating this hysteria, it seems to be largely self inflicted :(

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
On 12/28/2020 at 8:14 PM, CureTheSane said:

Yes, true, but also telling.
These are people who WORK IN THE MEDICAL FIELD
with all types of information at their disposal to assess, review and judge.
They ain't gonna take it to make everyone feel better, they will do so after considering everything with their medical expertise.

To me, the whole anti vax thing is as stupid as, well, anti-vaxxers.
I've never had time for those who refuse to immunise their kids, and realistically, they should carry over to people who refuse this approved vaccine.
There are a million counter arguments, one was made earlier with paracetamol.
But they are all a waste of time, as it becomes cult like and impossible to reason with.

So instead, I say to those who choose not to be vaccinated, good luck, and I hope you don't get the virus and die, or pass it on to more vulnerable loved ones.
Sadly, I don't see the media as being a big culprit in generating this hysteria, it seems to be largely self inflicted :(

Yes to what you wrote.And while there are probably some people who for health reasons can't get vaccinated ,the ones who don't want to for other reasons need to realize that most of us are tired of wearing masks,social distancing,etc...Once I get vaccinated I'm not gonna want to wear a mask anymore to protect people who don't want the vaccine.Might sound selfish but the vaccine is going to be free to anyone who wants it.

Well then obviously the solution is to make not getting the vaccine a felony! Better yet, send anyone who doesn't feel comfortable getting the vaccine off to concentration camps. After all, it's for the common good, right? Anyone who doesn't want the vaccine is an Enemy of the People, comrade!

• 2023 Gold Donors
22 minutes ago, nyoilers said:

Yes to what you wrote.And while there are probably some people who for health reasons can't get vaccinated ,the ones who don't want to for other reasons need to realize that most of us are tired of wearing masks,social distancing,etc...Once I get vaccinated I'm not gonna want to wear a mask anymore to protect people who don't want the vaccine.Might sound selfish but the vaccine is going to be free to anyone who wants it.

Um, if you've been vaccinated, what would wearing a mask be protecting other people from?

Oxford vaccine has been OK'd 

not even the most stubborn anti vaxxer can be worried about this. it's just a dumbed down common cold virus which mimics the COVID. 

completely harmless. 

2 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Um, if you've been vaccinated, what would wearing a mask be protecting other people from?

The vaccines are supposed to be 90%-95% effective but I suspect that once there are millions of people vaccinated, that percentage will drop and  you could still get it and pass it on and we still don't know how long the vaccines will remain effective so wearing masks and social distancing should continue until there are no more incidents of the virus...at least that is what I expect the health authorities to say...I still expect the virus to become endemic which means masks and social distancing will be around for the foreseeable future...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

Well then obviously the solution is to make not getting the vaccine a felony! Better yet, send anyone who doesn't feel comfortable getting the vaccine off to concentration camps. After all, it's for the common good, right? Anyone who doesn't want the vaccine is an Enemy of the People, comrade!

Yeah we here in the western democracies tend to take 'freedom' for granted since we grew up with it. I don't think anyone should be forced to take any vaccine... however showing proof of vaccination in order to take public transportation is reasonable...

8 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

Yeah we here in the western democracies tend to take 'freedom' for granted since we grew up with it. I don't think anyone should be forced to take any vaccine... however showing proof of vaccination in order to take public transportation is reasonable...

no body should be forced to take it. But if we want to get back to normal and for the purposes of this forum normal includes going to gigs etc, then the more people who take it the quicker we get back.

simple as that.

of course there will be the odd adverse reaction but these are no more prevalent than in the normal walk of life. 

And your risk from COVID is far far greater than any risk of having the jab 

13 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

That was a rash comment.
If you don't wanna get it, don't.
Go read Alpha's run down on what the virus did to him.
Personally, imma avoid that shit if I can.
If you want to take the risk that you'll cope ok with the virus, go for it.

• 2023 Gold Donors
On 12/30/2020 at 9:23 PM, Dead Planet said:

The vaccines are supposed to be 90%-95% effective but I suspect that once there are millions of people vaccinated, that percentage will drop and  you could still get it and pass it on and we still don't know how long the vaccines will remain effective so wearing masks and social distancing should continue until there are no more incidents of the virus...at least that is what I expect the health authorities to say...I still expect the virus to become endemic which means masks and social distancing will be around for the foreseeable future...

Exactly ! 

So now there is a UK variant and a South Africa variant .....they 'think' the new vaccines will work for these new variants but they don't really know.....it sounds like covid is going to be like influenza with a yearly vaccine that may or may not protect you from whatever variant is around....

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
7 hours ago, Glen said:

see the UK government are going to balls this up by changing the dates they give the jabs.

F morons

It's laughable. I don't want the vaccine, but I can fully understand and respect those who do.

To think of the massive effort involved with Research, Manufacturing and Distribution, to then have it all compromised at the very end with the easiest part of the process, actually Administering the bloody thing.

Well, we over here in Australia have less to decide.
By the time we get any vaccine (March) it will have been used for 2 - 3 months on millions of people.
So by then all side effects and the chances and severity of them will be well known.