Land Of Gypsies (Terry Ilous) - s/t

Stefan

From Frontiers:

Frontiers Music Srl is thrilled to announce the signing of a new L.A. based band, GANG OF SOULS. It is an artistic union between none other than vocalist Terry Ilous (XYZ, ex-Great White), together with famed producer and bassist Fabrizio Grossi (Glenn Hughes, Supersonic Blues Machine, Eric Gales, etc.). The album’s recording has already commenced in L.A. and the guys hope to complete it in the first half of the new year. Rounding out the lineup are Serge Simic on guitar (The Slam, Supersonic Blues Machine) and Tony Morra on drums.

"I am very excited to announce that I will be officially joining the Frontiers family in 2020 as a member of the band Gang Of Souls,” says Terry Ilous. "My entire career has been about creating the best music I possibly can for the fans and with Frontiers, it is a pleasure to join a company with such strong products, production, and the ability to share it with a broad audience. With Frontiers and producer and writer Fabrizio Grossi at the helm, it will allow me to focus on the music and grow as an artist, while also being able to expand my work both nationally and internationally. I am extremely honored to join such an amazing roster of talent and look forward to what 2020 has to bring. Expect to hear a lot more from me and Frontiers moving forward. I invite you all to follow me on my social media sites and join me on this journey.”

Fabrizio Grossi adds, “I am really excited to work with my buddies Serge, Tony, and Terry on this new adventure called Gang of Souls. Terry will be the centerpiece and I am sure he’ll turn even more heads than what he’s been admirably doing since XYZ’s debut. He’s an amazing singer and a hell of a funny guy. I am glad the public will be able to get to know this other side of him. This record represents the type of straight ahead rock music that really makes us move. There won’t be any frills and sweetness, that I can promise, but lots of balls out groove, loud guitars, and soulful melodies.”

Musically, GANG OF SOULS music will lean towards a classic hard rock sound with unforgettable melodies and a solid bluesy background. Think Bad Company meets early Foreigner, but with more current production. A release in the second half of 2020 is tentatively anticipated.

Edited by Stefan

These bands names just get worse and worse.

Gang Of Souls

Gathering Of Kings

Resurrection Kings

Revolution Saints

Blood Red Saints

Enough!

Edited by AlphaMale

• My Little Pony
5 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

These bands needs just get worse and worse.

Gang Of Souls

Gathering Of Kings

Resurrection Kings

Revolution Saints

Blood Red Saints

Enough!

Fuckin' band needs. 

Wasn't he doing terrible things to Great White? Is that over now? 

This project doesn't sound great to me. Sadly, all I want to hear from this chap is XYZ. :(

15 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Wasn't he doing terrible things to Great White? Is that over now? 

They fired him about a year ago via text or email.

I know Jack had his demons, but the way they treated him and then Terry kinda shows you that the band is on a douche bag level close to Skid Row.

2 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

They fired him about a year ago via text or email.

I know Jack had his demons, but the way they treated him and then Terry kinda shows you that the band is on a douche bag level close to Skid Row.

Oh really? I don't think I knew that. Shit, now you mention it, maybe I do remember that. Yeah, it's a ridiculous situation. GW are without doubt one of those bands that is either fronted by Jack Russell, or they don't exist. Stupid trying to do otherwise... 

Edited by Geoff

1 minute ago, Geoff said:

Oh really? I don't think I knew that. Shit, now you mention it, maybe I do remember that. Yeah, it's a ridiculous situation. GW are without doubt one of those bands that is either fronted by Jack Russell, or they don't exist. Stupid trying to do otherwise... 

Said it before many times, and will say it again. Replacing a vocalist in a band is the toughest thing to do, and very few bands get away with it if they are established acts.

Great White, Skid Row, Warrant & Enuff Z Nuff all spring to mind here.

3 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Wow, what a mess. Another things I didn't know - that Jani Lane was a touring vocalist for GW. Again, probably heard it at the time, but forgotten in time. That's cool that Jack & Terry are on good terms. I like that. Nice touch. 

1 minute ago, Geoff said:

Wow, what a mess. Another things I didn't know - that Jani Lane was a touring vocalist for GW. Again, probably heard it at the time, but forgotten in time. That's cool that Jack & Terry are on good terms. I like that. Nice touch. 

Sometimes a shit situation creates strange bed fellows. I know they were not tight friends or anything, but remember Sammy and Dave going out on tour after VH brought in Gary Cherone.

