Revertigo (Mats Levén/Anders Wikström)

Stefan

revertigoband2017_638.jpg

Press release from Frontiers:

BREAKING NEWS: We are proud to announce the signing of Revertigo, the Stockholm, Sweden based duo of Mats Levén (vocals) and Anders Wikström (guitar). Their debut album will be released in early 2018.

As close personal and musical friends for nearly 30 years, Revertigo is the next chapter in an ongoing collaboration between the two culminating with their self-produced new album.

Anders says, ”Mats and I always had an idea of creating something that would celebrate the fact that we really enjoy working together, but with busy separate music careers, it wasn´t until 2016, we sat down and concentrated on new songs with a firm plan”

Adds Mats, ”The fact that we, besides writing for other international artists, hadn´t done a proper album together in 25 years also gave the writing and recording process of Revertigo a purpose.”

In September 2016, a three song demo found it´s way to Frontiers Music Srl, who decided to sign the band on the spot. In between touring activities with Candlemass, Treat, and Trans-Siberian Orchestra, the pair finalized the 11 songs featured on the debut album. All the instruments on the album are played by Mats and Anders, except for the drums, which were performed by their dear friend Thomas Broman (Great King Rat, Michael Schenker Group, Electric Boys). ”Both of us have a strong mutual vision, that´s why we choose to play and sing most of the instruments and parts on the album ourselves,” says Mats. Peter Mansson is responsible for the mixing duties, which took place at Mir Studios in Stockholm and Svante Forsbäck mastered at Chartmakers in Helsinki.

Revertigo´s music itself is a blend of heavy, yet melodic songs paying tribute to their favorite albums and artists from the 70's, 80´s, and up to present day filtered through the chemistry that comes to life when Mats and Anders join forces.

”I love when you get that teenage excitement together over a song idea, and how you hear a finished gem in your head, hence the bands name Revertigo,” says Mats.

”We might not be reinventing the wheel, but we´re certainly putting on fresh tires,” tells Anders.

Revertigo's debut album will be released worldwide in early 2018 through Frontiers Music Srl, with multiple singles and videos preceding the release of the album.

FB

This is not a cover album, is it?

"paying tribute to their favorite albums and artists from the 70's, 80´s, and up to present day"

Still love Mats Leven, but can't even think of his last good output. Whereas Anders Wikström... can't think of any of his output that hasn't been great... so I therefore look forward to this eagerly. It's an exciting prospect. Because of Wikström. ;)

From Frontiers:

On February 23, 2018, we will release the self-titled debut album from Sweden's ReVertigo! Today we unveil the cover and tracklisting, with pre-orders and the first single from the album coming soon!

Revertigo is a Stockholm-based duo formed by Mats Levén on vocals (Therion, Candlemass, Yngwie Malmsteen) and Anders Wikström on guitar (Treat). As close personal and musical friends for nearly 30 years, Revertigo is the next chapter in an ongoing collaboration culminating with the self-produced new album.

TRACKLISTING:

1. Hoodwinked
2. Sailing Stones
3. Symphony Of Fallen Angels
4. The Cause
5. Gate Of The Gods
6. False Flag
7. Unobtainium
8. Luciferian Break Up
9. Joan Of Arc
10. Break Away
11. In Revertigo

25289470_1596993740356671_75680069739062

• 4 weeks later...

Very average tune and crap album cover.

• My Little Pony

By "shotwounds" does he mean bullet wounds? I've never heard of "shotwounds."

Also, I like the artwork. And the song is decent, but the structure is different. It's the kind of song that could grow. 

• 5 weeks later...
4 hours ago, vigilante said:

Not bad. Sounds a lot like Treat's last album. I can easily imagine Robert Ernlund singing this one. 

Definitely better than the last single, and yes it could have been on GOG.

• 3 weeks later...