ONE DAY ONLY SALE: 50% OFF RETRO CD'S

Retrospect Records

ends Thursday night at midnight...

ONE DAY ONLY: I'm gonna offer 50% off any cd in the Retrospect catalog. No limit on how many you buy. 50% refund comes after purchase. PLEASE COME BUY AT LEAST ONE CD and support Retrospect Records. There's a ton of cd's to choose from. That is half off the listed price! (used cds not included)

www.retrospectrecords.com

I wouldnt say going out of business but sales certainly arent as good as they were before the int'l shipping rates went up which is why I have to run these type of sales every so often.

Also , why I haven't been able to release as much product this year.

I hope to re-print some of the older stuff soon.

I wouldnt say going out of business but sales certainly arent as good as they were before the int'l shipping rates went up which is why I have to run these type of sales every so often.

I hate to hear that. Word from the inside says that USPS could very well go belly up. The government owes them money so they won't bail them out. Going to get worse I'd say...

Good to hear that mate. While waiting that, another recommendation is extreme discount for international customers to compensate the expensive shipment price, especially for older stuffs that didn't sell so well just to liquidate stocks to cash to invest in the newer bands.

I agree Nightrain - I think my shipping prices are still reasonable considering - BUT I will have to do a free shipping thing sometime and see what happens. And believe me - EVERY sale counts my friends!

Yeah, the shipping wasn't too bad. I ordered 3 cds and $10 shipping isn't too bad compared to what some others charge these days for international shipping.

look at Amazon - jumped from $6.89 to $14.29 for international customers - who the hell is gonna buy cd's at that rate? CD buying is already in decline and that just makes it ridiculous.

I absolutely agree. I don't buy CD's from Amazon.com anymore because of these outrageous shipping cost. :(

How did the digital download thing work out, Sam ? Was it worth the effort ?

look at Amazon - jumped from $6.89 to $14.29 for international customers - who the hell is gonna buy cd's at that rate? CD buying is already in decline and that just makes it ridiculous.

:agree:

Recent increases in shipping prices are ridiculous and have really damaged international sales. It's inexplicable - postal traffic must be higher than eer with the rise of eBay and Amazon, so why price people out of it? With more and more online sales and less and less High Street business, surely you'd want some of that action?

Some of the postage costs from private eBay sellers in the US are prohibitively high for me as a buyer and I'm sure it's not the sellers' fault at all. The same has happened in the UK, many prices have gone up around 50% in the last year. What is wrong with these people? I'll be using couriers more and more for sending packages within the UK, as the Royal Mail prices have gone through the roof.

I still get a lot out out of country sales but its for out of print items. I have lost sales as well. Like I said before, Ebay forces registered shipping basically. It's $25 to ship ONE cd international with tracking. Insane...

If anyone says International sales aren't down then they are living in a dreamworld. Stats prove it. My Amazon sales used to be about 40% international buyers and now I MIGHT see 2 to 5 out of 100 being Int'l customers.

Since I haven't been on ebay since 2009 I don't know how that has affected auctions / buy-it-now sales but I can imagine it's pretty pathetic too.

I'm not gonna throw out exact numbers but all I will tell you is this....between 2002 and 2009 I was raking in WELL into 6 figures a year. Now I'm not even making 6 figures or anywhere near it in 2013. Hence the reason why I can't release the product I used to.

This government is trying to destroy online business...PERIOD. Bush kinda started it but Obama is finishing it.

• My Little Pony

I still have a stack of cds from the last sale.

Yeah, now that I think about it, I do, too. Need to get familiar with those.