5 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Sometimes a shit situation creates strange bed fellows. I know they were not tight friends or anything, but remember Sammy and Dave going out on tour after VH brought in Gary Cherone.

Haha, I don't think I knew that one. That's a long time ago and I probably wasn't on the www. thing at that point, so may have missed it, but that's amusing. Wouldn't have picked that one in a million years. 

5 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Haha, I don't think I knew that one. That's a long time ago and I probably wasn't on the www. thing at that point, so may have missed it, but that's amusing. Wouldn't have picked that one in a million years. 

From memory, Kid Rock of all people brokered the deal and they went out as co-headliners.

As I say, they were never really friends and I think there was still friction between them, but was pretty much all done to spite Van Halen.

On 1/9/2020 at 4:07 PM, AlphaMale said:

These bands names just get worse and worse.

Gang Of Souls

Gathering Of Kings

Resurrection Kings

Revolution Saints

Blood Red Saints

Enough!

Add Ragged Saints to the list.

3 hours ago, Geoff said:

You didn't know that Mitch Malloy is the new singer??

18 hours ago, The Rocker said:

You didn't know that Mitch Malloy is the new singer??

Nah, not something I retained if I had read about it previously. DIdn't he just release an album last year with Kaata or some weird shit? To be honest, can't pretend to care enough about what GW are doing without Jack Russell. :(  The two albums with Ilious were incredibly bad.  

• Like 1

On 1/13/2020 at 6:27 AM, Geoff said:

Nah, not something I retained if I had read about it previously. DIdn't he just release an album last year with Kaata or some weird shit? To be honest, can't pretend to care enough about what GW are doing without Jack Russell. :(  The two albums with Ilious were incredibly bad.  

The last one with Russell was terrible too. And Jack Russell's GW release was dreadful. 

Great White has been pretty much dead since "Back To The Rhythm".

3 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

The last one with Russell was terrible too. And Jack Russell's GW release was dreadful. 

Great White has been pretty much dead since "Back To The Rhythm".

QFT. They have sadly been terrible for a long while; even with Jack Russell still on board. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

They've changed their name to Land of Gypsies.

New single 'Shattered'.

From Frontiers:

Frontiers Music Srl is happy to announce the release of the self-titled debut album from Land Of Gypsies on December 10, 2021. Today, the band, featuring vocalist Terry Ilous, gives fans their first look at the album with the release of the single and video for the track 'Shattered'.

Land Of Gypsies, formerly known as Gang Of Souls, is a new L.A. based band featuring an artistic union between vocalist Terry Ilous (XYZ, ex-Great White), together with producer and bassist Fabrizio Grossi (Glenn Hughes, Supersonic Blues Machine, Eric Gales, etc.).

Rounding out the lineup are Serge Simic on guitar (The Slam, Supersonic Blues Machine) and Tony Morra on drums. The band spent a wealth of time during the pandemic in 2020 working on and developing their sound. Their target was to write music leaning towards a classic hard rock sound with unforgettable melodies and a solid bluesy background to compliment Ilous' stellar vocals.

Terry Ilous says, "My entire career has been about creating the best music I possibly can for the fans. Land of Gypsies allows me to focus on the music and to grow as an artist, while also being able to expand my work both nationally and internationally. I am extremely honored to join such an amazing roster of talent. Expect to hear a lot more from me and Frontiers moving forward.”

LAND-OF-GYPSIES.jpg

Tracklist:

1. Believe

2. Shattered

3. Trouble

4. Give Me Love

5. Somewhere Down The Line

6. Rescue Me

7. Ordinary Man

8. Run Away

9. Long Summer Day

10. Rambling Man

11. Get It Right

LINE-UP:

Terry Ilous - Lead & backing vocals

Serge Simic - Lead and Rhythm Guitars

Fabrizio “Fab” Grossi – Bass

AJ Morra - Drums & Percussions

Eric Ragno - Hammond, Wurly & Rhodes

Edited by Stefan

• Stefan changed the title to Gangs Of Souls (Terry Ilous)-> Land Of Gypsies - s/t

Well that was...boring...if i'm honest...it sounds no different to the stuff he's been churning out since XYZ Hungry  :( wheres the energy...that was just dull to my ears.

"Their target was to write music leaning towards a classic hard rock sound with unforgettable melodies " ummmm

Edited by lettard

• 5 weeks later...