The Wild Lies - Jacks Out The Box EP

Stefan

This is great stuff!
And they've been supporting Reckless Love on recent UK gigs.

From stereoboard.com:

"High Wycombe hard-rockers The Wild Lies have announced that their brand new EP ‘Jacks Out the Box’ will hit shelves on January 14th next year.

A blend of metal fused by intricate grinding riffage colliding with stadium rock chorus melodies, The Wild Lies should be in everyone’s faces and ears very soon. With brand new EP ‘Jacks Out The Box’, the band are excited to unleash the five tracks onto the public.

"You’ve got to hear this!” they declare. “It's a great balance of old school with a new modern edge! We've all pushed ourselves so hard with this EP. We are really happy with end result! Check it out!"

The band have put together a brilliant music video for one of the EP’s tracks ‘Relive the Ride’ - you can check it out below now. Keep your eyes peeled for the EP when it hits shelves in the new year."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sEOsXcBFUA

wildliesband2012.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Man they sound absolutely killer. Absolute perfect rhythm section and heaviness.

I am getting a massive similarity coming to the tip of my tongue based on this new song. What's the vocalist's name and has he been involved in another project? Man it is right there on the tip of my tongue...

Wow, a band that actually offers sensible shipping rates to Australia. I commend them. Can anyone confirm how many songs are on the EP? au$9.88 shipped seems pretty reasonable if it's a 5/6 track EP.

*pling* ordered! Thanks for the info.

Man they sound absolutely killer. Absolute perfect rhythm section and heaviness.

I am getting a massive similarity coming to the tip of my tongue based on this new song. What's the vocalist's name and has he been involved in another project? Man it is right there on the tip of my tongue...

I hope you talk about music and not someone's manhood... :whistle:

Wow, a band that actually offers sensible shipping rates to Australia. I commend them. Can anyone confirm how many songs are on the EP? au$9.88 shipped seems pretty reasonable if it's a 5/6 track EP.

I believe it's a 5-track EP.

Believe? I believe in my lord and jesus and saviour jesus christ, but have you seen him around lately? I deal in facts, man.

But yeah, thanks for the info. :) Any idea which band the lead singer was definitely in before? Still on the tip of my tongue...

Believe? I believe in my lord and jesus and saviour jesus christ, but have you seen him around lately? I deal in facts, man.

But yeah, thanks for the info. :) Any idea which band the lead singer was definitely in before? Still on the tip of my tongue...

Yep smartass. You're talking to him right now you peasant. It IS a 5-track. I know it all but reveal little...

Do you still have your tongue on the.....?

:aw:

Yep smartass. You're talking to him right now you peasant. It IS a 5-track. I know it all but reveal little...

Do you still have your tongue on the.....?

:aw:

The schlong? Always.

But let me know who else this dude sung with immediately please, Jesus.

Okay, false alarm. I think I finally figured it out. I might have been thinking of the original House of Shakira singer. Clearly it's not him, but the vocals just sounded familiar in the chorus. Problem not solved, but over.

• 2 weeks later...

Ignore my other thread.

This is clearly the best 5 songs released so far this year.

Just listened to the Edge, Snakecharmer and PC69 and found them all dull and uninspiring.

And re the singer to me he sound most like the guy from Taking Dawn.

The Wild Lies

January 22 via mobile

Hi guys! Apologies to anyone who is waiting for the hard copy of the E.P. We have had some problems with the manufacturer! But don't worry all is fine now! We should be receiving a fresh batch of CDs in the next days! And just to show our appreciation, a small gift will be included!

The Wild Lies

January 22 via mobile

Hi guys! Apologies to anyone who is waiting for the hard copy of the E.P. We have had some problems with the manufacturer! But don't worry all is fine now! We should be receiving a fresh batch of CDs in the next days! And just to show our appreciation, a small gift will be included!

Thanks for the info!

I have it on pre-order and I thought the other day what the delay is all about.

I wonder what the small gift will be...

Like a fine sleaze glam mixed with some real hard rock and probably a little bit heavy metal. The riffs are amazing and vocal is good and also has high range. 'Relive The Ride' could be the best track here, but I also favor the opening track, 'Falling', which has superb chorus. 'Beginning To End' is a good ballad but possibly the weakest track and I prefer them for goin' the uptempo side. 'Stone Cold Love' and 'Heartbreak' are also 8/10 materials, all in all a very good and enjoyable EP.

81%