Dirty Shirley (George Lynch/Dino Jelusick) - s/t

Stefan

That Here Comes The King is light years better than Dirty Blues, but the production is the saving grace for both as there is gobs of punch and everything is mixed to near perfection.

What was the point of the 2 necked guitar if even during the bridge GL plays the power bit and never touches the 12 string?

Lastly name should have had a bit more fun with and changed up the spelling old skool. For example: Durty Surely!? or some variant thereof.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Out now.

R-14700556-1579908468-9329.jpeg.jpg

1 Here Comes The King

2 Dirty Blues

3 I Disappear

4 The Dying

5 Last Man Standing

6 Siren Song

7 The Voice Of Soul

8 Cold

9 Escalator To Purgatory

10 Higher

11 Grand Master

This is an alternate cut of *Higher' available as a bonus track. I diggit.

Full album:

Heard this and after the first couple of tunes was excited by it,it was the most like a lynch mob album id heard in years,but nah it wasn't really my thing and I was disappointed by it overall if i'm honest,it has some moments but some is about it  :( 

Edited by lettard

29 minutes ago, lettard said:

Heard this and after the first couple of tunes was excited by it,it was the most like a lynch mob album id heard in years,but nah it wasn't really my thing and I was disappointed by it overall if i'm honest,it has some moments but some is about it  :( 

Agreed, Dino sounds great and Lynch has some nice moments as well, but outside of a few solid tracks the album just didn't click for me

9 minutes ago, Crazysam said:

Agreed, Dino sounds great and Lynch has some nice moments as well, but outside of a few solid tracks the album just didn't click for me

I think the problem is that they veer off in all directions music stylewise and I just wise they stayed with bluesy hard rock sound that sounds best.

38 minutes ago, lettard said:

I think the problem is that they veer off in all directions music stylewise and I just wise they stayed with bluesy hard rock sound that sounds best.

Good point, that seems to happen with some projects like this.  Sometimes it can be attributed to a mix of songwriters involved and other times it is just not having worked together for long.  They don't having time to establish an identity so they come in with a variety of ideas and the end product may not flow well or work to their strengths

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, Crazysam said:

Good point, that seems to happen with some projects like this.  Sometimes it can be attributed to a mix of songwriters involved and other times it is just not having worked together for long.  They don't having time to establish an identity so they come in with a variety of ideas and the end product may not flow well or work to their strengths

That's probably truu. 

• My Little Pony
On 1/25/2020 at 12:52 PM, Glen said:

it's not bad actually. Could be a grower but don't expect to be humming it afterwards lol 

I think the kid's voice will carry it more than George's axework. 

I was left quite bored by this one. Good vocals and musicianship. Solid stuff throughout, but I found the songs real bland. Queue the obligatory ballad comment, but the only song I warmed to was 'The Dying.' I thought that was a pretty good number. The rest is a pass for me. 

Lynch had an Ace-In-The-Hole to make a guitar driven rocker with this CD and he fell off the golf cart. Why does he have to tune down so low and play bland trudgy grungy distorted BS? Has he forgotten his roots?

• My Little Pony
13 hours ago, T-BONE said:

Lynch had an Ace-In-The-Hole to make a guitar driven rocker with this CD and he fell off the golf cart. Why does he have to tune down so low and play bland trudgy grungy distorted BS? Has he forgotten his roots?

Haven't a lot of them forgotten their roots? It seems to be the issue we have with most new material from the old boys. 

• 2 months later...