VEGA - Stereo Messiah (2014)

Nightrain

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nick > (Leckremo + GunSNRoses + Lemmy + Kiss + Dio + Venom + Ac/dc + Rush + Mustaine + saxon+ Bruce Bruce + You name it) :tumbsup:

Very random, but true. Can't wait for the new one either. Absolutely love this band.

Nick > (Leckremo + GunSNRoses + Lemmy + Kiss + Dio + Venom + Ac/dc + Rush + Mustaine + saxon+ Bruce Bruce + You name it) :tumbsup:

Very random, but true. Can't wait for the new one either. Absolutely love this band.

agreed apart from Nick > Dio which is a ludicrous statement.

RJD = probably the greatest rock vocalist in history

:agree:

I know Magnum have history on their side, but fancy a band as fantastic as Vega supporting a band as currently terrible as Magnum is...

I know Magnum have history on their side, but fancy a band as fantastic as Vega supporting a band as currently terrible as Magnum is...

yeah but the crowd will be full of old fossils (nearly as old as Bob) who will stand there (statue like) with folded arms throughout the whole of Vega and go mad when Magnum play.

So Magnum will be just fine.

In truth, Magnum gigs from back in day were absolutely awesome, especially in small venues.....but the last time I saw them was on Alice disc I think ....so like 9 years ago and Catley looked like something out of Lord Of The Rings then, so God only knows what he looks and sounds like now ;-)

yeah but the crowd will be full of old fossils (nearly as old as Bob) who will stand there (statue like) with folded arms throughout the whole of Vega and go mad when Magnum play.

So Magnum will be just fine.

In truth, Magnum gigs from back in day were absolutely awesome, especially in small venues.....but the last time I saw them was on Alice disc I think ....so like 9 years ago and Catley looked like something out of Lord Of The Rings then, so God only knows what he looks and sounds like now ;-)

I'd give a leg and an arm to see Magnum performing live tracks from my beloved Alice... If only I could survive Vega!

disagree on Leckremo, Axl Rose, Dio, and Bruce Dickinson, well the rest are okay :D

disagree on Leckremo, Axl Rose, Dio, and Bruce Dickinson, well the rest are okay :D

I would probably agree about Dickinson at his peak, but he sounds like strained drunk cat these days :(

As for Leckremo....I like his vocals but would always take a US/Brit (and by Brit I mean someone who doesn't sing in their dialect!! Like for example Overland, Wharton, Workman etc) non accented (to me!) voice over an accented Euro voice.

Oh, and as for Rose, his voice fits GnR perfectly, but is he a great vocalist?? I think not....pretty nasal and whiny to these ears.

I love Axl Rose, but he is an awful singer, lol.

• 3 months later...

Does anyone else think the Def Leppard tune was a huge mistake on this album.

It's not horrible, but so out of style with the rest of the album.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Another Robert Mason post, but this time I really do feel a connection with it. I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but my name is Dustin.  Everybody calls me Dusty, so when I saw the new Warrant album (Rockaholic) featured not only one of my favourite vocalists, but also included a track called Dusty's Revenge, I couldn't believe it. I then find out that it's a concept album about a "Rockaholic" called Dusty. For obvious reasons, I love this album. Here's a couple of tracks.      
    • Harpsichord.    I thought of it and it was random, so there you go.
    • From their FB page: Alcatrazz wish to make the following announcement: Back in late 2020 the brilliant Doogie White came in to help us out with our then already booked live dates after the departure of the previous vocalist (those dates were ultimately postponed to late 2021 due to the Covid lockdowns). We all had a GREAT time...and thus, one thing led to another and before we knew it we had made two fantastic albums and toured considerably in a nearly 4 year period. Now our schedule is getting busier and busier, as is Doogie's with his very fine solo work... and with that, the inevitable clashing of dates in our respective diaries, and needless to say, the impossibility of him being able to be in two places at one time. We remain on very very good terms with Doogie and cannot thank him enough for his contributions to the band, he is very welcome on our stage anytime, as are all past Alcatrazz alumni. Current Warlord vocalist and someone already known to many Alcatrazz fans (as co-producer and also contributing songwriter for Alcatrazz's past 3 albums) Giles Lavery will be stepping up for the 2024 live dates - and with that we will be reintroducing many songs from the Alcatrazz past, including some not played in many years. Giles's first show is 22nd of March in New Orleans, lets all make him feel welcome and please lets also give a massive thank you to our dear friend Doogie White for everything he gave to this band since 2020, he is a true pro and a great person! Doogie has a video message to the fans that we will share later today as well. Jimmy, Gary, Joe, Larry.
    • Maybe it's because I've heard GnR a couple thousand times by now, but I much prefer "Fall to Pieces" by Velvet Revolver over "Sweet Child o Mine" at this point in my life.   
    • I'll have to investigate that Durbin. I'd count Striker and Mick Mars among the best metal releases as well now that I think about it. 
    • Haven't picked up Saxon yet, but as far as metal goes, I love the new Durbin album as well.
    • I wasn’t thrilled with the singles as they came out, other than “The Serpent and the King”, but I’ll be damned if they haven’t grown on me while listening to them as part of the cohesive package that is “Invincible Shield”. I broke down and picked up the Target exclusive to get the three bonus tracks, and I enjoy them too. Overall, a damn fine addition to the JP discography. Is it better than “Firepower“? I’m not there yet, but time will tell. 🤔 This one and Saxon have set the bar pretty high for metal this year. 👍
    • Agree with this. Though I think you should check out Firepower. You can get it real cheap new everywhere. It is molten. I'm also enjoying Invincible very much and 2024 new music as a whole.
    • I remember my early days on the internet joining a group on Yahoo (yeah thats how long ago it was) and the woman who created the group was trying to persaude me how great Creed was, so much so that she sent me the first two albums on CD. I had no idea what they sounded like. When I played them all I could think is that they sounded like Pearl Jam, and I fucking hate Pearl Jam. I ended up trading them for something better. I can't remember the ins and outs of it, but I somehow shared my CD collection online and she noticed straight away that the Creed CDs were not listed. She asked me why and I said I sold them as really did not like them, and got something I did like. She never spoke to me again after that

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.