Quiet Riot new vocalist

darin

Good god no. The Shortino album sounded nothing like Quiet Riot.

It didn't but it is better than 90% of what they released. I would take Shortino in a heartbeat!

Nah. I will take any DuBrow fronted album over that one. Not a terrible album, but it does absolutely nothing for me. Weak songs and nothing even remotely in common with the Quiet Riot sound, which is the point. I listen to Quiet Riot to hear Quiet Riot, not Shortino.

Other than the near perfect Metal Health, I will take the Shortino album over the rest. There's nothing weak about that album at all. Motley Crue wasn't Motley Crue with Corabi either but most hardcore fans will tell you that album kicks ass, regardless of the singer. Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of the original groups trying to keep their original singer. But in this case, the album released in 1988 with Shortino in his prime was filler free. Sure you could make an argument that QR III and Terrified had their moments but I wouldn't pick them over the ST album. And jesus...Critical Condition was lame as hell and doesn't really leave me questioning why they fell so hard from grace.

Yes, but as a massive Motley fan (they are one of my top two bands ever) I will out and out say as much as I loved the self titled album, it should never have been released as a Crue album.

Same with QR. It should never have been released under the name Quiet Riot.

The difference with those two bands though is that the Corabi album was amazing, the Shortino album didnt have a single song on it that I gave a damn about, and I am not what you would call a mental QR fan. And what made it even worse with that album is that there wasnt a single original member on that album. It had no right being called Quiet Riot, just as the band with Jizzy has no right.

Not a single original member?

It didn't but it is better than 90% of what they released. I would take Shortino in a heartbeat!
Nah. I will take any DuBrow fronted album over that one. Not a terrible album, but it does absolutely nothing for me. Weak songs and nothing even remotely in common with the Quiet Riot sound, which is the point. I listen to Quiet Riot to hear Quiet Riot, not Shortino.
Other than the near perfect Metal Health, I will take the Shortino album over the rest. There's nothing weak about that album at all. Motley Crue wasn't Motley Crue with Corabi either but most hardcore fans will tell you that album kicks ass, regardless of the singer. Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of the original groups trying to keep their original singer. But in this case, the album released in 1988 with Shortino in his prime was filler free. Sure you could make an argument that QR III and Terrified had their moments but I wouldn't pick them over the ST album. And jesus...Critical Condition was lame as hell and doesn't really leave me questioning why they fell so hard from grace.
Yes, but as a massive Motley fan (they are one of my top two bands ever) I will out and out say as much as I loved the self titled album, it should never have been released as a Crue album.

The difference with those two bands though is that the Corabi album was amazing, the Shortino album didnt have a single song on it that I gave a damn about, and I am not what you would call a mental QR fan. And what made it even worse with that album is that there wasnt a single original member on that album. It had no right being called Quiet Riot, just as the band with Jizzy has no right.

Kevin is /was the only Original member, Frankie is not the original drummer.

The original line-up featured Randy Rhoads and Kelly Garni with lead vocalist Kevin DuBrow and drummer Drew Forsyth.

Looks like I'm the only one who says.. "So What..?" If Banali wants Jizzy to front Quiet Riot it is his choice. Just as you have the choice whether or not to support the band. I'm not going to write off the new QR release before I ever hear it. I'll give it a fair listen and then decide if I like it or not. I thought it was all about the music.. not the name of the band.

How is replacing a singer any different than a football team replacing a quarterback? Once Brady in replaced in New England or Rothensburger replaced in Pitt those teams will continue onward.. and I can promise they will not change their name. When Faurve left Green Bay the team kept the name and nobody complained.

If I like the music I will support the band... That is the bottom line.

Agreed! I'm more interested in the new music(hopefully a new album). There is a lot of talent in this line-up. Looking forward to see what they can come up with. Just glad they are still making music for us.

Kevin is /was the only Original member, Frankie is not the original drummer.

Oh you guys meant the band when no one knew who the hell they were, not the multi-million selling version :)

I'm with Dave. I have no issue with QR carrying on. If you don't like it, don't support it. Seems pretty simple to me.

It is very simple, PASS!

I'm with Dave. I have no issue with QR carrying on. If you don't like it, don't support it. Seems pretty simple to me.

And isnt that what we are saying?

Seems pretty simple to me that I am not supporting it.

Looks like I'm the only one who says.. "So What..?" If Banali wants Jizzy to front Quiet Riot it is his choice. Just as you have the choice whether or not to support the band. I'm not going to write off the new QR release before I ever hear it. I'll give it a fair listen and then decide if I like it or not. I thought it was all about the music.. not the name of the band.

How is replacing a singer any different than a football team replacing a quarterback? Once Brady in replaced in New England or Rothensburger replaced in Pitt those teams will continue onward.. and I can promise they will not change their name. When Faurve left Green Bay the team kept the name and nobody complained.

Not even the same thing. A football team will still be the same unless you replace players with lesser or better quality.

You change a singer, and the band will sound totally different and be barely recognisable as the band you are a fan of.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt.

For instance Van Halen replaces Roth with Hagar, some people hated it, some people liked it but it was not the same band anymore.

They then replace Hagar with Cherone and pretty much everyone hated it.

With those three singers, you basically ended up with three different bands. Replace a football player, its still the same team, wearing the same colours playing the same game.

If a band can continue on with no original members, then I might just go out and form a band and call it Led Zeppelin cause obviously it makes no difference to fans.

Not even the same thing. A football team will still be the same unless you replace players with lesser or better quality.

You change a singer, and the band will sound totally different and be barely recognisable as the band you are a fan of.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt.

For instance Van Halen replaces Roth with Hagar, some people hated it, some people liked it but it was not the same band anymore.

They then replace Hagar with Cherone and pretty much everyone hated it.

With those three singers, you basically ended up with three different bands. Replace a football player, its still the same team, wearing the same colours playing the same game.

If a band can continue on with no original members, then I might just go out and form a band and call it Led Zeppelin cause obviously it makes no difference to fans.

As much as we all might hate to admit it.. A band and professional sports teams are both businesses. Those with the power have every right to change the members if they feel it will benefit them. And let's face it... Kevin ain't coming back.