New STATION Release

LV KIX

Look for a new release from Station on April 6, 2018.... that is the date that they are shooting for. Some great songs are about to be unleashed.. especially the title track and first single.

Should be one of the top releases in 2018.

Looking forward to it!  Any idea when the first single might hit?

I was surprised to hear Chris say in a recent interview that All You Need Is A Heartbeat and Never Enough wouldn't be on the new album and those songs would just be stand alone singles.  Both are good songs that I was hoping would be on the album.  Must mean they've got plenty other good songs to leave those off though :)

Either way, looking forward to the album and one of my most anticipated albums this year along.

4 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Looking forward to it!  Any idea when the first single might hit?

I was surprised to hear Chris say in a recent interview that All You Need Is A Heartbeat and Never Enough wouldn't be on the new album and those songs would just be stand alone singles.  Both are good songs that I was hoping would be on the album.  Must mean they've got plenty other good songs to leave those off though :)

Either way, looking forward to the album and one of my most anticipated albums this year along.

"Never Enough" and " All You Need Is A Heartbeat" were released to keep everyone happy while they worked on the new release. I've heard most of the songs that will be on the new release... all top-notch. The video for the new single has been shot and should be released fairly soon. The first single is for a song that I was surprised didn't make the first full length CD. Possibly my favorite Station song ever.

16 minutes ago, LV KIX said:

"Never Enough" and " All You Need Is A Heartbeat" were released to keep everyone happy while they worked on the new release. I've heard most of the songs that will be on the new release... all top-notch. The video for the new single has been shot and should be released fairly soon. The first single is for a song that I was surprised didn't make the first full length CD. Possibly my favorite Station song ever.

Nice!

Was hoping the new album would be out in time for MRF5...Looking forward to seeing the new songs live!

Just now, tts42572 said:

Nice!

Was hoping the new album would be out in time for MRF5...Looking forward to seeing the new songs live!

It will be out before MRF.. I have them playing my annual "M-Pre Party" show in Maryland on Thursday... they plan to drive all night to make MRF on Friday.

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, LV KIX said:

It will be out before MRF.. I have them playing my annual "M-Pre Party" show in Maryland on Thursday... they plan to drive all night to make MRF on Friday.

Shit. That's commitment. 

12 hours ago, Geoff said:

I look forward to this greatly. 

You are going to like this one Geoff.

Everything is recorded and mixed... cover art is finished... Everything looks and sounds great.

1 hour ago, LV KIX said:

Everything is recorded and mixed... cover art is finished... Everything looks and sounds great.

Sticking the knife and and turning it!

Can't wait for this one.

I'm guessing we'll be seeing a new single pretty soon along with preorders opening if they're sticking to their early April release.

Hoping More Than The Moon and Easier Said Than Done made the cut....both of those songs sounded pretty good live.

well that's er...different,its about what the tunes are like at the end of the day though,is there a meaning to the artwork like them being a constellation or such like?

They like simple artwork for sure! Both of their full-length album covers have been almost all blank white with just a dash of something else. Unique approach, but it's definitely the music that matters. Bring on the rock!

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 2:48 PM, tts42572 said:

Sticking the knife and and turning it!

Can't wait for this one.

I'm guessing we'll be seeing a new single pretty soon along with preorders opening if they're sticking to their early April release.

Hoping More Than The Moon and Easier Said Than Done made the cut....both of those songs sounded pretty good live.

The release will be title "More Than The Moon".. Don't worry, you will get "Easier Said Than Done" also.... Look for an April 13th release date. Twelve great tacks in all.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/26/2018 at 9:08 PM, LV KIX said:

The release will be title "More Than The Moon".. Don't worry, you will get "Easier Said Than Done" also.... Look for an April 13th release date. Twelve great tacks in all.

Man, what an awesome track, I'm listening to it for almost an hour (by moving back the button on spotify, ha, no commercials also!):wub::wub::wub::wub:

Listening this morning and sounding good to me. 

I think the title track More Than The Moon is my early favorite and maybe my new favorite Station song. That would be followed in some order by Easier Said Than Done, I Won't Break Your Heart, Always Be A Part Of Me and When I Came Undone.  I do think it sounds a bit more huge than the debut and also is more concise with 12 songs. 

If I have a criticism, it might be that a couple songs feel a tiny bit too long.  I think Lie To Me is close to 7 minutes and Losing You is just over 6 minutes.  And also still disappointed they didn't include All You Need is A Heartbeat on the album as I really like that song and feel like it would've fit well somewhere early in the track list on this.  I hope maybe they include it somewhere in the future as I'd just like to have it in CD quality to listen to.

Tough to say much else at this point though only having been through it once.  I think initially I'm feeling like it's stronger top to bottom than the debut and a solid release.