Funkified Karpet Ryde: Euro Trip 2

KarpetRydOFunk

• My Little Pony

Warning! My European friends, I will be in your neighbourhood!

I'm planning my return to Europe next year. Probably June. Probably a month. Maybe two. My friend is currently studying abroad in Sweden, so the plan is to go visit him, but that's really just a facade. I really just wanna see all my favourite Swedish bands that'll never tour Canada. ;}

OK, I'm still in the early planning stage, so I just wanted to get some feedback from you lot. I'm aiming for June, because I'd like to hit Sweden Rock Fest. How is the fest? Have any of you been? Are any of you going? Is it worth it? Is VIP worth it? What are the accommodations like? Do tickets sell out? How quickly should I purchase mine?

After the fest I would go up north to Stockholm to hang out with my mate. I just saw Grand Design saying they'll be playing their first ever Stockholm show soon. Is the AOR scene not that big in the capital? If so, which cities should I be interested in?

Stefan, should I bother with your country? ;}

What are the other neighbouring countries like? I want to maximise my time, while I'm there. Especially considering those Scandinavian countries are so expensive.

I also have to go back to England. I have a friend I'd like to visit in Essex.

I might have to increase my trip to two months. I'm clearly still working everything out. I might go visit friends in Germany. I dunno. I'd rather stay rooted in one place at a time (Stockholm, Essex) and then do day trips. Adding more countries might end up being too expensive, and, when I backpacked 8 years ago I found I didn't do enough places justice.

And, of course, I'm definitely interested in meeting up with any of you for a pint or two. Might have to go check out this Cain Rising band I've heard about. ;}

Anyway, your advice would be much appreciated. Perhaps I should start a Go Fund Me project, as your money would be even more appreciated. Heh.

• My Little Pony

I'll fund you! Do you take closed fists across the jaw?

Any time you wanna show up and make a 'donation' I'll be here waiting. ;}

Whereabouts in Essex does your friend live?

I'll fund you! Do you take closed fists across the jaw?

Any time you wanna show up and make a 'donation' I'll be here waiting. ;}

Fund it, and I'm there. Let's do this thing, amirite?

• My Little Pony

I've been 3 times at Sweden Rock Festival. Still my absolute fave one, by a country mile! I can't give you more accurate +updated info because it's been ages since my last visit there!

What sets it above the rest?

I'm planning my return to Europe next year. Probably June. Probably a month. Maybe two. My friend is currently studying abroad in Sweden, so the plan is to go visit him, but that's really just a facade. I really just wanna see all my favourite Swedish bands that'll never tour Canada. ;}

OK, I'm still in the early planning stage, so I just wanted to get some feedback from you lot. I'm aiming for June, because I'd like to hit Sweden Rock Fest. How is the fest? Have any of you been? Are any of you going? Is it worth it? Is VIP worth it? What are the accommodations like? Do tickets sell out? How quickly should I purchase mine?

After the fest I would go up north to Stockholm to hang out with my mate. I just saw Grand Design saying they'll be playing their first ever Stockholm show soon. Is the AOR scene not that big in the capital? If so, which cities should I be interested in?

What are the other neighbouring countries like? I want to maximise my time, while I'm there. Especially considering those Scandinavian countries are so expensive.

I might have to increase my trip to two months. I'm clearly still working everything out. I might go visit friends in Germany. I dunno. I'd rather stay rooted in one place at a time (Stockholm, Essex) and then do day trips. Adding more countries might end up being too expensive, and, when I backpacked 8 years ago I found I didn't do enough places justice.

And, of course, I'm definitely interested in meeting up with any of you for a pint or two. Might have to go check out this Cain Rising band I've heard about. ;}

Anyway, your advice would be much appreciated. Perhaps I should start a Go Fund Me project, as your money would be even more appreciated. Heh.

Damn.... a 10 country tour? Need somebody to watch your mansion while you're gone? :)

I am about to move to the curb nearest me. :(

• My Little Pony

Damn.... a 10 country tour? Need somebody to watch your mansion while you're gone? :)

You wanna come house sit my Hobbit hole?

:lol:

Does it come with cable TV and a kickass sound system??

• My Little Pony

:lol:

Does it come with cable TV and a kickass sound system??

Actually, yes. My landlords just had cable installed. I have no idea how it works, or what channels there are, but you'd figure it out.

It's been many years since I went to Sweden Rock but if Blackmore comes I might go. I live in the middle parts of Sweden so it's a long way to go down south. Let me know when and if you are in Stockholm, I use to go there during the vacation in the end of June/July.

Best regards, Thomas

• 1 month later...
  • My Little Pony

Where's the update on this? Or did you decide to come to the USA ?

Our terrible Canadian dollar is putting a hold on things. I'm waiting to see if it bounces back a bit. I'm also waiting for WestJet to offer $299 flights to London, like they promised.

I've kinda made up my mind about going, so I'll probably still go. But it'll likely be much shorter than I originally planned.

Keep the USA as a 2nd option.With gas prices being cheap here I figure airfare should follow.

Assuming Canada is similar to Australia in terms of exchange rates (which it is), the US is basically off limits for travel too. Even if he/we can get there "cheap," the exchange rate is so wretched at the moment we have to hand over a limb with each cash transaction. After the exchange rate, gas would not be cheap, nor would any single expense over there.

Exchange rate woes have more or less completely halted any CD purchases from me until things improve, is they do.

• My Little Pony

Keep the USA as a 2nd option.With gas prices being cheap here I figure airfare should follow.

Assuming Canada is similar to Australia in terms of exchange rates (which it is), the US is basically off limits for travel too. Even if he/we can get there "cheap," the exchange rate is so wretched at the moment we have to hand over a limb with each cash transaction. After the exchange rate, gas would not be cheap, nor would any single expense over there.

Exchange rate woes have more or less completely halted any CD purchases from me until things improve, is they do.

Yup. Pretty much.