anyone else have trouble driving at night?

66 mustang

Yeah, the last several years I've found that my eyesight no longer handles the oncoming car lights very well....I assume it is a combination of my eyes getting old :lol: and the fact that car lights are much brighter these days from the new types of headlights....it's really a bitch when the road is wet...

I have a problem with the glare from headlights & streetlights, etc. More of a problem on wet roads in the rain. My eyes water instead of getting dry. Doctor told me it was from fatigue. Kinda sucks, because I make my living on the road.

I have a problem with the glare from headlights & streetlights, etc. More of a problem on wet roads in the rain. My eyes water instead of getting dry. Doctor told me it was from fatigue. Kinda sucks, because I make my living on the road.

I have the same problem. When driving on wet, unfamiliar roads at night I can be downright dangerous.

I have trouble driving at night, cause the roads are a sheet of ice, other then that not really, just hard to concentrate and watch out for cops at the same time.

I have trouble driving at night, cause the roads are a sheet of ice, other then that not really, just hard to concentrate and watch out for cops at the same time.

Didn't realise Utah was so cold! I'd love to go birdwatching near where you live...

• My Little Pony

Didn't realise Utah was so cold! I'd love to go birdwatching near where you live...

Not as cold as Canada. This is the time of year most of us Canadians leave our igloos and seek out sturdier shelters.

When I moved from Arizona to South Dakota the worst stretch of road (for snow and ice) that I drove on was the I-80 between Provo and Salt Lake City.

When I moved from Arizona to South Dakota the worst stretch of road (for snow and ice) that I drove on was the I-80 between Provo and Salt Lake City.

Yeah I-80 that runs along the mountain is horrid, black ice, 8 ft snow drifts, the whole sha-bang, fucking hell on wheels, the other night their was someone who spun off and hit the concrete barrier, literally every 3 miles or so, it was absolutely unbelievable, I have never saw anything like it, and of course the second theres even a drop of moisture falling from the sky, it's like people go into fucking idiot mode, and become, well, fucking idiots!

I would have thought you guys would avoid topics that show your age. :D

:lol: I was going to say my parents don't like driving at night. ;)

The only issue I have had in the past (on only one or two occasions) is when the rain is so heavy your windscreen wipers can't keep up and once I literally had to pull over because I couldn't see anything anymore for this tirade of rain. Otherwise, I am really, really old, but probably not this old yet. I visit my brothers up the coast (3 and 4 hour trips) reasonably regularly and do all my travelling there and back at night so maybe I've become an owl of sorts?

Not as cold as Canada. This is the time of year most of us Canadians leave our igloos and seek out sturdier shelters.

I don't usually mind the cold too much, but it was -6 this morning. I didn't enjoy walking down to the coach stop an awful lot.

BTW, on the subject of the thread, does anyone recognise this?:

Can I confess something? I tell you this as an artist, I think you'll understand. Sometimes when I'm driving... on the road at night... I see two headlights coming toward me. Fast. I have this sudden impulse to turn the wheel quickly, head-on into the oncoming car. I can anticipate the explosion. The sound of shattering glass. The... flames rising out of the flowing gasoline.

• My Little Pony

Can I confess something? I tell you this as an artist, I think you'll understand. Sometimes when I'm driving... on the road at night... I see two headlights coming toward me. Fast. I have this sudden impulse to turn the wheel quickly, head-on into the oncoming car. I can anticipate the explosion. The sound of shattering glass. The... flames rising out of the flowing gasoline.

I thought I did. Google'd it. Nope. But maybe I've heard this bit somewhere.

No idea who said it, but I have had a buddy of mine tell me in almost the same words used above that he has had urges like that. Needless to say I really hate riding with him when he drives now.

No idea who said it, but I have had a buddy of mine tell me in almost the same words used above that he has had urges like that. Needless to say I really hate riding with him when he drives now.

I'd be fearful of driving with Marshall too........ :whistle:

I thought I did. Google'd it. Nope. But maybe I've heard this bit somewhere.

Quote from 'Annie Hall'. One of Christopher Walken's first roles. As the quote suggests, his character is a bit ... unhinged. A real sign of things to come!

Great scene:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/utahimages/7029590653/

Here you go bro, this is what winter here looks like!

http://www.flickr.co...ges/7029590653/

Here you go bro, this is what winter here looks like!

Looks awesome. In fact, reminds me a tiny bit of the view from my apartment when I was working in Sarajevo a few years ago. Your picture looks nicer (Sarajevo was great though, contrary to popular belief).