LOVE/HATE is back...

Fat Freddy

One of my fave 90s sleaze bands is back at it... they are playin' shows and have a new record in the works shooting for a Spring 2014 release, according to their Facebook:

999707_424989537616033_1877325886_n.jpg

Jizzy Pearl and Jon E. Love are both back from the original lineup...new bass player is Robbie Crane (ex-Ratt) and new drummer is Matt Starr, whose name sounds familiar but I cannot remember exactly why.

Should be cool!! :headbanger:

Matt Starr played drums on Bang Tango's Readt to Go CD. Not sure if he's done anything else.

Never heard that CD ... maybe I was just getting him confused with the late Mike Starr (ex Alice in Chains) or perhaps Matt Thorr (Rough Cutt). :blink:

Love the first two but no interest in hearing them now.

Why is that?

His voice grates me at times and I can't image it got better with age. I absolutely love the first one and the second was solid enough. The few after that were not very good IMO and I'm just not interested. I hope they prove me wrong!

I'm good with Love/Hate up to Let's Rumble (3rd album) ... I'm Not Happy was mediocre at best...

They released two after that (Livin' Off Layla and Let's Eat) which I've never heard, but one of 'em (I forget which) doesn't even have Jizzy singing on half of it. He split halfway thru the recording to join L.A. Guns so they brought in Marq Torien from the BulletBoys (!) to do the rest of the record.

So does this mean that now every 80s Hard Rock band has reformed?

;)

I do absolutely love the debut though. Awesome, classic album!

This new line-up of LOVE/HATE played M3 last May. They went on at like noon, really early on the main stage. I am so glad I got to the venue early enough to see LOVE/HATE. I had seen them at Hammerjacks years ago and didn't think they were such a great live band.. At M3.. I was blown away. LOVE/HATE was the surprise set of the whole festival.. I love it. Too bad they only got to play about an half hour.

I'm good with Love/Hate up to Let's Rumble (3rd album) ... I'm Not Happy was mediocre at best...

They released two after that (Livin' Off Layla and Let's Eat) which I've never heard, but one of 'em (I forget which) doesn't even have Jizzy singing on half of it. He split halfway thru the recording to join L.A. Guns so they brought in Marq Torien from the BulletBoys (!) to do the rest of the record.

Yea I agree Man.... Last really good CD was Let's Rumble.. I'm Not Happy was Ok.. Had a decent cover of I am the Walrus....Never knew they recorded anything after that... And after reading Jizzy split halfway through their last album?? not exactly gonna run out and check out those two albums.. I AM Hopeful the new album kicks some ass though....

Love/Hate's debut didn't come out till 1990. ;)

But still, in answer to your question.... yes, I think so. :rofl2:

;)

I do absolutely love the debut though. Awesome, classic album!

I think most of the NAMES have reformed ... whether or not the bands concerned have more than one original member seems a bit academic :)

• 4 months later...

According to the Love/Hate Facebook page, the upcoming "Crucified" EP will be released under Jizzy Pearl's own name instead of the Love/Hate name...supposedly Skid and Jon E. Love both threatened Jizzo with legal action for putting the Love/Hate name on it without their permission. Sheesh.

"CRUCIFIED is now a Jizzy Pearl release. Available on Itunes on the banner above. March 2014 will be the LAST Love/Hate tour as Jizzy Pearl's Love/Hate. Not to be confused with Skid's Love/Hate or Joey Gold's Love/Hate, both of which are marvelous in their own right."

I think I detect a note of sarcasm in Jizzy's last sentence here. :D

In other words... nothin' to see here, move along everybody....

According to the Love/Hate Facebook page, the upcoming "Crucified" EP will be released under Jizzy Pearl's own name instead of the Love/Hate name...supposedly Skid and Jon E. Love both threatened Jizzo with legal action for putting the Love/Hate name on it without their permission. Sheesh.

"CRUCIFIED is now a Jizzy Pearl release. Available on Itunes on the banner above. March 2014 will be the LAST Love/Hate tour as Jizzy Pearl's Love/Hate. Not to be confused with Skid's Love/Hate or Joey Gold's Love/Hate, both of which are marvelous in their own right."

I think I detect a note of sarcasm in Jizzy's last sentence here. :D

In other words... nothin' to see here, move along everybody....

Shoulda brought Darren Householder back instead of Jon ...