Mr. Big - The Stories We Could Tell

Stefan

I know not everyone liked 2011's 'What If', but I thought it was a terrific disc, so more of the same please.

This is one of those bands that I always thought I should love but never got into for some reason....their 1st 2 releases (S/T & Lean Into It) were okay but nothing great.....I have them on cassette somewhere and haven't bothered to pick up cd versions....to each their own I guess....

I first saw Mr. Big with Hardline in Salem, Oregon sometime around Labor Day 1992 if I remember correctly.

I'd never heard either band prior to that evening, and was unaware Schon was in Hardline. Needless to say they both bands kicked MAJOR ass and I've been a fan (of both) ever since.

I've fallen off the Mr. Big bandwagon for a while, but I think it's time to get back on...

• My Little Pony

I thought that cover looked similar to their last, but, after checking, they do not. But wasn't there a band that released an album last year with the same background on their cover? Maybe a Sleaze band?

The thing with Mr Big is that if you made a 10 song compilation of the 10 best songs of every artist you own, I truly believe Mr Big would be right up the top of the pack with an utterly brilliant 10 songs taken from the span of all their releases.

But that said, album for album, their discography is very weak. Every album, though, does have at least 2-3 amazing songs. I expect about the same from the new disc. 2-3 great songs and a banquet of fillers. I hope I'm wrong, and regardless of how many weak songs they record, I will still check out the new disc, which says a lot about when they do get it right (rare as it is).

Artwork for the new album:

mrbig-thestorieswecouldtell_1.jpg

Tracklist:

1. Gotta Love The Ride

2. I Forget To Breath

3. Fragile

4. Satisfied

5. The Man Who Has Everything

6. The Monster In Me

7. What If We Were New?

8. East/West

9. The Light Of Day

10. Just Let Your Heart Decide

11. It´s Always About That Girl

12. Cinderella Smile

13. The Stories We Could Tell

The first three are very strong I guess, after that, maybe half fillers half killers, but the last album I think is quite strong, probably only 2-3 songs I dislike, well if this is like the previous, I'll be a happy man

Artwork for the new album:

mrbig-thestorieswecouldtell_1.jpg

Tracklist:

1. Gotta Love The Ride

2. I Forget To Breath

3. Fragile

4. Satisfied

5. The Man Who Has Everything

6. The Monster In Me

7. What If We Were New?

8. East/West

9. The Light Of Day

10. Just Let Your Heart Decide

11. It´s Always About That Girl

12. Cinderella Smile

13. The Stories We Could Tell

That is a really bad cover...I

prefer the pig from the last one...

Im guessing this will have a couple of great songs and a bunch of forgettable stuff just like the last.

• 2 weeks later...

Andrew over at Melodic Rock.com gives a track by track preview. From reading those previews, I'm going to stay away as far as I can from this one. Words like bluesy, slow/mid-tempo, restrained chorus and 70's groove/blues are used to describe the tracks.

In other words the new Mr.Big is a ''70's blues based release chalk full of mid-tempo tracks with groove and restraint choruses.``

Wow that sounds terrible!

Andrew over at Melodic Rock.com gives a track by track preview. From reading those previews, I'm going to stay away as far as I can from this one. Words like bluesy, slow/mid-tempo, restrained chorus and 70's groove/blues are used to describe the tracks.

In other words the new Mr.Big is a ''70's blues based release chalk full of mid-tempo tracks with groove and restraint choruses.``

Right

• My Little Pony

Right

I don't necessarily hate that. We'll see.

Every album is amazing from this band. All of them...I don't understand how there is a few amazing songs and that's it? I'm not listening to clips of this one but I will buy it for sure!

• 2 weeks later...