What band has made the most stylistic changes?

Paradise Lost went from harsh doom in the late 80’s early 90’s....to Metallica styled metal in the early to mid 90’s.....to Depeche Mode goth in the late 90’s to early 00’s....to industrial styled goth in the early mid 00’s....to melodic goth metal the late 00’s and early 10’s....and since the mid 10’s to today they went back to harsh doom from the beginning. 

Edited by zacharyamelie
  • Like 1

On 3/21/2020 at 6:21 PM, zacharyamelie said:

Paradise Lost went from harsh doom in the late 80’s early 90’s....to Metallica styled metal in the early to mid 90’s.....to Depeche Mode goth in the late 90’s to early 00’s....to industrial styled goth in the early mid 00’s....to melodic goth metal the late 00’s and early 10’s....and since the mid 10’s to today they went back to harsh doom from the beginning. 

This is a great answer! More in line with what I had hoped.

Other picks those bands only changed one time. I'm looking for same band multiple changes.

On 3/18/2020 at 12:07 AM, Gotthardline said:

Or “Theory” as they are now known 

rubbish these days aren’t they !

Wake up call, their first album after the stylistic change was still good for me, it had some summer pop rock songs and it was fun, the new album, say nothing, is not really listenable for me, there's absolutely no movement, only depressive vibes and I can't stand that. Savages was my favourite toad album. 

On 3/21/2020 at 8:56 PM, PetraGirl86 said:

Bon Jovi from glam rock to country (rock?) 

This was first one I thought of.  They're a completely different band the last 10-15 years or so than they were in their prime.  And I can think of a band that I've shifted my tastes for more....I loved these guys and would've called them one of my top 3 favorite bands back in the day.  Now, I can't stand their new music.  I actually won a free copy of What About Now a few years ago and kept the jewel case to use for something else and tossed the inserts and CD in the trash lol.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

This was first one I thought of.  They're a completely different band the last 10-15 years or so than they were in their prime.  And I can think of a band that I've shifted my tastes for more....I loved these guys and would've called them one of my top 3 favorite bands back in the day.  Now, I can't stand their new music.  I actually won a free copy of What About Now a few years ago and kept the jewel case to use for something else and tossed the inserts and CD in the trash lol.

Yeah, it's so much more boring!  Crush is alright and I like some newer songs, but I really wouldn't call their newer stuff amazing or even that good. They're 80s into early 90s is the best, but it definitely went downhill from there. 

1 hour ago, PetraGirl86 said:

Yeah, it's so much more boring!  Crush is alright and I like some newer songs, but I really wouldn't call their newer stuff amazing or even that good. They're 80s into early 90s is the best, but it definitely went downhill from there. 

For sure. 

I actually hung on though the Have a Nice Day album so I lasted longer than most probably did lol.  I just kept hoping that they'd get back to more melodic rock instead of modern country/adult contemporary.  I completely threw in the towel when Lost highway dropped and the Circle totally wiped out any remaining hope I had.

I always found Great White's evolution interesting. From their almost metallic straight up hard rock debut into the very commercial Once Bitten... and Twice Shy albums into almost an entirely blues band and then back to rock (always blues based) and now whatever shit they are. 

Most bands had one big dip along the way, though, whether it be a Scandi band like Dream Police (not that they have a discography to speak about) or Treat that had that bluesy interlude around 1992. Or one of your Warrant, Dokken, PC69, D2 style bands that sold out mid 90s for a grunge album or two. 

Some crazy journeys for a lot of these bands though. 

Poison is a really good shout too. Including their Paris demo's, every single release they put out was significantly different in style to the previous. Now that I think of it, Poison probably the best shout. 

I love what Great White and Poison did with their sound.
Also Motley, should have stayed with Corabi, as they were moviong forward, instead they moved backwards with Vince coming back.