So who's gunna do what to whom in the NFL this year?

heavyharmonies

I'm cautiously optimistic about my Eagles based on what I saw in the preseason. I don't expect Foles to have the stellar year he did last year; that just isn't likely. I predict a bit of a sophomore slump (as in he might have 4 or 5 interceptions this year :D ). If they've improved at all on defense, which was their achilles heel in 2013, this should be a good season, especially given what the rest of the NFC East is supposed to be like:

Deadskins: mediocre, might get 9 wins if they are lucky.

Giants: 8-8 tops.

Cowgirls: BWAHAHAHAHAHA! I expect full on implosion.

I was really surprised in just how pathetic Green Bay looked last night. Rodgers behaved like a spoiled bitch and they didn't even attemp to throw to Richard Sherman's side of the field. Way to phone it in right out of the gate.

Broncos might fall back to earth a bit this year, dunno. Same for the Chefs by many accounts.

A lot of people are picking Tampa Bay to do better than expected; they're a dark horse for a wild card.

Prognostications?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baltimore? yikes

Sadly I am a cowboys fan....Prediction 8-8 if Romo says healthy. There defense is bad. They will need to light it up offensively.

I thought Greenbay never tried to establish the run, which you must have against Seatle. Very few screens too. Lacy was as usual under utilized and then he got hurt. I was so angry Green bay never tried to attack Sherman. He is over hyped and a thug. Well really most of seatle's team is. So much for the league cracking down on the Defensice hand checking though. What a joke. As long as Seatle is allowed to maul recievers they will win another superbowl which makes me gag. You heard it here!

Mike

I'm cautiously optimistic about my Eagles based on what I saw in the preseason. I don't expect Foles to have the stellar year he did last year; that just isn't likely. I predict a bit of a sophomore slump (as in he might have 4 or 5 interceptions this year :D ). If they've improved at all on defense, which was their achilles heel in 2013, this should be a good season, especially given what the rest of the NFC East is supposed to be like:Deadskins: mediocre, might get 9 wins if they are lucky.Giants: 8-8 tops.Cowgirls: BWAHAHAHAHAHA! I expect full on implosion.I was really surprised in just how pathetic Green Bay looked last night. Rodgers behaved like a spoiled bitch and they didn't even attemp to throw to Richard Sherman's side of the field. Way to phone it in right out of the gate.Broncos might fall back to earth a bit this year, dunno. Same for the Chefs by many accounts.A lot of people are picking Tampa Bay to do better than expected; they're a dark horse for a wild card.Prognostications?

My Chiefs will be 7-9 or 8-8 at best due to Oline and corner woes combined with a top 5 difficult schedule. That being said...7-9 or 8-8 will get someone in the playoffs in the AFC this year.

My team is the Bucs and I'm hoping for great things but even if they made the playoffs they are in big trouble in the NFC.

The NFC is way stronger than the AFC, not even close. The AFC West is awesome and either the 49ers, the Seahawks or even the Cardinals can win it. Even after a week one lose I still think the Packers are the team to beat in the AFC North. The AFC south will be another great one, I think the Saints will be good, the Bucs better. I pretty much hate all the Teams in the NFC East...so no soup for you!

In the AFC, I hope the Bengals finally breakthrough and win in the playoffs, the rest of the AFC North should be weak. I'm sick of Brady yet the Pats are always good, maybe the Dolphins will surprise in The AFC East. In the AFC West, Peyton Manning will keep on winning, the Chiefs are not gonna have the record they did last year. The Colts should be the class of the AFC South and I think Luck will have a breakout year and go deep in the playoffs.

Shocker....but I would not be surprised if the Super bowl were the same two teams as last year.

I love passing, but I miss the down and dirty running game. Lets hope run plays don't further disappear this year.

The NFL can't have a weirder season than the CFL, the Canadian Football league. The Western division teams (5 teams) are 35-14 and the East (4 teams) are 8-29. I live in the East....sad year for the teams around here.

Well so much for my feeling optimistic about the Eagles. They look like fucking dogshit.

EDIT: Apparently Chip Kelly handed out some competance pills at halftime... talk about 2 different teams in each half.

Baltimore Ravens vs Seattle Seahawks in the Super Bowl

Book it!

Not if they can't win in their division...

I'd like the Steelers to play well, they did get a division win today, but tried REAL hard to lose it in the second half... but hey a "W" is win.

If Seattle keeps playing like they did on Thursday they will have NO trouble securing a playoff if not superbowl run.

I think Detroit will surprise folks this year...

It's Foles first year as a starter he will go through some growing pains, the defense is what I'm worried about once again they did not address the corner or safety positions in the draft.

Seattle looks really tough to beat and the Steelers looked very good but it was against the Browns.

What's up with the Vikings and Dolphins are they for real?

Two weeks, two 14+ point comeback wins... the birds are not making life easy on the fans, but I'll take it.

I'm wondering why New Orleans let Darren Sproles go for a 5th round draft pick. The dude is a monster and a PERFECT fit for Chip Kelly's offense. If I had him on a fantasy team, I'd be giggling hysterically. I remember when the trade happened and some of the fans over on the Eagles board whining because "he's too small" and "he's over the hill, past his prime". Shit, I'll take that "past his prime" any day.

Two weeks, two 14+ point comeback wins... the birds are not making life easy on the fans, but I'll take it.

I'm wondering why New Orleans let Darren Sproles go for a 5th round draft pick. The dude is a monster and a PERFECT fit for Chip Kelly's offense. If I had him on a fantasy team, I'd be giggling hysterically. I remember when the trade happened and some of the fans over on the Eagles board whining because "he's too small" and "he's over the hill, past his prime". Shit, I'll take that "past his prime" any day.

Agreed, he looks ridiculously good.

Phily and Chicago are being rather impressive in the comeback victory department.

I don't see Philly beating the 49'ers this weekend, not with only two starting offensive linemen, and they can't stop anybody on defense.

What is up with Tom Brady? Dude can't throw his way out of a wet paper bag this year...looks like retirement in the near future.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...