D:A:D Yes, Disneyland After Dark...best disc?

Best D:A:D album?   

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

To me, these guys are right at the top.

Did you know they were just here, in the U.S? Yep, a date or two in NY.

First time in 20 fuggin years.

I sure hope the Monsters of Rock folks can work their magic and get them onto the next one.

Maybe Krokus, Electric Boys too? Zody and the boys? But I digress...

What is your favorite disc from these masters of thinking man's hard rock?

I chose No Fuel. Riskin' It All is a close second. After that, well I have Simpatico, thought it sorta sucked so I have not played it in a LONG time. Skipped everything until Monster, picked that up, thought it sorta sucked so was resigned to the fact that their first few CD's were the highlights.

Never really followed them beyond No Fuel which I really like and am astonished at how many discs they actually have.

Who's TPOH? Here in Canada that's The Pursuit of Happiness.

Here in the states it is too, I just abreviated.

I went with 'Riskin' It All' although, to be honest, they haven't done anything that I haven't liked (even their really early stuff, like 'Counting the Cattle' has a charm!) :)

I enjoyed 'No Fuel'; very good album. I then bought 'Riskin It All' and thought it was really poor, so I haven't listened to anything by them since, hence I thought it would be unfair to vote.

I chose No Fuel. Riskin' It All is a close second. After that, well I have Simpatico, thought it sorta sucked so I have not played it in a LONG time. Skipped everything until Monster, picked that up, thought it sorta sucked so was resigned to the fact that their first few CD's were the highlights.

I'll second that. No Fuel with Riskin' being a very close second. Some great songs on both but "Sleeping My Day Away" pushes No Fuel over the top. Everything after Riskin' is unfortunately just way too hit or miss.

Yeah it's very tough for me to choose. I guess I must vote "No Fuel..." because those songs are just so catchy, and got me into them in first place. But on a different day of the week, it could well be "Riskin' It All"

Good to see some fans of this band! I understand about losing track of them after the first two popular albums. For me though, they've got some kind of magic -- it's not all perfect, but some of it is so good every release ('Soft Dogs' the possible exception!) is worthwhile to me.

For those that seek the early (NO FUEL) kinda sound but are wary to buy the whole catalog, I would recommend checking out "Scare Yourself" (see 'Unexplained', and 'Camping In Scandanavia' for starters) and the newest one, "dis.NEy.Lan.Daft.Er.dArK" (try 'The End' and "New Age Moving In")

• 2 months later...

Went for No Fuel....I only have 3 albums of theirs so can't comment on their later stuff but No Fuel was such a great album with some top tracks that just remind me of the rock clubs I used to go to back in the day. I have an album by them called Special which contains some of their early songs...some of them are hilarious especially Sad Sad Christmas.

• 2 months later...