Should we have some fun? Politics and Religion

Leykis101

Why not, a thread to spread a little open minded cheer, anyone wanna lead us off? Be as polite and respectful as possible (sarcasm) GO!

Well outside of pure entertainment, I just am so fascinated how worked up people get, everyone is so positive their right, and really there is no wrong or right, it blows my fucking mind, nobody ever just takes a step back and says, damn, maybe there's a 3rd side to shit, or something I never thought about

17 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

Nope. Nothing good can possibly come from it in today's social climate.

What u tryin to say there Dan? That cause I'm of Irish Japanese decent I must be a drunk who's good at math, that's offensive

• 1 year later...
13 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

Most sensible post of 2021 so far. Well done!

That is until this bad boy!

G-Off world premier Feb 29th, the 1st feature film of 2021, TAD JAX - THE LOAD WARRIOR

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2023 Gold Donors

Here's the trailer for the long awaited sequel to "Coming to America" titled "Coming 2 America".

The first one was a classic. One of my favourite movies back in the day and it's great to see the old barber shop guys back.

So many funny moments in the original. Two words...."Sexual Chocolate".

I do have one question though. Why is there not a huge public and media outcry about Eddie Murphy in "white face" when portraying "Saul", the elderly white Jewish guy?

I loved Walton Goggins when he was in that band with Michael Chiklis, David Rees Snell, and Kenny Johnson, the fuck was the name of that band?

7 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

I loved Walton Goggins when he was in that band with Michael Chiklis, David Rees Snell, and Kenny Johnson, the fuck was the name of that band?

Metal Shield I think

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/2/2021 at 4:06 PM, Dead Planet said:

Religion is evil

Agreed..but tell that to Scrotes that are rioting outside my front door this last week and terrifying our community on a nightly basis...because they represent us...they don't...but if you speak out...you're the next target,and its only getting worse,the outside world has only gotten a glimpse,while we find ourselves trapped in our home,afraid that the next brick/petrol bomb etc hits us  :( I have three young children,I grew up with this shit but thought my children wouldn't have to..don't get me wrong...where I live is lovely..those that cause this shit come in from elsewhere..then toddle off home to their own homes when theyve had their fun...leaving the rest of us to pick up the pieces..until next time...sorry for the rant guys.

47 minutes ago, lettard said:

Agreed..but tell that to Scrotes that are rioting outside my front door this last week and terrifying our community on a nightly basis...because they represent us...they don't...but if you speak out...you're the next target,and its only getting worse,the outside world has only gotten a glimpse,while we find ourselves trapped in our home,afraid that the next brick/petrol bomb etc hits us  :( I have three young children,I grew up with this shit but thought my children wouldn't have to..don't get me wrong...where I live is lovely..those that cause this shit come in from elsewhere..then toddle off home to their own homes when theyve had their fun...leaving the rest of us to pick up the pieces..until next time...sorry for the rant guys.

So what are these idiots protesting?....any sort of protest that includes bricks and petrol bombs ,devours itself from the inside out as the violence is the only thing that is remembered not the cause....

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

So what are these idiots protesting?....any sort of protest that includes bricks and petrol bombs ,devours itself from the inside out as the violence is the only thing that is remembered not the cause....

I'm in Northern Ireland..so there is always something for one side or another to protest about and always religious...it's been a while since it was violent though,in my area the kids that are rioting don't even know why because they don't even know what the NI Protocol is or indeed the Irish Sea Border..its just an excuse for them to wreck,the Good Friday Agreement was 23 years ago and most of the people out rioting are in their early teens,they don't remember anything from those awful years before,its sad that my oldest son wants to leave this country as soon as he old enough because he hates it because of these situations...and I don't blame him,I feel guilty for bringing a family into it..but as I've said we've had 23 years of relative peace.

This should be left to the politicians to sort...as you say everyone is remembering and talking about the violence but finding it difficult to determine why? 

