Quiet Riot new vocalist

darin

Quiet Riot have announced that Jizzy Pearl will replace Scott Vokoun as the band's vocalist and are currently working on a new studio album. Pearl is best know for his work with Love/Hate, L.A. Guns and Ratt.

"Quiet Riot is pleased to announce the addition of Love/Hate vocalist Jizzy Pearl, who will perform his debut Quiet Riot show on New Years Eve December 31 in Flagstaff, Arizona," said the band in a statement. "We are thrilled with the new addition and welcome Jizzy to the Quiet Riot family. The band is currently in the recording studio with Jizzy in preparation for the release of a new Quiet Riot CD in early 2014. Quiet Riot and Scott Vokoun have parted company amicably and thank Scott for his past dedication and wish him much continued success."

The new album will be the band's first since 2006's 'Rehab', which featured deceased original vocalist Kevin DuBrow. Since DuBrow's death in 2007 due to a cocaine overdose Quiet Riot have enlisted the help of several singers including Mark Huff, Keith St. John, Scott Vokoun, and now Jizzy Pearl. Rounding out this version of Quiet Riot is drummer Frankie Banali, bassist Chuck Wright and guitarist Alex Grossi.

Pearl is also set to release a new Love/Hate album entitled 'Crucified'. Due for release in January of 2014, 'Crucified' represents the first Love/Hate record of all-original music in years. As the only remaining original member of Love/Hate, Pearl has been working in Las Vegas with such musicians as Great White's Michael Lardie, former L.A. Guns bassist Mark 'Muddy' Dutton, drummer Matt Starr and Mike Szuter, on the album.

Quiet Riot is best know for 1983's 'Metal Health', the first heavy metal album to reach #1 on the Billboard charts on its way to selling over six million copies. The album was propelled by the top 5 single "Cum On Feel The Noize" and the top 40 follow-up title track.

Courtesy of www.sleazeroxx.com

(Rolls eyes)

Memo to Frankie Banali:

STOP. For the love of God. Please, just STOP.

Any one interested in the new Love/Hate disc? He's the only original member on it I heard.

I was, until I learned that Jizzy is the only original L/H member on it. Apparently Jon E. Love is talking about suing him for using the Love/Hate name for "his solo shit."

Not got the voice for Quiet Riot,if they want a new singer they should get Paul Shortino back.

Even if they called Shortino, I'd hope he would be smart enough to say "no."

Good god no. The Shortino album sounded nothing like Quiet Riot.

It didn't but it is better than 90% of what they released. I would take Shortino in a heartbeat!

Nah. I will take any DuBrow fronted album over that one. Not a terrible album, but it does absolutely nothing for me. Weak songs and nothing even remotely in common with the Quiet Riot sound, which is the point. I listen to Quiet Riot to hear Quiet Riot, not Shortino.

I thought at the time of DuBrow's untimely demise the rest of the guys said there would never be a QR without DuBrow on vocals (again) hence hinting it was over for them. It's a sad thing and and I understand these guys have bills to pay and this is probably the only way they can get those bills paid... but the dead horse is well and truly beat. And I agree... Jizzy Pearl - no. He needs to stop invading otherwise good 80's bands.

I thought at the time of DuBrow's untimely demise the rest of the guys said there would never be a QR without DuBrow on vocals (again) hence hinting it was over for them. It's a sad thing and and I understand these guys have bills to pay and this is probably the only way they can get those bills paid... but the dead horse is well and truly beat. And I agree... Jizzy Pearl - no. He needs to stop invading otherwise good 80's bands.

I agree Geoff

I thought at the time of DuBrow's untimely demise the rest of the guys said there would never be a QR without DuBrow on vocals (again) hence hinting it was over for them.

If memory serves, Kevin's mother gave Banali her blessing to continue using the QR name....for better or worse, it seems.

Good God, no! Why do some bands insist on dragging their name through the mud like this? Without DuBrow, it isn't Quiet Riot ... what next? Jizzy Pearl to join Dokken? Jeez ...

It didn't but it is better than 90% of what they released. I would take Shortino in a heartbeat!

Nah. I will take any DuBrow fronted album over that one. Not a terrible album, but it does absolutely nothing for me. Weak songs and nothing even remotely in common with the Quiet Riot sound, which is the point. I listen to Quiet Riot to hear Quiet Riot, not Shortino.

Other than the near perfect Metal Health, I will take the Shortino album over the rest. There's nothing weak about that album at all. Motley Crue wasn't Motley Crue with Corabi either but most hardcore fans will tell you that album kicks ass, regardless of the singer. Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of the original groups trying to keep their original singer. But in this case, the album released in 1988 with Shortino in his prime was filler free. Sure you could make an argument that QR III and Terrified had their moments but I wouldn't pick them over the ST album. And jesus...Critical Condition was lame as hell and doesn't really leave me questioning why they fell so hard from grace.

I liked the disc with Shortino too. No QR album truly blows me away, but I like the band and enjoy what they did. If I listed their albums in preference, I think the Shortino one would be high in the list... but like everyone, I prefer my bands with their original members regardless (except Britney Fox, haha).

Other than the near perfect Metal Health, I will take the Shortino album over the rest. There's nothing weak about that album at all. Motley Crue wasn't Motley Crue with Corabi either but most hardcore fans will tell you that album kicks ass, regardless of the singer. Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of the original groups trying to keep their original singer. But in this case, the album released in 1988 with Shortino in his prime was filler free. Sure you could make an argument that QR III and Terrified had their moments but I wouldn't pick them over the ST album. And jesus...Critical Condition was lame as hell and doesn't really leave me questioning why they fell so hard from grace.

Yes, but as a massive Motley fan (they are one of my top two bands ever) I will out and out say as much as I loved the self titled album, it should never have been released as a Crue album.

Same with QR. It should never have been released under the name Quiet Riot.

The difference with those two bands though is that the Corabi album was amazing, the Shortino album didnt have a single song on it that I gave a damn about, and I am not what you would call a mental QR fan. And what made it even worse with that album is that there wasnt a single original member on that album. It had no right being called Quiet Riot, just as the band with Jizzy has no right.

Looks like I'm the only one who says.. "So What..?" If Banali wants Jizzy to front Quiet Riot it is his choice. Just as you have the choice whether or not to support the band. I'm not going to write off the new QR release before I ever hear it. I'll give it a fair listen and then decide if I like it or not. I thought it was all about the music.. not the name of the band.

How is replacing a singer any different than a football team replacing a quarterback? Once Brady in replaced in New England or Rothensburger replaced in Pitt those teams will continue onward.. and I can promise they will not change their name. When Faurve left Green Bay the team kept the name and nobody complained.

If I like the music I will support the band... That is the bottom line.