VEGA - Stereo Messiah (2014)

Nightrain

vega-2014.jpg

back again with Frontiers Records, and new album will be out by fall 2014

Very exciting news, 2 strong albums and hope the third one's also equal !

I'm pretty confident this will be top-5 candidate of this year

And looks like Joe Elliot has given them a rare Leppard track for the new album according to MR.com and he's also gonna be singing together with Nick. Harry Hess will be mastering this album

Roll on October

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonderful news. Top slot for the year is still well and truly up for the taking, so let's see if the kids can make it two years in a row for me. I sure hope so...

I don't know, the 2 main bands that people here rave about I just can't get into(not saying they are not good or can't pick out a song or 2 that I like)but Vega and Work Of Art just do nothing for me.

Maybe because you like your music rough and heavy bro, I see you don't like AOR or too-melodic / too-sugary type of music maybe.

Probably bands like SANTA CRUZ and EDEN'S CURSE are for you

Maybe because you like your music rough and heavy bro, I see you don't like AOR or too-melodic / too-sugary type of music maybe.

Probably bands like SANTA CRUZ and EDEN'S CURSE are for you

I get what you're saying,but not true. Melodic Rock is my Favorite. W.E.T.,H.E.A.T are 2 of my favorites. I do like a little more crunch I guess. I'm middle ground guy ,not too lite and not too heavy.

To me Work Of Art is waaaayyyy better than Vega. I actually got tired of Vega and Nick Workman's voice irritates me and I will not buy anymore Vega releases.

• 1 month later...

I really liked Vega's debut CD, but just couldn't get into the second one. For me it simply didn't have that one bombastic track to draw me in.

I admit I'm very discriminating judge, but I'll keep an open mind until I've actually heard something from this one. Unfortunately I keep going back to the old adage... You have an entire lifetime to write a debut, but a very short time for each of the follow-ups.

Hoping for the best. We'll see.

Vega is an acquired taste mainly because of Wokmans querky vocal style.

The last 2 albums have been really good without being killer. Hoping that this will be their crowning glory.

I think I like the new single more than any of the songs off the 2nd album, who else feels this way?

No.

Its a solid song, but I expect there to be some much bigger choruses on the album.

Pretty much confirmed this is the case too by Andrew McNeice :-)

From blabbermouth.net:

British melodic rockers VEGA will release their third studio album, "Stereo Messiah", on October 17 in Europe and October 21 in North America via Frontiers. The CD marks the band's return to the label, after the release of their debut album, "Kiss Of Life" in December 2010. The new recording features 12 songs that rock from start to finish and will leave you wanting more! It also includes the track "10 X Bigger Than Love" which DEF LEPPARD singer Joe Elliott gave VEGA to record. He also appears in the tune dueting with VEGA singer Nick Workman.

"Stereo Messiah" was recorded over 14 days in two sessions. The hard work was completed at Outhouse Studios in Reading, home to IT BITES frontman John Mitchell. John worked with the band as the sixth member and helped VEGA achieve their most accomplished album to date. Once the CD was recorded, John completed the mixing process and then passed the bat on to HAREM SCAREM's Harry Hess, who mastered the album at his studio in Canada.

Frontiers will release a specially priced reissue of VEGA's second album, "What the Hell!", complete with a previously unreleased bonus track titled "Skin Deep".
vega-stereomessiah500.jpg
Tracklist:

01. Stereo Messiah
02. All Or Nothing
03. Wherever We Are
04. Ballad Of The Broken Hearted
05. Gonna Need Some Love Tonight
06. The Fall
07. Neon Heart
08. With Both Hands
09. 10 X Bigger Than Love
10. My Anarchy
11. The Wild, The Weird, The Wonderful
12. Tears Never Dry

Killer tune. Sounds a bit beefier to me too. Good ballsy sound and a nice drum sound. I was already excited about the CD, but maybe even a little more now. Released today, I'm sure it'd crucify anything released so far in 2014.

Killer tune. Sounds a bit beefier to me too. Good ballsy sound and a nice drum sound. I was already excited about the CD, but maybe even a little more now. Released today, I'm sure it'd crucify anything released so far in 2014.

'crucify' may be a little ott, but yeah I expect this to be good.