Jump to content

Looking for Suggestions


Darkstone
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 2021 Gold Donors

Christian Rock..... The final frontier. The only genre of our music that i've neglected is this one. I love Stryper and Impellitteri, but that's about it. It's funny, I'm quite happy to listen to a song about the Devil, but there's something about Christian music that irks me. I think it's the pretentiousness. No offense to anyone. I guess what I'm after is what you guys consider the absolute cream of the crop when it comes to Christisn Melodic Hard Rock/Metal. Nothing too preachy. Something that you wouldn't necessarily know was Christian Rock unless you wete told. I've heard good things about Guardisn and I like AdrianGale. Is Guardian worth pursuing? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guardian's second album Fire and Love is a good one to check out.  Some of my other favorites would include:

Joshua - Intense Defense, Angelica - S/T, The Brave - Battle Cries, Holy Soldier's first two releases (self titled debut and Last Train) as well as Rage of Angels - S/T (a few members went on to join Steelheart and played on that band's first two albums)

Edited by Crazysam
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Darkstone,

My guess is you're looking for the "less preachy" CCM out there... which can be tough given its very nature.

I second The Brave recommendation; pretty much anything with John Elefante in the production chair, and that includes the several Petra albums he produced (actually, pretty much anything on John & Dino Elefante's Pakaderm Records).

Musically, Ken Tamplin's discography is top notch.

I like quite a bit of White Heart's material, especially Highlands.

The above are very polished melodic/hard rock. If you're looking for something a bit more raw or traditional hard rock, Bloodgood is solid, as is Holy Soldier and Whitecross.

If you like Def Leppard, Nouveaux is recommended.

If you like Iron Maiden, check out Sacred Warrior.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2021 Gold Donors

Checked most out. I like Joshua, Holy Soldier and Barren Cross, but the standout suggestion for me is Nouveaux. Their "Beginnings" album is great.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This was a favorite for me:

 

And this:

This website makes some interesting parallels from "popular rock bands" and christian ones:

https://www.80schristianmetal.com/

 

A couple others worth a listen:

 

Soooooo many more out there that are awesome, sure some can be overly positive and downright preachy but so what.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2021 Gold Donors

Thanks to everyone for the tips. It's all good stuff. I didn't really find anything that blew me away however. I think i'll stick to the Dark side of the force.    :headbanger:  :devil:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just noticed that you love Impellitteri! Check Rob Rock's personal releases (Impellitteri singer) and the Driver ep (killer tape!) with Roy Z! 

 

Check also Narnia! Carl Johan Grimmark is  a killer shredder like Impelitteri  with  Christian Liljegren's flawless vox!  Gawd, I love this Japanese bonus almighty, all-father anthem! Had the vinyl and then got the Jap. pressing of the cd for this! 

 

 

 

Please tell me you know them! Their logo was the 1st tattoo I ever did. Actually the letter W with a fake eyebrows machine!

 

You will love Emerald's Armed for battle. Glamish metal that stood away from the regular maiden/priest worship of the majority of  Xian metal. Their logo was the 2nd tattoo I made!

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2021 Gold Donors
6 hours ago, kourosofsteel3 said:

I just noticed that you love Impellitteri! Check Rob Rock's personal releases (Impellitteri singer) and the Driver ep (killer tape!) with Roy Z! 

 

Check also Narnia! Carl Johan Grimmark is  a killer shredder like Impelitteri  with  Christian Liljegren's flawless vox!  Gawd, I love this Japanese bonus almighty, all-father anthem! Had the vinyl and then got the Jap. pressing of the cd for this! 

 

 

 

Please tell me you know them! Their logo was the 1st tattoo I ever did. Actually the letter W with a fake eyebrows machine!

 

You will love Emerald's Armed for battle. Glamish metal that stood away from the regular maiden/priest worship of the majority of  Xian metal. Their logo was the 2nd tattoo I made!

