What are your GO-TO albums?

AlphaMale

1 hour ago, AlphaMale said:

It's weird because when I listen to some of those 80's bands that I thought were great back then, I listen now and wonder why I thought they were so great. LOL

Anybody else experience this?

nope

• Like 1

• My Little Pony
2 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

It's weird because when I listen to some of those 80's bands that I thought were great back then, I listen now and wonder why I thought they were so great. LOL

Nope. The complete opposite for me. 

Like tts, I find myself craving new music; however, when I do revisit the old albums my reaction is always the same: "The fuck was I thinking? These are way better!"

1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

nope

Nope

12 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

Enuff Z'nuff for instance. I thought I liked these guys. But when I listen to them now, I'm not nearly getting the enjoyment I did back then.

I could listen to their debut over and over,but other than strength I haven't listened to the others in a while

15 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

Nope, I am taken back to when I used to listen to the music.

A perfect example is Danger Danger
I frothed them, still love listening to all their stuff, but newer Paul and Ted bands kind of sound very D2ish, and even though I should like them more, I struggle.
But I feel that of they were released back in the day, I would have worn them out and they would be entrenched in my head like the rest of the stuff.

14 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

Enuff Z'nuff for instance. I thought I liked these guys. But when I listen to them now, I'm not nearly getting the enjoyment I did back then.

I can see how that might happen for a band like this.
Happens to me every now and then, but after a few songs it all gets better.

Kind of happened today with Jellyfish and Gynger Lynn
Particularly Gynger Lynn, at the time it was amazing, but it's pretty unique type of sound. The closest they come to are Electrik as far as that sound goes for me.
But I slotted back into the 'vibe' soon enough.