Anyway thats as political as I want to get and hope it stops and we can return to our normal everyday lives asap. Peace

Edited by lettard

53 minutes ago, lettard said:

I'm in Northern Ireland..so there is always something for one side or another to protest about and always religious...it's been a while since it was violent though,in my area the kids that are rioting don't even know why because they don't even know what the NI Protocol is or indeed the Irish Sea Border..its just an excuse for them to wreck,the Good Friday Agreement was 23 years ago and most of the people out rioting are in their early teens,they don't remember anything from those awful years before,its sad that my oldest son wants to leave this country as soon as he old enough because he hates it because of these situations...and I don't blame him,I feel guilty for bringing a family into it..but as I've said we've had 23 years of relative peace.

This should be left to the politicians to sort...as you say everyone is remembering and talking about the violence but finding it difficult to determine why? 

Anyway thats as political as I want to get and hope it stops and we can return to our normal everyday lives asap. Peace

Sorry to hear about the flare up in NI....I read an article about the reasons for this and the writer claimed that the main issues were not religious but poverty, lack of opportunity ,general frustration and a feeling of nothing to lose so the kids are lashing out.....of course everyone seems to have a biased point of view so the writer could be full of shit....

Yeah he probably is, because the poverty and lack of opportunity thing doesn't wash with me,maybe in certain areas,the chances are there now...they just don't want them ,but you will find in them areas that nothing will ever change no matter how much is thrown at it because basically those doing the damage just want to do exactly that,its a cover for them to do it in a way that they feel they won't get caught but allows them their need to destroy,we're light years away from where we were and the town in which I live has had so much put into it both development and infrastructure wise that its unrecognizable from the place that I grew up in,it actually is a beautiful place and we have so much going for us.

General frustration..yes...definately...but in this pandemic where doesn't have that? These same groups of youths have been running around all through our supposed lockdown and yet now they say that theyre doing it out of frustration!

I know that various things from all sides have led to what is happening now,people need to take a step back and let those in the know get us back on steady feet

7 hours ago, lettard said:

Yeah he probably is, because the poverty and lack of opportunity thing doesn't wash with me,maybe in certain areas,the chances are there now...they just don't want them ,but you will find in them areas that nothing will ever change no matter how much is thrown at it because basically those doing the damage just want to do exactly that,its a cover for them to do it in a way that they feel they won't get caught but allows them their need to destroy,we're light years away from where we were and the town in which I live has had so much put into it both development and infrastructure wise that its unrecognizable from the place that I grew up in,it actually is a beautiful place and we have so much going for us.

General frustration..yes...definately...but in this pandemic where doesn't have that? These same groups of youths have been running around all through our supposed lockdown and yet now they say that theyre doing it out of frustration!

I know that various things from all sides have led to what is happening now,people need to take a step back and let those in the know get us back on steady feet

People need to be held accountable for their actions, regardless where your at on the planet, when people start being excluded for various things they have done or not done in which the rest of us are punished if we were to do them, then the balance of civilization starts to tip, and when that happens those who do still get punished, eventually level the playing field back out for everyone else.

• Like 1

I used to think religion was necessary in society to help contain the feeble mind of those who could not deal with their mortality.
I figured that if all religion suddenly disappeared, that people who all go nuts and there would be chaos, and therefore it helped regulate them and keep them all in a safe and warm place, with Jesus or (insert relevant deity here) leading them to heaven (or valhalla, or whatever)

Over time I've come to see the damage that it has done and is doing to society and I think that it really isn't needed or protecting the weak.
Further to that, I would suggest that with our fucking woke, PC life that we all have to live now, it won't belong before promoting any religion ios outlawed.
All it takes is a few people to voice 'their truths' about how the words hurt them.
Would be nice if this happened.
As much as I hate the ability anyone has to effect ridiculous change in the name of PC, would be nice of it did something good for a change...

• 2023 Gold Donors
9 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

I used to think religion was necessary in society to help contain the feeble mind of those who could not deal with their mortality.

I always hoped that religion would help unite people.

Sadly the reality is that people use it to divide us.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, nyoilers said:

I always hoped that religion would help unite people.

Sadly the reality is that people use it to divide us.

People can do whatever they want with their own fiction, it's the people who subscribe to it that are weeding each other out, sadly some of us who dont, are also caught in the crossfire