 

 

 

Thanks mate. I have the Rob Rock solo stuff and Emerald. I didn't realize Emerald were Christian. I'll check out the others.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here is a list of hard rock / AOR CCM discs that I would reccomend to anyone wishing to checkout the genre (outside of Stryper/Michael Sweet obviously :P ) 

As for the "preachiness" of the following CDs, I guess that's in the ear of the beholder... 

 

Bloodgood: Detonation, Rock in a Hard Place, and their most recent Dangerously Close

Bride: Snakes in the Playground (One of the best in the genre!) , Scarecrow Messiah

Crucial Kick - In Your Faith

Eden - Fan the Flame (A must if you enjoy Dokken)

Fear Not - S/T

Holy Saint - S/T

Holy Soldier: S/T and Last Train

Kerygma Child - S/T (Rare and only 4 tracks, but quite good!)

King James - S/T

Legend Seven - Blind Faith

Legend - S/T

Letter 7:  Salt of the Earth, Follow the Light, and Trust

Lex Rex - Beat the Heat 

Love Life - Goodbye Lady Jane

Lovewar - Soak Your Brain

Mass: Voices in the Night, When 2 Worlds Collide

Nouveaux: Beginnings, And This is How I Feel 

Novella: One Big Sky, Liquid Earth

Steven Patrick - Red Reign (Holy Soldier vocalist)

Ransom: S/T, Soul Asylum

Red Sea - Blood

Scarlet Red - Don't Dance With Danger

Shelter - S/T

Shout: It Won't Be Long, In Your Face

Siloam: Sweet Destiny, Dying to Live

Soldier - The Definitive Collection

Tamplin: About any of his early stuff

Vital Sign - S/T

Watchmen - Generation

Whitecross: Any besides Equilibrium and Flytrap

 

:drink: 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Buddy, I notice somewhere that you are a Bowie fan (not myself) and I believe that you will love another favorite band of mine, Saviour Machine. I'm fan since their demo years . Traveled to Germany in 95 just to catch them live (with another favorite Xian band of mine, Veni Domine, although I'm not sure if they fit in your preferences because they are more doom/prog metal). 

 

 

 

 

Check also their bandcamp page where they have a tribute to Bowie (as Eric & Jeff Clayton)

 

https://ericandjeffclayton.bandcamp.com/album/bowie-decade

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • My Little Pony

Saviour Machine has Bandcamp page? I'll have to check that out right away. Did he ever complete the Revelation series?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2021 Gold Donors
7 hours ago, kourosofsteel3 said:

Buddy, I notice somewhere that you are a Bowie fan 

Are you referring to me mate? I wouldn't call myself a Bowie fan per se. I enjoy his hits, but that's about it. Don't know where you got that one from.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Saviour Machine has Bandcamp page? I'll have to check that out right away. Did he ever complete the Revelation series?

There you go, buddy! 

 

https://saviourmachine.bandcamp.com/

 

Revelation was a really great release! There you go...

 

https://www.discogs.com/Saviour-Machine-Rarities-Revelations/release/1966018

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • My Little Pony
On 3/13/2019 at 6:15 AM, kourosofsteel3 said:

There you go, buddy! 

 

https://saviourmachine.bandcamp.com/

 

Revelation was a really great release! There you go...

 

https://www.discogs.com/Saviour-Machine-Rarities-Revelations/release/1966018

Thanks, mate! 

I actually meant the Legend series, which it appears he never completed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 6 months later...
On 3/10/2019 at 12:39 AM, Darkstone said:

Christian Rock..... The final frontier. The only genre of our music that i've neglected is this one. I love Stryper and Impellitteri, but that's about it. It's funny, I'm quite happy to listen to a song about the Devil, but there's something about Christian music that irks me. I think it's the pretentiousness. No offense to anyone. I guess what I'm after is what you guys consider the absolute cream of the crop when it comes to Christisn Melodic Hard Rock/Metal. Nothing too preachy. Something that you wouldn't necessarily know was Christian Rock unless you wete told. I've heard good things about Guardisn and I like AdrianGale. Is Guardian worth pursuing? 

Guardian is definitely worth it!!! I love Christian classic  rock though so don't ask me, sadly 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.