Girish And The Chronicles - Rock The Highway

Stefan

91Ftli5JTgL._SS500_.jpg

Want some hard rock from India?

'Rock The Highway' out April 27 on Lions Pride Music.

The band:

1. Girish Pradhan - Lead Vocals / Guitars 
2. Suraz Sun - Lead Guitars / Backing Vocals 
3. Yogesh Pradhan- Bass Guitar / Guitar / Keyboards / Vocals 
4. Nagen Mongrati - Drums / Percussion / Backing Vocals
5. Annutri Kaushik - Keyboards

facebook

Q.png

1. Rock The Highway
2. Everynight Like Tonight
3. Rock 'n' Roll Is Here To Stay
4. The Distance Between
5. The Sikkimese Dream
6. Bad Shepherd
7. She's Heavy Metal
8. The Rebel
9. Trapped Inside A Mirror
10. Wounded
11. Tears Of The Phoenix
12. Identity Crisis
13. Walking The Line 

That's actually quite cool. I don't understand why bands decide on band names with the supposed desire to make sure no one ever wants to hear them. Terrible band name, but cool tune.

Agree with Dan, though, that they need something more going on with backing/harmony vocals. 

Lead vocalist reminds me a bit of the Station fella. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/26/2019 at 9:42 AM, Geoff said:

That's actually quite cool. I don't understand why bands decide on band names with the supposed desire to make sure no one ever wants to hear them. 

Well being that English is not their native language, maybe they thought it was cool sounding and a throw back to names like "Huey Lewis and The News" or "Dan Reed Network" seeing as Girish is the singers actual name.

• 2 months later...

Sounds excellent,but does anyone else find that the Lions Pride site is difficult to get anything from? never seems to load properly for me  :(

• 4 weeks later...

Do this is actually out now, is it? Bit torn on the new tune. Nice musicality but not completely sold on the chorus/hooks. 

On 5/4/2020 at 12:52 PM, zacharyamelie said:

Good singer, guitarist and production but the songs just aren’t there. 

All this and more. It's gotta be one of the best sounding average albums I've ever heard. Just shows you can do everything else right, but if the songs aren't there it doesn't matter. I couldn't find a single keeper on here. :(

• My Little Pony
8 hours ago, Glen said:

I enjoyed the album a lot.....Especially (shock/ horror !!) the 2 ballads

Huh? Who's shocked? We all know you love the ballads. ;}

• 3 months later...

As pointed out great singer ,guitarist and production...some good songs...some not so good...didn't hold much sway with me personally...expected more if im honest.

Edited by lettard

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Press release Frontiers:

Frontiers Music Srl is thrilled to announce the signing of the outstanding and buzzworthy Indian hard rockers Girish And The Chronicles (GATC) to the label for a multi-album deal!

The band’s singer Girish Pradhan says, ”Frontiers is home to some of the most legendary artists, some of whom we actually idolized as kids and it is a truly wonderful feeling to be a part of this family. We had hoped for this for quite some time and we had no idea that we would be the first Indian band to do this! We really look forward to creating some crazy albums together and adding to the legacy!”

GATC plans to head to the studio very soon to start the recordings of their third record which is expected to be released in early 2022. Girish concludes: ”We are very excited for this. We have already started making demos and they sound KICK ASS! As always, we want to take this album to the next level. It will have all the musical elements that we love to hear, in our day to day lives, which of course revolves around good old Rock ‘n Roll. From the Sunset Strip to NWOBHM and more. Our audience can expect some great anthems!”

Girish continues, ”We are a hard rock/melodic rock/heavy metal band. We like making the kind of music that we grew up listening to, which revolves around the ’80s. However, we do like including a song or two that may have a very different vibe. Could be in the form of a progressive song or maybe a riff that has a bit of ”India” in it. All in all, we think of it as a roller coaster ride with the meanest in-your-face songs to beautiful ballads. We feel no matter how dedicated we are to the art, we still should not stop ourselves from exploring more, but without losing the essence of what we truly love.”

I hope they fulfil their potential I really do but the last release was a real let down ,the first song showed such promise but the full release ultimately fell flat on its arse for me.