McQueen Street reunion

AlphaMale

I know Chris the drummer died in 1994. Not sure if the other two guys are involved or not.

New/old single "Bad Moon" will be released soon. It appeared on McQueen Street "2" disc.

Edited by AlphaMale

6 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

I know Chris the drummer died in 1994. Not sure if the other two guys are involved or not.

New/old single "Bad Moon" will be released soon. It appeared on McQueen Street "2" disc.

Sad. Do you know how he died? 

From Wiki:

After struggling with drug addiction and the long and taxing process of recovery, Derek's brother and former drummer Chris Welsh passed away in 1994 due to a viral illness.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

From Wiki:

After struggling with drug addiction and the long and taxing process of recovery, Derek's brother and former drummer Chris Welsh passed away in 1994 due to a viral illness.

Jeez, sounds like a rough few years. I can't even remember if I knew they were brothers. 

20 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

So have the re-recorded this or are they just releasing a single 17 years late?

I was under the impression they remixed them and were re-releasing them.

21 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

So have the re-recorded this or are they just releasing a single 17 years late?

Here's what it says via FB:

It’s out (again)! McQueen Street: the Radio Edit is soon to be here on all of the major streaming services. Stay on the lookout for it and another NEW McQueen Street single. #mcqueenstreet #rockandroll #hardrock #myreligion #radioedit #oldbutnew #newsinglecomingsoon

Edited by AlphaMale

• 1 month later...

Wow! Last I heard the singer was in a coma from a serious head injury on a tennis court. Glad to hear he's back in action. Didn't know his brother had passed away either. Looking forward to their 3rd release.

Anyone know where I can find a bonafide edition of McQueen Street 2 on cd? The one released by the band not the Russian boot.

That's a good continuation of form after a long absence. Way to hold onto their style. 

It's a cool song but I hope a future release would have a fuller, ballsier sound (particularly those drums) that we have become accustomed to from these guys. 

• 2023 Gold Donors

So are they re-releasing their second album with additional tracks?  If I remember, that second one was just sold as a cd-r (at least that's what mine was when I bought it). I would love to get an updated copy of it and maybe better sound with some new tracks.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...