Hello

CureTheSane

Thought I'd try out this forum as the one I've been using is kinda dead.

My name is Martin, and I'm from Melbourne, Australia

Lok forward to finding some new music and talking about the old. :)

Thought I'd try out this forum as the one I've been using is kinda dead.

My name is Martin, and I'm from Melbourne, Australia

Lok forward to finding some new music and talking about the old. :)

Sleazeroxx not doing it for you any more?

But there's just so many song games!!!!

I end up doing song games waiting for music content.

There have been a few times where people have posted "why is the forum dying" and I post a screenshot which is all games and traded and if you make a music post it generally gets ignored so what's the point?

Also very cliquey, and since there not so many people there any more that kinda takes over a lot.

Now to get me an avatar :)

You'll find a hell of a lot more wide spread music variety on here compared to sleazeroxx. People here a far more prepared to look abroad, look at new stuff, and open to suggestions. Whilst I have loved the sleazeroxx board for years, I have found it a bit too much "the original stuff from the 80s is so much better than this new poser shit".

Welcome from Bris/GC!

Agree with you about the cliqueyness of Sleaze Roxx - found it hard to fit in over there and generally not very open minded when it comes to music.

Haha, yeah the avatar thing was a success. Anyway, get nude and break stuff and welcome aboard. Sydney-sider here... kind of.

Do any of you Melbourne ites, buy your stuff at Radical in Dandenong ? I am in there most days helping out, come say hello. Jules of White Widdow is one of famous buyers, along with Dave of Deadthings.

Apparently SR is redoing the website.

What they should have done is let people know what was going on more.

I ended up not posting music threads because it was a waste of time.

And most new people who ventured in weren't welcomed, but instead received the "fuck off, nobody wants you here" type thing which they thought was hilarious, but nobody really stuck around.

A few came over from Sludge and brought their shtick with them, which also helped kill things off.

Not sure how they will save it now because its basically a little social club of back patting.

I went there when Metal Edge died and skid started up that board.

Now skid is retiring and passing over the site.

Anyway, I like it here, everyone seems pretty cool. :)

• 2023 Gold Donors

Great ! There's a Martinsane and I thought that was you and you were cured ! I myself was growing tired of someone pretending to be someone they're not and also of the 50+ year old guy living with his Dad telling us how we all live in a trailor.I didn't know Skid was retiring...

That martinsane was kinda weird for me.

At first I thought it was someone taking the piss, but I never really had anything to do with them.

Way back on the Metal Edge forums I started as cure21, and then I found out that many people thought I was a huge Cure fan so I changed my name to the extended version.

Been CureTheSane and only that since :)

Do any of you Melbourne ites, buy your stuff at Radical in Dandenong ? I am in there most days helping out, come say hello. Jules of White Widdow is one of famous buyers, along with Dave of Deadthings.

My mate shops there and has for years.