Wildness - Ultimate Demise

Stefan

10 minutes ago, Tabe said:

Their first album was incredible, easily one of my favorites.  Very disappointed to hear they have a new singer but am hopeful anyway.  Can't wait to hear the album.

Same

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

While waiting for the new album, here's their cover of 'Out In The Fields'.

From the band:

We gathered together in the studio to record and film this song to pay tribute to our fallen heroes Gary Moore and Phil Lynott! Wildness are back with a brand new lineup and we're about to complete our 2nd album that will be released on AOR Heaven later this year.

1 minute ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Is it just my phone, or is his voice mixed fairly low? Can't quite hear what he's singing. 

I think it might be mixed kinda low.

Also, think he starts out trying to sing in a lower register and gets higher as he goes.  I get sort of a Michael Sweet vibe when he gets higher.

To me the singer sounds like he'd have a voice better suited for metal.

It's tough to judge off this though and I'll still give them a listen when new material drops.  But one of the things I really liked about their debut was the unique sound the singer seemed to give them.

It's always tough when singers change.  

Except for H.E.A.T of course :lol:

• 1 month later...

From FB:

Producer Erik Modin reporting from the studio:

"Aaand, it's done!!! Yes, our 2nd album is finally recorded, produced and ready for the final mixing! 
Took us one year and we sure had a few bumps on the road, but now we're finally there! 
Can't wait for you guys to hear this one. 

I want to thank my loyal and bandmates and family members Adam, Pontus, Marcus and Erik Forsberg for doing an amazing job on this album and for all the support when times has been though on us. Also a big thanks to our record label AOR Heaven and to our kickass manager Sebastian Ekblom Bak!

Tracklist, release date, album cover and other useful stuff will be revealed in a while.

Now, it's time for some vacation. Wishing you all an amazing summer, talk soon! 

/ Modin"

Debut is great! Hopefully the singer is good.

• 1 month later...

First single 'Cold Words' from the album 'Ultimate Demise' (out October 30th).

From AOR Heaven:

Wildness was originally intended to be a studio project by drummer and songwriter Erik Modin, but together with guitarists Adam Holmström and Pontus Sköld, and singer Gabriel Lindmark, the project developed into a real band in 2014. The first year, Wildness performed live with various session musicians playing bass before bass player Marcus Sjösund joined in 2016 and the Wildness lineup was complete.

The Swedish band started rehearsing and performing live diligently, and in September 2015 and January 2016 the digital and self-produced singles "Collide" and "Turning The Pages" were released. After the second single, the band got in contact with record company AOR Heaven and was offered a record deal by CEO Georg Siegl.

The band recorded their debut album in 2016 and 2017 with the help of mastermind and producer Erik Wigelius, who handled the production, mixing and mastering of the album. The eponymous debut album was released on November 24th, 2017 and immediately became a great international success among fans of melodic hard rock. In 2018, the band performed at numerous festivals internationally and shared stages with well-known acts such as Dokken, H.E.A.T, Dee Snider, Crashdïet, Dragonforce, Arch Enemy, Warrant, Vixen and others and also had the honor to open for Pretty Maids, among others.

In 2019 the band joined forces with Scream & Shout Music Agency for management and booking, and began working on the sequel to their acclaimed debut album. However, the process came to a halt when singer Gabriel Lindmark left Wildness in the autumn of 2019 due to musical disagreements. After continuing to work on the second album during the rest of 2019, Wildness was finally able to announce Erik Forsberg (ex-Blazon Stone) as their new frontman in the spring of 2020.

The second album, produced entirely by drummer Erik Modin, is named "Ultimate Demise" and is thanks to strong song material, Erik Forsberg's powerful vocals and Erik Wigelius' magnificent mix and master an album to be reckoned within the melodic hard rock universe in 2020!

142617-Wildness-Ultimate-Demise.jpg

Track list:

1. Call Of The Wild 

2. Die Young 

3. Nowhere Land

4. Cold Words

5. Renegades Of Love

6. Falling Into Pieces

7. Burning It Down

8. My Hideaway

9. Denial

10. Borderline

11. The Ultimate Demise

Edited by Stefan

• Stefan changed the title to Wildness - Ultimate Demise

The song peaked enough to keep me interested in hearing more.. still not 100% on the new vocalist. Decent enough song without being amazing. 

Really enjoyed the first album by these fellas. 

I like it. Debut is great and this is a good start for the 2nd one.